Saints home, Fred

CB

Few comments about st Johnstone playing for the draw and slowing things down, I didn’t see that at all. Every time they had a free kick they moved the ball quickly with a short pass and played it out from the back. we seemed to be content with lumping everything up the park, it was grim viewing.

Absolutely brutal game, we never got started and didn’t look interested from the outset. Passing all over the place, power and Burke hardly found their man which isn’t like them. El makrini was in no mans land most of the game. Our main outball should’ve been millar but found him too few times. Anytime he did get it he was wasteful.

We’re lucky that st Johnstone are so bad that they weren’t going to score either. 

Sow made a wee difference but should’ve been on much earlier. You could see it wasn’t working. 

Madden once again giving us nothing. Not seen the pen shout back but looked it from where I was sitting. Probably would’ve missed it anyway ha

27 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I don't see us getting to Motherwell now. 

Much, much too early for that kind of talk.

Five points behind with 17 matches to play until the split? That's nothing.

They could lose a couple in the January window and we could improve. But we really would need to improve to challenge the clubs above us.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Much, much too early for that kind of talk.

Five points behind with 17 matches to play until the split? That's nothing.

They could lose a couple in the January window and we could improve. But we really would need to improve to challenge the clubs above us.

You're right, that game has just drained the positivity from me. 

Winable home game and we draw. Tricky away tie and they win. I think that pattern might well be repeated a few times and the gap will slowly increase. 

As it stands I see us finishing sixth. Reckon Hibs will get better and have more match winners. 

January is massive. 

Fans can forgive the players and team losing. What they cannot forgive is players not giving 100%. Quite simply we just strolled about first half, no movement, just expecting to win. 

Second half we couldn't get going at all but I believe we tried to. 

St Johnstone are fighting for their lives and unfortunately they put more effort in than we did. Definitely the 3 games in a week syndrome. At least we didn't lose but that was not acceptable. That's been 1 game and 60 mins we have been woeful and disinterested. This is not acceptable. Need a far better attitude and performance on Saturday 

Midfield so far off the pace tonight. That’s St Johnstone, Ross County And Livi all had more pace and movement in midfield at Rugby Park. 

Dicker And Power are very good at stopping teams but today there was no one touch passing. We are crying out for a young box to box midfielder- would love Liam Kelly back. 

Also worrying that there’s a lack of responsibility- who in that team thinks they are going to score the winner for us? 

Frustrating but we are still 5th. Couple of additions and it could be a very good season again. Defence with another clean sheet as well

5 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Baffled by Millar's removal also.

I thought that after a couple of positive breaks he went into a frustrated sulk - was done for the night and the right sub IMO.

Thats said, terrible performance all round from the team and a horrible match.

We didn’t lose though, so could be worse.

3 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Liam Millar is pish. 

Tope Obadeyi done more. 

He'll probably be a decent player in a couple of years. At the moment though, he's not good enough to be starting for Killie. 

I like having him on the bench to change things with his pace against tired full backs. 

6 hours ago, skygod said:

For the amount of game time Thomas gets, it makes you wonder why AA singled him out to sign a contract extension.

Harvey St Clair is also a strange signing.

Angelo knew him from his time at Chelsea, so he must have had a decent idea of his ability, but he has barely featured.

Edited by fraz65

I agree that it was a turgid game - one of the worst I've seen in a long time. I do wonder, however, that at this time of year there are a lot of heavy colds/viruses around which could be a reason for some of the lethargic performances in the last couple of games. I think we all tend to look at substitutions/starting line ups on the basis of performance without knowing all the background eg. has a player had an illness for most of the week/are they having personal issues?  In saying that, even if illness was a contributing factor we still need some creativity in midfield and other options up front.

8 hours ago, Fudger said:

Few comments about st Johnstone playing for the draw and slowing things down, I didn’t see that at all. Every time they had a free kick they moved the ball quickly with a short pass and played it out from the back. we seemed to be content with lumping everything up the park, it was grim viewing.

Agreed, they moved forward far, far quicker than we did, albeit not creating much.

Both could have played all night and not scored.

Brophy was very very poor but continued punted high balls didn't help. Thought Sow held the ball up well when he came on.

Against teams like that Miller is better suited as a second half sub when teams are tiring.