We Are Killie podcast

skygod

29 minutes ago, skygod said:

It was noticeable that there was no mention of AA, compared with the lavish praise for SC.  

Do none of the players have a good word to say for him? Or is there an embargo on discussing the current regime, AD aside? 

perhaps its more down to the character and past experience of each Manager and how each sees the role of a Manager ----there has not been the same amount of discussion or public praise from Players --- but it is hard to see from the actual actions on the pitch that the players see any real issues of working with AA or how he gets his message over 

DDF comments after Hibs do point to that 

“The manager was really angry at half-time as we hadn’t played well. It’s strange because Kilmarnock are a humble team and always fight. “We were a bit scared of Hibs’ aggression but the manager charged us up at half- time and it worked.  Angelo is an Italian manager so he is very passionate. “He tries to focus us and instil confidence in us."

Good to see the podcast up and running and adding to the improved communication from the Club

54 minutes ago, skygod said:

It was noticeable that there was no mention of AA, compared with the lavish praise for SC.  

Do none of the players have a good word to say for him? Or is there an embargo on discussing the current regime, AD aside? 

I've noticed this too and it is starting to get odd. 

Marvin Bartley was asked on the Terrace on Friday how quickly players make up their minds about a new manager and he said one or two training sessions is all it takes. Beyond that, he said you can go into a situation where the team is sort of managing itself and can still do pretty well. 

Did make we wonder if there's a bit of that going on - but I think there's too much of an Alessio stamp on the team now to think they aren't listening to him and doing what he says. 

This is a great development by the club. Another step in the right direction.

In terms of AA, as I read it, the players see him as their boss and nothing more. Their commitment can’t be doubted though. And last Saturday was an absolutely terrific performance.

January will be the indicator. In September, a few unhappy backup players left, along with Broadfoot. Going by all the wildfire rumours, I was fearing guys like Power would ask to leave. Nothing came of that in any way whatsoever.

The lack of gushing over AA from players isn't necessarily a bad thing. This year we're moving along steady, nothing miraculous, we're only 3 points off where we were this time last season, only difference from last season is we'd had results against both old filth by now. Clarke was a one off and the regular beating of the twisted sisters led to more media fanfare. The questions were getting posed to the players about clarke time and again. 

I believe that AA is the best thing that could happen to the club in the aftermath of SC going, we were a mess of that there is no doubt, I think AA has created an “old school” type professional set up, if anyone has been “fortunate” to be at a Sportsman’s dinner where players who played under Waddell, Stein, Ferguson or worse, Wallace., player has to chap on their office door to get to speak to MR Whoever, I could see AA experience a lot of this in his playing days, I would expect that he has now shown who is boss and everyone knows their job, we do seem to have a great cameradere within the club, long may it continue,, Angelo, Angelo !!  

I enjoyed the podcast, Dicker came across well but he always does on the radio.

He probably just didn't mention AA because he wasn't asked about him. He was being asked about memorable moments, nearly getting relegated, qualifying for Europe etc. The aim of the podcast didn't seem to be about this season, more about the story of the players career to getting to this point.

Pointless speculating about players not listening to him etc because as we've been witness to pre-season this is how rumours start and before you know if people will be repeating Paul Slane's rumour that Alex Bruce is actually manging the team behind the scenes as having truth to it.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

He probably just didn't mention AA because he wasn't asked about him.

And he was with all the club’s media team so the questions were strictly controlled. 

I don't think too much should be read into it. He said himself that players are restricted in what they can say to the media and perhaps it’s the Italian way that managers don’t like that sort of discussion

There’s no evidence on the pitch to suspect anything’s amiss. 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Paul Slane's rumour that Alex Bruce is actually manging the team behind the scenes as having truth to it.

I wouldn't take anything that comes out of the Open Goal podcast to be 100% truthful.

Its descended into just 3 guys laughing really loudly and shouting over each other. Got to say I don't find "slaney" funny at all.

Really enjoyed the podcast and it can only get better as the guys get used to creating it. Great content by the club

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

rumour that Alex Bruce is actually manging the team behind the scenes as having truth to it.

Oh aye because a guy on a 1 year deal who isny in the team when all the centre backs are fit is likely to be managing the team.

As rumours go this one is a out as accurate as ikechi Anya joining us.

6 hours ago, skygod said:

Good listen. 

When you think what we used to pay for the Clubcall premium phoneline service for a scrap of interview, it’s great to have such a free facility. 

O'Jesus the old club call phoneline got me into trouble with my work. I got pulled in by the Boss and told " our phone bill is through the roof and i knows its you , You have to stop phoning these sex phone lines"  I replied " wit you on about am no phoning sex lines " ....."Wits this number then "  He asked . Sure enough loads calls over weeks to the same number " Ach am trying to find out if Bobby Fleeting has bought Killie yet "   ......" LOL ! Thank god i thought we had a pervert working for us"  .

2 hours ago, GrazyKillie said:

I wouldn't take anything that comes out of the Open Goal podcast to be 100% truthful.

Its descended into just 3 guys laughing really loudly and shouting over each other. Got to say I don't find "slaney" funny at all.

Really enjoyed the podcast and it can only get better as the guys get used to creating it. Great content by the club

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I believe it! 

I'm just using it as an example of how much dung people will believe when they go looking for a negative.

Between performances on the park and the reaction with the fans I'm quite confident the relationship with manager and players is absolutely fine and everyone is quite happy.

5 hours ago, fraggle said:

Anyone know when it will be available on pocketcast? 

Really enjoyed the last few killie podcasts, looking forward to this one too. 

I'm assuming it'll be up and searchable soon enough, but in the meantime you can open the pocketcasts app, go to Discover then enter https://www.spreaker.com/show/4154270/episodes/feed in the search bar and you can add the podcast that way. the same way you add patreon podcasts and the like.

1 hour ago, kevin1869 said:

I'm assuming it'll be up and searchable soon enough, but in the meantime you can open the pocketcasts app, go to Discover then enter https://www.spreaker.com/show/4154270/episodes/feed in the search bar and you can add the podcast that way. the same way you add patreon podcasts and the like.

Legend. Came here for this, Spotify is murder for me so wanted it my podcast app and couldn't find it. 

Sorted for tomorrow now, cheers! 

6 hours ago, skygod said:

And he was with all the club’s media team so the questions were strictly controlled. 

I don't think too much should be read into it. He said himself that players are restricted in what they can say to the media and perhaps it’s the Italian way that managers don’t like that sort of discussion

There’s no evidence on the pitch to suspect anything’s amiss. 

I really don’t know. It is striking the lack of association between the players relative success and the manager, when interviewed. Bruce’s one today was the most strange where he went out of his way to big up Clarke relative to alessio ( it seemed). As said, no evidence in the way players approaching games. Easier to get on with things when not totally behind when things going well. Not so easy if we hit a bad spot. Hoping that as language improving and ability to add another dimension through recruitment, existing plAyers will see and become a bit more vocal about his value.

I wouldnt read anything into him not lavishing praise on AA - he wasnt asked about him!

I thought he came across well. I particularly liked when he talked about his family, wanting his kids to be settled at school and giving credit to his wife for all she does. He sounds like a real family man, and a good example and role model to have as captain. 

I thought for a club-produced podcast he was able to be pretty honest as well - interesting to hear he thought JJ was a total arsehole for the first six months or so.