Hibs away, Fred

CB

8 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Had a chance to watch the whole game now. Braesco kept us in it on a couple of occasions. We looked more threatening as the game went on and full mark's to the boys for sticking at ut right up till the last kick.

We still really need a viable alternative to Brophy.

I don't think we have really saw anything of Jackson or Sow to be honest. Certainly not enough to judge. Sow just looks like a man who hasn't played regular football for a long time and he's probably not going to change that here.

I agree though, not having a comfortable second choice is becoming an issue. In terms of Brophy's contract we either need to extend it soon or you're looking at having to sell him in the next two windows to get decent value. The same can be said for Findlay.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Sow just looks like a man who hasn't played regular football for a long time

That’s because he hadn’t, even before the injury. I will never understand why we are wasting a wage on this player. Panic signing as has been stated before. We really need to step up and make earlier signings at the start of the season rather than settling for dross like Sow.

4 minutes ago, harley said:

That’s because he hadn’t, even before the injury. I will never understand why we are wasting a wage on this player. Panic signing as has been stated before. We really need to step up and make earlier signings at the start of the season rather than settling for dross like Sow.

If he’s a loan signing, we won’t be ‘wasting a wage’ on him, surely? Even if he was a panic signing, he’s a free player. 

33 minutes ago, harley said:

I still think that Simeon Jackson will be decent.

It's a bit unfair to judge Sow on one performance when he has only just come back from injury. 

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

If he’s a loan signing, we won’t be ‘wasting a wage’ on him, surely? Even if he was a panic signing, he’s a free player. 

We will be covering a chunk if not all of his wage from Dundee United. I seriously doubt they would let us have him with no contribution. 

I don’t see either Sow or Jackson as the solution to our attacking issues. They are what they are. We needed strikers and they were what was available at the time. To me it sounded as if they were both signed as backup for Brophy and not to challenge or play alongside him. If the deals are favourable to the club then by all means give them longer to try and impress but we need to find genuine quality to allow us to kick on. 

At the end of the day we dodged a bullet yesterday but it's a sign of our team spirit that we came back from 2 down and with a bit of luck ( burke chance ) we could have sneaked 3 points so its onwards to Wednesday night when hopefully things will be back to normal performance and results wise.

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

I still think that Simeon Jackson will be decent.

It's a bit unfair to judge Sow on one performance when he has only just come back from injury. 

He was as bad before his injury and to reply to Lurker I am pretty sure we will be paying a large chunk of his DU wages. 

11 minutes ago, harley said:

He was as bad before his injury and to reply to Lurker I am pretty sure we will be paying a large chunk of his DU wages. 

I've been wrong so many times on players in the past few seasons that i'm reserving judgement. 

My understanding is that Sow has only started two games for Killie. One before his injury and one since. 

By all accounts, in his previous start he played well but missed a penalty. 

13 hours ago, The Hunter said:

Folks, do we think Steve Clarke frets about Killie every week? No, he’s moved on, and good luck to him. We now have a very decent manager in his place, that may well build something, rather than use us as a stepping stone. Make no mistake, I loved having Steve Clarke at Killie, but that’s exactly what he did at Killie. His legacy was a brilliant season and 3rd place. We were as good for him as he was for us. Let’s get right behind Allessio and the boys through this period til the break!

And after the break ? 

2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I've been wrong so many times on players in the past few seasons that i'm reserving judgement. 

My understanding is that Sow has only started two games for Killie. One before his injury and one since. 

By all accounts, in his previous start he played well but missed a penalty. 

No he didn’t. He was crap, slow, couldn’t jump & couldn’t hold the ball up. Hopefully Fowler can help identify better signings or loans in January. I would get rid of Sow & Jackson.

5 hours ago, harley said:

No he didn’t. He was crap, slow, couldn’t jump & couldn’t hold the ball up. 

Garbage. 

Offered more of a threat than an out of sorts Brophy did at the time. 

His penalty was woeful though 

And he was crap on Saturday until subbed. 

Our renaissance started with Millar coming on for him. 

Edited by stewarty66

3 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Garbage. 

As much as Millar was key, he had done nothing in the past few games that suggested he would be. 

20 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Sow was blowing out his ar$e before half time .Jumps down the way and his 1st touch was woeful .He has hardly played a full game in 2 seasons ,there might be a player in there but I can't see it .Why sign a player who is clearly not up to speed,especially on a 6 month loan 

The club weren't to know he would get injured, and he looked like he could be effective when he played against Ross County, he linked the play up well. A 6 month deal would have given us a good idea if he was going to fit in and we could then extend. Unfortunately with his injury we still aren't at that stage. He was excellent at Hearts and has faltered a bit, however, some players (and managers) are just a good fit for certain clubs. 

He was poor on Saturday but it was his first game back. We have a few games between now and the January break in which the gaffer can decide whether to extend his loan or not.

4 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Garbage. 

Sow made a huge difference against Ross county as Stewarty says. Brophy had been mince for a number of games before hand so the comparison was refreshing at that time. The wolf looks to have turned the corner so is a natural first pick at the moment. The sow of the Ross county game - given some game time as dub to get up to speed - is a different option to brophy and could add something. Whether Ross county or hibs performance is more representative of his ability these days remains to be seen.