Line up face St Johnstone

Craigieboy

4 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

If Brophy is fit, I’d expect him in for Sow.

If not, I think he’ll go same again.

Imo they are very fragile and we should go for the jugular run at then and get in behind the full backs.  Their CB's are a disaster, and we need to get right in about them.

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

Imo they are very fragile and we should go for the jugular run at then and get in behind the full backs.  Their CB's are a disaster, and we need to get right in about them.

I agree. The difference in Hearts first half and Hibs was just mentality imo.

The team from Saturday should have more than enough if they set a high tempo.

Good to hear Brophy back training today , Manager has said he may look to “rotate the squad” during the busy spell up to the break ......but think that may relate to the front 3 positions more so.....as in defence and midfield if all fit need to play IMO 

Edited by Scouser2

From what I’ve seen of St Johnstone this season I think Millar is worth a start in this one. They seem to lack pace in the defensive areas. If we start with the tempo we had against Hearts we could do some damage. They also seem to be quite soft at the heart of their defence. The young CBs have been getting a bit of stick so need to put them under pressure

I expect Brophy for Sow only change.

I'd like to see us go a bit more attacking for the next 3 games. It's a bit of a season defining period IMO. I liked that AA brought on Thomas to play off the striker against Hibs. I hope this is in his plans. El Makrini didn't look himself at Easter Rd and now would be a good opportunity to try something slightly different. They're also terrible at the back so pace and power where we have it.

I fully understand if he goes the route of trying to strangle out 9 points though.

This is a bit of a test for us I think. A Saints team that can't defend and has only one clean sheet. Full squad apart from Findlay. Rivals with tricky away fixtures. Would really like us to show progress and win comfortably. Millar and Brophy in for Sow and McKenzie I reckon. 

I always get a wee bit nervous when we are out and out favorites and playing a team that badly needs a win.  But with the right attitude we should win it comfortably.  And yeah...…...for me I'd have Millar starting in this one to run at them and make them nervous from the start...…..