Yesterday's first goal

capitalkillie

27 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

Deserves a thread of it's own. One of the best team goals I've seen us score. With about 3 passes to go I was thinking this would be an amazing goal if it ends that way and it did! A superb team goal. Let's hope the highlights include the full move. 

Literally just watched the highlights and thought the exact same. Fantastic team goal, so many players involved. Didn’t appreciate it at the time. 

The quick passing at the back, turn and pass from Dicker were excellent  ... but what a sublime through ball from Hammy !!

Thought the chance had gone with Mo but he dug it out and laid it on a plate for Burke to apply the finish.

Best team goal I can think of in a long time.

22 hours ago, theboyjohnston said:

Enjoy!

Burke mentioned in his post match interview (and was quick to acknowledge after the 1st goal ) how important Rory's cross field run was to open up the space for El Mak and Burke down the right. 

Some on here, who dont understand football, think he doesn't deserve praise for saturday because he didnt get any goals or assists xD Burke makes an excellent point 

5 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Some on here, who dont understand football, think he doesn't deserve praise for saturday because he didnt get any goals or assists xD Burke makes an excellent point 

The TV studios are full of ex-professionals who think they understand football, but when it comes down to actually being a successful manager most don't have a clue. Even diddies like me know that Saturday's win was down to all the components that make a successful team fitting together brilliantly. Our priority is getting as many of that team signed up on longer contracts as possible. 

37 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

He did the same for another Burke chance.

His energy and drive are vital. It’s why he’s played over 200 league games under 5/6 different managers.

I never saw it in McKenzie beyond ‘good sub’ but this season he has really improved. Very much hope a new long-term deal is being offered soon.