Sevco

3 minutes ago, seedsy said:

If they are in the s**t, the Scottish media is doing a good job of burying their heads in the sand. Sportsound in Monday, Chris mclauchlin reporting about the 25 mil debt, how king is even saying this way is unsustainable, hand to mouth borrowing spending. Back to Kenny mac in the studio, him and Stephen Thompson were like, aye but at least they are competing with celtic again and have a guid manager noo. Hmm. 

I remember on Scotlands game, Graham speirs, Tom English were saying they were almost complicit in rangers demise as they never even questioned all their spending. History repeating itself. No one is saying anything at all. In fact everyone saying how much better shape rangers are in now. 

Yeo and it'll be f**king hilarious when this cheating shower of self important wanks go totally bust again.   We now have a pyramid system so it's the waste of Scotland league for new new co.

27 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Everyone apart from the sevconian and their apologists in the media.  The rest of us are hoping for the massive implosion which will be of epic proportions this time.

The only thing is, for years we have heard these murmurings that they are gonna go bust. Never seems to come of anything. Im with you tho, get them tae f**k noo. The way they have came back from the dead, and conducted themselves since has been an absolute disgrace. From day one, racking up the debt (the Kevin Kyle wage negotiations story is hilarious), when in the lower leagues buying the best if the rest, we ourselves lost key players to them. Their fans got even worse, and nobody has said a f**king thing about it. It's mental. 

Another reason i don't understand the 'neutral' wanting old firm success in Europe for the coefficient. 

Scotland are en route to securing 2 champions league places from the 2021/2022 season due to how this campaign is faring. Incoming Champions league money to that shower might be the difference between sustainability and another banter decade. 

6 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

That's what they gambled on before. 

I don't know the ins and outs of their finances to be honest. Fed up hearing for years that they're going bust again but they're still here, and on a playing level they're now neck and neck with Celtic (so far) and doing well in Europe beating some big names. 

They've obviously gambled on how they're financing it all but if champions league money started rolling in plus decent fees for the likes of Morelos and a couple of others - the extra champions league place will be a major benefit to the c**ts. 

• 1 month later...

Touchy...

Alastair Johnston launches attack on Celtic fans as former Rangers chief comes out swinging over 'new club' taunts

Rangers fans are regularly taunted by their city rivals over the club's descent into liquidation in 2012.

Former Ibrox chairman Alastair Johnston has launched an attack on Celtic fans who claim Rangers "died" in 2012.

The Ibrox faithful are regularly taunted by a section of their city rivals, and by some from the rest of Scottish football, who maintain the club ceased to exist after it plunged into administration and then liquidation, before re-emerging in the Third Division.

Johnston's tenure at Rangers ended when Craig Whyte took power in 2011 before the club's financial implosion but he returned to Ibrox as a director in 2017.

He believes the 2-1 win over Celtic on Sunday, the first Gers victory at Parkhead since 2010, demonstrated the self belief at Ibrox going into the new decade.

Reflecting on the dark days of 2012 and the fall-out, Johnston insists that Rangers not only survived but are now thriving.

"I left after we won the title for the third time in a row in 2011 and I wasn't believing my ears about what was going on at the club and where it was going," he said.

"You were hearing all the words like the Rangers have disappeared, they have died, it was a new club and all the stuff which self-interested people tried to maintain.

"I always wondered about the mentality of certain Celtic supporters, not by any means most of them, who basically said our club died in February, 2012.

"You know what? If that was the end of Rangers and Celtic and if that was the end of the big game that started in 1888 (the first Old Firm meeting) all the way to 2012 - we won that game.

"The way you determine it by the number of times (54) we won the top division.

"We were ahead in February, 2012 and in head-to-head victories, we were ahead of Celtic in 2012.

"So if you wanted to say the old Rangers of 1872 died - we beat you 2-0 and when the game started again in 2012, it will be 120 years or so before you can tie with us.

"So you were dealing with that sort of mentality, with Rangers fans being defensive.

"But the reality is Rangers survived and not only did they survive, they started to thrive again.

"What we are seeing is much more of a thriving Rangers than a surviving Rangers.

"We have left survival behind us and it is now all about thriving and seeing how far we can go."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alastair-johnston-launches-attack-celtic-21201180

going by that logic it is clearly the mentality of Rangers (old and new) supporters you have to wonder about. 

2 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

"You were hearing all the words like the Rangers have disappeared, they have died, it was a new club and all the stuff which self-interested people tried to maintain.

"I always wondered about the mentality of certain Celtic supporters, not by any means most of them, who basically said our club died in February, 2012.

Must be those Celtic diehards like Jim Traynor he's talking about: 

"Rangers FC as we know them are dead. It’s all over. They are about to shut down for ever but not a single person among the game’s hierarchy was open for comment.

They didn’t even wait until tomorrow’s creditors’ meeting, although that will still go ahead.

But Rangers FC won’t. They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended.

No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died.

They were closed and a newco must start from scratch although their fans will insist the history will be boxed up with the strips and balls and carried into the future with the new club.

