St Mirren Away

Jmac37

Can anyone confirm if people generally remain seated in the away end at St.Mirren please? I took my six year old daughter to Pittodrie and we along with some other families ended up having to move and sit out in the rain as the wee ones couldn't see with everyone standing up for the full game. Thanks

For me it depends where you are sitting and how the game is going. Towards the back of the stand most likely to be standing constantly. If we are doing well the place will be rocking. Best bet perhaps getting tickets closer to the front although I’m not sure how sheltered it is or over towards the sides of the stands.

in October 2018 it was okay. Folk sat where allocated and generally sat down unless the action on the pitch merited a reaction.

In March I went into the main stand as was with St Mirren fans. No hassle and no probs with standing. Was seated as close to the Killie end as I could persuade the others so actually ok from that point of view too.

as said would be better to ask for one of the lower rows or even to one side but most fans do sit (till we get close to scoring anyhow) and there is wide range of ages now in the killie away following for most games  -

---there is usually a group who stand together (if allowed by stewards) so as long as not behind them should be ok 

The stewards made me sit a few rows from front in pissing rain last year. They wouldn’t let me sit in the numbered seat I’d bought a ticket for as they didn’t want to take the tape down.

Halfwittery in the extreme.

I was outside the soak zone though. Unlike their disabled section...

Edited by NorfolkG

50 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

The stewards made me sit a few rows from front in pissing rain last year. They wouldn’t let me sit in the numbered seat I’d bought a ticket for as they didn’t want to take the tape down.

Halfwittery in the extreme.

I was outside the soak zone though. Unlike their disabled section...

The secret with St. Mirren's ground is to buy tickets as early as possible and as far back as possible, plus get to the ground early. Didn't make much difference on that Monday night game though, we were already soaked by the time we got to the game. 

14 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The secret with St. Mirren's ground is to buy tickets as early as possible and as far back as possible, plus get to the ground early. Didn't make much difference on that Monday night game though, we were already soaked by the time we got to the game. 

Yeah I bought after work from the ground. Was there at 6.

Even still, I HAD a ticket for up the back. They just wouldn’t let me sit there.

Edited by NorfolkG

31 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

It's as close to a New Year game as it gets. Four days in the hoose with your relatives and an escape to the fitba' is at hand. 

That's what the game on boxing day is for!

Given the crowd we had at Motherwell last year, think most had the same idea!

Our Ibrox allocation will sell out in no time.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

At the sold out (2-1 Power/Tishbola) game last season, it was very crowded and standing all game in the back 3-4 rows of the central section.  Literally 2 rows of fans on the row my seat was on. All good fun..... but not what you're after.

I'd advise tickets towards the wings, or lower half to be 100% sure.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Had some of the best days of my life at that stadium watching us beat them, draw with them and generally get it right up them, so for that reason the other stuff doesn't really bother me.

Likewise, but what I mean is I do understand why some people blatantly hate the experience.