Hibs away, Fred

CB

26 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

The manager deserves massive credit.

I was just calling you on the nonsense about that being the type of game Steve Clarke lost.

It’s not nonsense though is it?

SC had players like mulumbu/stewart/jones who could come up with a bit of magic.

2-0 down at half time with a SERIOUS lack of creativity in the team and without brophy is a great achievement to get a draw.  That’s my opinion. 

Edited by Guff92

I think the gaffer takes huge praise for that yesterday, he could have easily left McKenzie and to an extent El Makrini on the pitch hoping they would find the form from last week which was probably both their best performances in a Killie shirt, Or waited till later in the match, he knew there was issues he changed it and we came away with a point from 2 down looked impossible

Watching the highlights reminded me of a great moment which might even have indirectly contributed to the late goal:

Chris Burke running to get the ball and placing it at the feet of their timewasting keeper - and the look of frustration on his face. He even managed to complain to the referee about Burke doing it.

Top pro.

Edited by NorfolkG

36 minutes ago, The Hunter said:

Folks, do we think Steve Clarke frets about Killie every week? No, he’s moved on, and good luck to him. We now have a very decent manager in his place, that may well build something, rather than use us as a stepping stone. Make no mistake, I loved having Steve Clarke at Killie, but that’s exactly what he did at Killie. His legacy was a brilliant season and 3rd place. We were as good for him as he was for us. Let’s get right behind Allessio and the boys through this period til the break!

Well said

There’s no doubt the Clarke era suited both parties but let’s not be blind to this being a stepping stone for Alessio too (if successful). We are Killie, not Chelsea. 
delighted for him yesterday, saw the deficiencies and took positive action to alter our tactics and personnel. He’s improving some of these players and the style of the team. 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

It’s not nonsense though is it?

SC had players like mulumbu/stewart/jones who could come up with a bit of magic.

2-0 down at half time with a SERIOUS lack of creativity in the team and without brophy is a great achievement to get a draw.  That’s my opinion. 

Totally agree. AA might possibly be a better manager than Clarke.

Clarke always had the extra special someone to change a game in an instant, which is credit to him for recruiting them

Great point for us.  Pre Clarke, we would never have come back in those circumstances against a high flying team. The mentality has changed - within the squad and in the stands - and these recoveries are much more frequent. Yes, we dont want to be those positions but it will happen and it’s great we believe we are always in the game. It’s massive that we kept hibs 3 points behind us. With the respective schedules hopefully we can be 4 th at split. With a few good signings we are well in the European fight but hibs will certainly be our main competition. 

Game of two halfs , Never a better example of that phrase.  Makes me wonder what the strategy was at the start of the game. Normal keep it tight and wait for a chance or two at some point during the game.

At hearts away we were more expansive or better in the counter than yesterday (first half)  you would think the expectations would be the same in both matches.

Although Millar has been a little disappointing , I would always play him in a game were we are expected to counter attack , If anything his pace keeps the opposition defenders on their toe's. He made a big difference yesterday once he came on.

Still shows we have the mentality to come back and not let the heads drop. In games like that it only takes a goal back to change the momentum. Been a few last minute goals in the last couple of seasons.

It’s far too early to compare Alessio with Clarke but the early signs are very strong. It’s fair to say he is working with a considerably weaker squad particularly going forward, had to cope with a chaotic Pre season but is now achieving consistent results and showing a real ability to get the best out of what he has.

the Motherwell and Aberdeen games are blips but the timing of the injuries and suspensions at the back was really unlucky - all 4 centre backs out for Aberdeen and a result would have been a miracle. 

yes there are poor performances at times but that’s got to be expected - and we are getting results from these poor performances too often for it to be luck in my opinion.

that some fans still seem to want him out the door at the slightest provocation is baffling really

Even top teams and star individual players can have bad days , even a number of bad results.....but what is so pleasing and encouraging for us fans is over past few years under 2 Managers how this group of players never give up in games and in a lot of cases get a result late on or when perhaps not playing well

was not so long ago we were used to that feeling when going a goal down that the game was lost ..With one or 3 previous so called Managers looking lost on how to change things or motivate players 

We still have the solid core of players who bought into the SC mantra, improved themselves and have that strong mentality of keeping in games....who in time have responded to the new Manager...but it has also been pleasing how new additions this season like DDF , Niko and El Mak have also quickly got the same kind of approach ....long may it continue 

48 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Game of two halfs , Never a better example of that phrase.  Makes me wonder what the strategy was at the start of the game. Normal keep it tight and wait for a chance or two at some point during the game.

At hearts away we were more expansive or better in the counter than yesterday (first half)  you would think the expectations would be the same in both matches.

Although Millar has been a little disappointing , I would always play him in a game were we are expected to counter attack , If anything his pace keeps the opposition defenders on their toe's. He made a big difference yesterday once he came on.

Still shows we have the mentality to come back and not let the heads drop. In games like that it only takes a goal back to change the momentum. Been a few last minute goals in the last couple of seasons.

Exactly this.

Would rather have Millar on the park in the hope he has that one moment rather than play someone who just hasn’t got that aspect of the game in his locker. 

11 hours ago, fraz65 said:

You could just spend the rest of the season watching periods of games that we've played badly in and then come on here for a moan, regardless of the result. 

Had a chance to watch the whole game now. Braesco kept us in it on a couple of occasions. We looked more threatening as the game went on and full mark's to the boys for sticking at ut right up till the last kick.

We still really need a viable alternative to Brophy.