James Fowler

Mojike and Bod

2 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Gees peace. Nothing's ever good enough. Someone always knows better. There always doubters who like to get their oar in early just in case anything goes wrong so they can go back and say "told you so". Your "legitimate doubts" are anything but, we are who we are and we've made an appointment that those in charge believe will be up to the task. What makes you think you are in a position to pass judgement here? Are you an expert on football operations? If you think you are then why didn't you apply for the job instead of sewing the seeds of doubt about someone else?

What a bizarre rant. It's a football forum and the whole point of a forum is to discuss things that are going on around the club. You're right, I'm no expert on football operations, but are you? I'm not an expert on the minutia of transfer dealings and player negotiations either so does that mean I'm not allowed to comment on signings? I'm not Gordon Ramsay, so I'm not allowed to comment on the pies?

I and everyone else I'm sure will want Fow to be a success, but you say "nothings ever good enough" and that's just nonsense too. So because Bowie appointed Clarke he should be given a free pass and not criticised when he makes a mistake? Because we should be content with our lot? I've said before on here that we missed a chance in the summer to cement our place as the third best team in the country through dilly-dallying over appointing a DoF/Head of Football, the delay in appointing Alessio and then not giving him the support in terms of signings etc. That's not thinking "nothings ever good enough" that's wanting the best possible for the football club, and wanting to aim as high as we can. 

Football fans will have opinions on how their club is run - that's just a fact of life. You can agree or disagree on the points, but to say someone's not allowed their view is just weird. 

14 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

You're weird. We all know that but the least said about that the better. We are making a new appointment and the first thing you can think to be is critical before its even officially announced. This is why the guy's job is going to be so difficult. No one mentioned giving Bowie a free pass either, you're imagining that. The summer was not good but the club were thrown in at the deep end with the manager upping sticks and the CEO making an arse of everything and then bailing out. You say they were "dilly-dallying" in appointing a new manager, were they or were they taking their time and trying to get it right instead of just making snap judgement, which you seem to be a fan of? Bowie increased the player budget but you say they didn't support the new manager in terms of signings, or was AA taking his time and waiting to get the right people in instead of just anyone available? You accuse the club of not acting quickly enough on appointments when the truth is that, like most fans, they are only "wanting the best possible for the football club". Meanwhile they have to contend with know-it-all fan(nie)s telling them where they are going wrong, the same fans that would jump down their throats if they made snap decisions and they proved to be bad moves.

Jeez, has your wife ran off with the milkman.

I think this is a great appointment. Someone who knows the club inside out. Someone who the young players will look up to and someone who the senior players will respect. 
A good coach who understands the workings of our football club. Perfect.

Remember how far we have came from the dark days of Gary Locke & Lee Clark. 

100% in favour of this one. Would be great appointment. Somebody who knows the club and having met him several times a very nice guy. 

Wouldnt read into his Queens experience. Queens were in transition when JF was there having lost a lot of players with little money to spend. He did well on very limited budget. 

Hope its confirmed soon.

This is a fantastic appointment on paper. A really legend of the club, Young and imagine will be enthusiastic about his job. Good coaching experience and will have good contacts from down south I’d imagine. Hopefully see him in this role for years to come and brings real stability to us, and we won’t be in the situation we were in the summer. Well done to the board for this. Hopefully get a full scouting system organised now

From the Beeb:

Kilmarnock: James Fowler named head of football operations

James Fowler has been appointed as Kilmarnock's head of football operations, with the former Rugby Park midfielder's experience for the role being hailed as "second to none".

Fowler, who played more than 450 times for the Ayrshire club and was part of the 2012 League Cup-winning side.

Most recently, the 39-year-old worked under Jack Ross at Sunderland, having previously assisted him at St Mirren.

"We're delighted to welcome James back to Killie," director Billy Bowie said.

"James's experience for the role is second to none and we're all looking forward to working with him going forward."

Former Queen of the South manager Fowler will "oversee the entire football department" and will be "responsible for all club recruitment and scouting" at first team, reserve, under-18 and academy level.

"I am thrilled to be coming back to the club," he said before taking up the post on Monday.

"With the experience I've gained in the last five years in various roles within the industry, I feel that this is the right opportunity for me to implement my ideas.

"The club and supporters have always been so welcoming, and I am looking forward to working with the board, Angelo Alessio and his staff, and the fans to continue to build the strongest team we can."