Hibs away, Fred

CB

5 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Awful first half with SOD being the only one who looked interested. Last thirty minutes was more like it however. Far too many players having off games and, dare I say it, a few players who really aren't good enough for a side chasing European football.

Great character however and a winnable game on Wednesday night. As a side issue, Dyer's contract is up at the end of the season and he has to be retained as a matter of urgency!!

I think the fact that we are a few points off Europe says they ARE good enough.

For me this was far more about our entire team having an off-day at the same time. The midfield was poor in particular imo and it’s usually our key strength.

Edited by NorfolkG

1 minute ago, NorfolkG said:

I think the fact that we are a few points off Europe says they ARE good enough.

For me this was far more about our entire team having an off-day at the same time. The midfield was poor in particular imo and it’s usually our key strength.

We were awful but shows our resolve that they  / we all stuck with it and got a point that looked highly unlikely at 2 down. Our attitude cannot be questioned. Crying out for a creative midfielder and a goal scorer as we all know. Sow just won't do

Just now, Gaffer said:

We were awful but shows our resolve that they  / we all stuck with it and got a point that looked highly unlikely at 2 down. Our attitude cannot be questioned. Crying out for a creative midfielder and a goal scorer as we all know. Sow just won't do

I’m not sure that the players or the crowd showed much resolve after the first goal went in.

It went very flat until shortly before Bruce scored.

4 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Great point considering we were apparently so bad for 60 mins. Incidentally how did Jackson play. He came on after 60 mins I see just as the tide was turning 

Don't think he was involved in very many chances directly but he was a lot more mobile than Sow and moved their CBs around more.

Thought Jackson's movement was quite decent when he came on, pulling defenders around and winning a couple of headers against giant centre half's, provided more energy and movement than Sow had done. Shows that we miss Brophy to run the channels and hold the ball in to feet when moving forward though. Subs made a big difference Millar in particular stretched them much more, and allowed more of a link up and out ball for Niko, who I thought was excellent.

1st half I think was a combination of us having a bit of an off day, and in fairness, Hibs clicking, their midfield was really good in the 1st 45 mins, with passing, movement and pace. Its very rare indeed to see Dicker, Power an El Mak struggling. 2nd half we got closer to them in the middle of the park, pushed the 3 central players further up and it obviously made all the difference. A word for Bruce who I thought strolled through the game, and broke up a lot of their forward passes, his anticipation and reading of the game is superb. For all Hibs dominance in the first half (and it was dominance) they only managed that one freak goal. 

Credit to AA and AD today for making the changes when required, tactical tweaks to the shape and subs at the right time, to give us, based on the last half hour or so arguably a deserved point in the end. 

On the subject of Larry, although a clanger for the 1st goal, he did have a few impressive stops at key moments after that.

Edited by Jedi2

4 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

2 guys behind me did nothing but moan all game.

"s**te" 

"For f**k sake" etc. 

On Rorys back after 2 minutes. 

At the end of the game they were still moaning! 

"We were s**te" 

"Didn't deserve a point etc" 

Have a word with yourself guys and f**k right off. 

Say it to their face diddy 

The form hibs have shown lately meant it was already a tough ask of the boys however, digging in and getting a point is a massive leap from being beaten by teams at home when they had no right to win.

the management team are too notch let’s get behind them!!

(disclaimer I may be 7 whiskys in )

16 hours ago, Qatar_Killie said:

This joke of a manager has to go. And take that goalkeeper with you

What a fanny! Are you also posting from Qatar?! Call yourself a fan; having a laugh!! That joke of a manager (quite rightly), after last week, shown a bit of faith in his players. Going by your theory, Burke, power & dicker should go too! We’re allowed to be rotten sometimes! KTID

Abysmal as we were first half the last minute goal and fight shown by the players to get something from that was immense. It was doing my box how we made them look half decent when in fact they're pretty s**te. Glad the manager acknowledged the fact the teams first half performance was not acceptable also the fans for the support. 

great to comeback from 2-0 many thought the game was dead and buried but to come back shows resolve and character so well done to AA and the players.

Defo as others have said crying out for a creative midfielder and a striker.

2 or 3 players away yet I think but hopefully we can do some business in January.