Defence

kilm53

2 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Would be dissapointing to lose him to st Johnstone. Could do a job at centre back in the short term and if we could attract him permanently could replace SOD in january or summer. I prefer him at right back as he’s pretty good ball carrier. 

Would be a slap in the face if he went to a club smaller in stature to the theatre of pies

Del Fabro interview in some of the papers today. Interesting last paragraph in the Sunday Mail article.

"I'm loving it here, so maybe the boss will speak about it with the club and with Juventus and we'll see what happens. The career of a footballer is very strange because in a year anything can happen and many things can change."

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Del Fabro interview in some of the papers today. Interesting last paragraph in the Sunday Mail article.

"I'm loving it here, so maybe the boss will speak about it with the club and with Juventus and we'll see what happens. The career of a footballer is very strange because in a year anything can happen and many things can change."

If we have any chance of securing Del Fabro we should do what we can.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Hope the club are all over this. Even another year loan would be brilliant. 

4 hours ago, chubbs said:

I think Wilson will be off the first chance he gets.

Fear that might be the case. It's a shame for the boy, puts a shift in any time he's called upon and played multiple positions. Similar to Ohara. He's just been unlucky that we've had the best midfield for years and they've not given any reason to be dropped. 

3 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Fear that might be the case. It's a shame for the boy, puts a shift in any time he's called upon and played multiple positions. Similar to Ohara. He's just been unlucky that we've had the best midfield for years and they've not given any reason to be dropped. 

Would be very disappointed to see big Shug leave. IMO has developed but will only develop as well as he should with first team football. Never let us down. Plays a few positions. Drives forward well and has a great engine. 

1 hour ago, carpetfitter said:

Would be very disappointed to see big Shug leave. IMO has developed but will only develop as well as he should with first team football. Never let us down. Plays a few positions. Drives forward well and has a great engine. 

If SOD were to leave in the transfer window, does anybody think that Wilson at right back might be something worth trying?

Or as a more flamboyant alternative, switch to a 3-4-2-1 with Rory and Niko as hard-working wing-backs, either Dicker or big Shug as the third defender and the attacking midfielders (Burke, Millar, Thomas?) under orders to get closer to Brophy to offer him much needed support.