Tory vote in Scotland

Killiepies

2 hours ago, Fudger said:

It’s not much different to the SNP taking over the traditional Irish Catholic vote in Glasgow from labour. 

glasgow huns (loyalists, unionists) are now identifying with the tories as the only alternative to the SNP. 

just change those Red rosettes to yellow or blue for the masses of Scotland’s largest city and a suburban area. 

The Irish Catholic vote. WTF. You living in the 1950s? There is no religious dimension to the SNP.  In fact the Catholic population were historically suspicious of them.Ruth Davidson played the Orange card to get votes from the knuckledraggers and they've duly obliged. Useful idiots for the British State as ever. On the other side we have the bizarre united Ireland, Celtic supporting British Unionists of the Labour Party typified by the idiot James Kelly. A plague on both their houses.

10 hours ago, Fudger said:

It’s not much different to the SNP taking over the traditional Irish Catholic vote in Glasgow from labour. 

glasgow huns (loyalists, unionists) are now identifying with the tories as the only alternative to the SNP. 

just change those Red rosettes to yellow or blue for the masses of Scotland’s largest city and a suburban area. 

This is literally complete bollocks 

I didn't think he was stating a bias from the SNP .... but from the group of voters.  In the same way supporters of the cheeks pick opposing sides in any dispute.

The Rangers fans vote Tory, so Celtic fans go to the opposition .... which used to be Labour but is now the SNP.

12 minutes ago, RAG said:

Only when the DUP arent on the ballot paper!  In all seriousness, do more than half, or approaching 50% of Rangers fans vote Tory? I suspect that’s an urban myth.  

There a screenshot on these boards from follow follow I believe that gives Tory support at over 50% but you can hardly call it impartial . If you trawl the Internet you’ll see that support for the SNP from rangers fans  is consistently over 20% and the wings over Scotland site quotes it at 37% . 
IMO since the rise of the SNP I think the days of Glaswegians voting along sectarian lines has decreased 

5 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

IMO since the rise of the SNP I think the days of Glaswegians voting along sectarian lines has decreased 

Good enough reason to not SNP baaad everything.  imo the rise of the SNP to frontline politics has made everyone more aware of our nation and its potential. 

Some want to embrace that, some want to quash it and some want it exterminated.

For those categories is read, SNP & Greens and other yes movement members, then the lib dems and possibly Labour and then the Tories,  brexiters and McLean (that last one was for fun)

13 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

imo the rise of the SNP to frontline politics has made everyone more aware of our nation and its potential. 

The Scottish Parliament was the biggest catalyst in the rise of Scottish nationhood and increased confidence in ‘Scottishness’ - it defiantly wasn't the performance of our national football team!  Without the parliament as a platform, none of it would have happened.  Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas, with of course the honourable exception of Scottish Labour in 1997. 

2 hours ago, RAG said:

Only when the DUP arent on the ballot paper!  In all seriousness, do more than half, or approaching 50% of Rangers fans vote Tory? I suspect that’s an urban myth.  

I think a huge proportion probably do vote Tory ... but that could be due to the Rule Britannia/ UJ waving dicks in their support.  My point was that if they are perceived to vote Tory, then a large number of Celtic fans will automatically vote for the party with the best chance of defeating them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hong Kong and Chinese flags at the next game as well as Israeli & Palestinian ones ... it's the way they are.

until recently Glasgow was labour through and through. Now labour has been decimated in the city. SNP have predominantly snapped up support with the tories also now making a lot of ground. Think about it logically without getting upset....SNP promise to challenge the tories and English rule, whilst also trying to break away from the UK, I wonder who is likely to vote and not to vote for them in Glasgow, a city still very much under the cloud of sectarian tribalism.

whether you like it or not the city still has a huge percentage of people who would class themselves as Irish catholic’s and a large percentage of people who class themselves as Scottish unionist Protestants. It can be no surprise which party most of the people in these groups will back.

So it’s far from complete bollocks. 

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

I think a huge proportion probably do vote Tory ... but that could be due to the Rule Britannia/ UJ waving dicks in their support.  My point was that if they are perceived to vote Tory, then a large number of Celtic fans will automatically vote for the party with the best chance of defeating them.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Hong Kong and Chinese flags at the next game as well as Israeli & Palestinian ones ... it's the way they are.

37% is a huge proportion, given Sevco play in Govan. 1885 last time a Conservative MP was elected in Govan, although in 1950 the Unionist party were affiliated with the Tories and won the seat then. (The Govan WM Constituency was abolished in 2005 and merged into 3 different seats, but will need to check that out on my next boring 5min visit to Wikipedia!!)

Edited by RAG

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, Mclean07 said:

1BC827CE-A1F2-49B0-B0D4-FABCCC6174A7.jpeg.226062da44a5822e7b93909ff347960b.jpeg

WOW, You're scrapping the barrel now considering your party leader is a IRA sympathiser and is actually currently LEADING the Labour Party.

I admire your brass neck bring stuff up from almost a century ago, proves a lot about the current SNP party.

Are we really wanting to dig up stories from the last century about Labour? I'm not sure you really do.

Well played though, you are getting awfa desperate.

Not as desperate as the opinion polls up here though for Labour!

PS - most of my mums family were put in interment camps in the 40s too. Funnily enough, they weren't remotely Nazi.