Tory vote in Scotland

Killiepies

On 12/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

WOW, You're scrapping the barrel now considering your party leader is a IRA sympathiser and is actually currently LEADING the Labour Party.

I admire your brass neck bring stuff up from almost a century ago, proves a lot about the current SNP party.

Are we really wanting to dig up stories from the last century about Labour? I'm not sure you really do.

Well played though, you are getting awfa desperate.

Not as desperate as the opinion polls up here though for Labour!

PS - most of my mums family were put in interment camps in the 40s too. Funnily enough, they weren't remotely Nazi.

Your leader is happy enough to support us. 

If misinformation was an Olympic event then the Labour branch in Scotland along with the Tories would win gold all day long. Labour chose not to back the SNP in giving more powers to the Parliament but complain non stop.How many times has Richard Leonard moaned about this or that not being dealt with when the powers are not devolved.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:11 PM, EKX16 said:

If misinformation was an Olympic event then the Labour branch in Scotland along with the Tories would win gold all day long. Labour chose not to back the SNP in giving more powers to the Parliament but complain non stop.How many times has Richard Leonard moaned about this or that not being dealt with when the powers are not devolved.

You couldn’t even handle the welfare powers you were given. Asks Mummy Westminster give you more time. Screwed up everything else devolved as well. 

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

You couldn’t even handle the welfare powers you were given. Asks Mummy Westminster give you more time. Screwed up everything else devolved as well. 

Could be a lot worse if the Labour party in Scotland were in charge you just only need to look at a Labour run Wales.

Edited by EKX16
forgot a couple of words

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

@Mclean07  if that was your constituency Who would you vote for? 

If the SNP were replaced by Labour on that graphic I'd vote Labour.. 

FB_IMG_1576091581523.jpg

Probably SNP, but with a big holding of the nose after the abuse my proud party has received on here. Every SNP person has told me for years that Labour are really Tories, so I don’t know what difference it would make to you or them.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It is in places like Cumnock and Patna!

You are completely incorrect in this. Very annoying see my other post. The Tory vote comes from Ayr and rural Carrick after boundary changes. The SNO office is in Cumnock. It might be a contradiction, but Sevco supporters or not, the tories are largely hated in Cumnock. This is so simple....IT’S AYR!!!  Change of boundaries, 

Hopefully this helps dispel the Tory Cumnock nonsense. It’s the complete opposite.  I’m amazed at the lack of knowledge of Cumnock political history, Labour and trade unionism (chock full of miners). The last actual Tory was 1874! The the boundaries changed and Bill Grant got in last time. Believe me, I sold the Labour Weekly from age 13, and I know this area. 

Before boundary changes

64B26C48-EE4F-4403-AAA1-5FF1D68B453A.png.8e9c4ab99f68b9a4e8df2857b06d9bb8.png
An sample of the majorities.

98565384-8048-4127-9E5F-39D6B2464BEC.png.fee17bdfc53714d454de8736aa96b857.png

158BEAD0-431E-4182-B35A-6689150323A2.jpeg.6261cf90dceb003282f7dd1d87a89368.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

You are completely incorrect in this. Very annoying see my other post. The Tory vote comes from Ayr and rural Carrick after boundary changes. The SNO office is in Cumnock. It might be a contradiction, but Sevco supporters or not, the tories are largely hated in Cumnock. This is so simple....IT’S AYR!!!  Change of boundaries, 

I agree Cumnock and the surrounding areas are old mining communities and were Solid Labour for many years and as you rightly say the Tory vote was mainly from Ayr. 

58 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Probably SNP, but with a big holding of the nose after the abuse my proud party has received on here. Every SNP person has told me for years that Labour are really Tories, so I don’t know what difference it would make to you or them.

You tell me all the time the SNP are Tories so works both ways. 

• 4 weeks later...

I see the front runner in the race to become Tory leader in Scotland, is a certain Mr Carlaw. His position, apart from that the people of Scotland are not interested in a 2nd independence referendum, seems to be that leaving the EU presents many exciting opportunities for Scotland.

Strangely I can't see this person improving the Unionist vote at all.

In fact ever since the huge writing on the all message of the 2014 referendum, the Tory position seems to have been that the Union was the default equilibrium position and that if they just ignored Scotland "normal service" would be resumed. Their heads are so deeply buried in the sand here they could probably blow the fires out in Australia.   

Edited by gdevoy