Celebrity Deaths 2020

Lroy

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

Peter Green, musician (Fleetwood Mac) (73). 

Sky News have a pic of FM at the IoW in 2015 - pretty irrelevant as he was long gone from the band (the pic is also in reverse just to add to their amateurism).

However, great blues guitarist, but sadly mentally incapacitated for years after overdoing the acid. Latterly he had happily recovered enough to produce some excellent new music.

On 7/25/2020 at 5:55 PM, skygod said:

I might be wrong but didn't he have underlying mental problems which his LSD use exacerbated?

Either way, he was in a very bad way for many years. 

Not sure whether he had underlying problems. Certainly he was very introverted and apparently didn’t enjoy the intense touring in the 60s. Either way the acid would not have helped... very sad, but at least he wasn’t another 60s drugs statistic, although given what he went through, maybe he was.

18 hours ago, CB said:

Alan Parker (76) Film maker

I remember a South Bank Show about Alan Parker, filmed just as he was about to make The Commitments. He came across as really down to earth and a master of his craft (which he learned in the advertising industry before moving onto feature films). 

Angel Heart is my favourite of his films.