Technically that history belongs to something else, some other company but even though the governing bodies appear consumed by technicalities and protocol supporters have other priorities."

27 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Touchy...

Alastair Johnston launches attack on Celtic fans as former Rangers chief comes out swinging over 'new club' taunts

Rangers fans are regularly taunted by their city rivals over the club's descent into liquidation in 2012.

Former Ibrox chairman Alastair Johnston has launched an attack on Celtic fans who claim Rangers "died" in 2012.

The Ibrox faithful are regularly taunted by a section of their city rivals, and by some from the rest of Scottish football, who maintain the club ceased to exist after it plunged into administration and then liquidation, before re-emerging in the Third Division.

Johnston's tenure at Rangers ended when Craig Whyte took power in 2011 before the club's financial implosion but he returned to Ibrox as a director in 2017.

He believes the 2-1 win over Celtic on Sunday, the first Gers victory at Parkhead since 2010, demonstrated the self belief at Ibrox going into the new decade.

Reflecting on the dark days of 2012 and the fall-out, Johnston insists that Rangers not only survived but are now thriving.

"I left after we won the title for the third time in a row in 2011 and I wasn't believing my ears about what was going on at the club and where it was going," he said.

"You know what? If that was the end of Rangers and Celtic and if that was the end of the big game that started in 1888 (the first Old Firm meeting) all the way to 2012 - we won that game.

"The way you determine it by the number of times (54) we won the top division.

"We were ahead in February, 2012 and in head-to-head victories, we were ahead of Celtic in 2012.

"So if you wanted to say the old Rangers of 1872 died - we beat you 2-0 and when the game started again in 2012, it will be 120 years or so before you can tie with us.

"So you were dealing with that sort of mentality, with Rangers fans being defensive.

"But the reality is Rangers survived and not only did they survive, they started to thrive again.

"What we are seeing is much more of a thriving Rangers than a surviving Rangers.

"We have left survival behind us and it is now all about thriving and seeing how far we can go."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alastair-johnston-launches-attack-celtic-21201180

going by that logic it is clearly the mentality of Rangers (old and new) supporters you have to wonder about. 

Truth hurts I suppose.

• 2 months later...

RANGERS have appointed a DUP councillor and member of the Orange Order as their new PR chief as Jim Traynor steps down.

It was confirmed earlier today that David Graham, who will resign from his role on Belfast City Council, will join the Ibrox club.

He replaces Traynor, who has worked for the Light Blues since 2012, in the newly-created role of head of communications and media relations.

But Graham's appointment is not without controversy.

According to his register of interests, he is a worshipful master in the Orange Order and a member of the Royal Black Preceptory - a protestant fraternal society.

Speaking about his new job, Graham said: "As a lifelong Rangers supporter, it is an honour to work for the world's most successful football club.

"When the opportunity arose, I was very pleased to fulfil this role and am looking forward to getting started.

"I am excited by the board's vision for Rangers as we work towards our 150th anniversary and beyond."

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson added: "David shares our vision, passion and enthusiasm for the club.

"We are delighted David has chosen to join us and strengthen our team.

"He is a welcome addition and I look forward to working with him."

World's most successful football club, they've done a lot in eight years. 

1 minute ago, Wrangodog said:

RANGERS have appointed a DUP councillor and member of the Orange Order as their new PR chief as Jim Traynor steps down.

It was confirmed earlier today that David Graham, who will resign from his role on Belfast City Council, will join the Ibrox club.

He replaces Traynor, who has worked for the Light Blues since 2012, in the newly-created role of head of communications and media relations.

But Graham's appointment is not without controversy.

According to his register of interests, he is a worshipful master in the Orange Order and a member of the Royal Black Preceptory - a protestant fraternal society.

Speaking about his new job, Graham said: "As a lifelong Rangers supporter, it is an honour to work for the world's most successful football club.

"When the opportunity arose, I was very pleased to fulfil this role and am looking forward to getting started.

"I am excited by the board's vision for Rangers as we work towards our 150th anniversary and beyond."

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson added: "David shares our vision, passion and enthusiasm for the club.

"We are delighted David has chosen to join us and strengthen our team.

"He is a welcome addition and I look forward to working with him."

World's most successful football club, they've done a lot in eight years. 

Every media briefing ends with *Deep Nordie accent* Rangers says NO!

An astonishing appointment from them.Seems he was a school teacher until 4 years ago when he started working for Arlene Foster just around the time the Stormont Parliament disbanded. No great history in PR, no contacts in Scottish media, DUP councillor - so that makes him the perfect candidate to be media man for a club in another country surrounded by bigotry from hundreds of years ago. However it seems he has one redeeming feature- he is "STAUNCH"! I honestly couldn't imagine Celtic appointing a Sinn Fein Councillor to a similar position. Oh dear let the battles commence.

Ah well we will say good bye to statements including words such as concommittent amd say hello hello to phrases such as dinosaurs never existed. The world is flat ye heat, and there will be no popery here, all signed we are the peepel.

absolute clunge infested s**tshow of a club, hurry up and die again you absolute bigoted clowns