Livi away, Fred.

CB

41 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

It's the cluelessness, the admission that he has not got a f**king clue what went wrong today that does my head in.

Here's my ten pence worth. It was wet and the fall was skidding off the surface really fast.  Livi adapted their game to the conditions but we tried to play possession football that was never going to work in the conditions and did not have a plan B.

I could pick out individuals for special criticism but the inability to change the system was at the heart of it.

Maybe so, I didn’t see the game today. But it was Alessio’s changes that got us the point last week - Millar and Jackson both made a huge difference against Hibs. Bit much to suggest he is clueless.

11 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

What’s that supposed to mean? I’m only pointing out that this time last week there were several people praising Alessio for making changes that helped us come back from 2-0 down, but now he’s suddenly become clueless. Today’s result was a proper weekend ruiner and we definitely need additions in January. Still don’t understand why there needs to be this totally unhinged reaction every time we have a bad result, it’s getting really irritating.

9 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Right but we don’t have the f**king players to do anything different because our board were incompetent during the summer. 

We definitely need to do something about the midfield. I like El Makrini and he’s doing his best, but he’s clearly being asked to play in a role that’s not natural to him. We desperately need to find a No. 10 type player in January if we’re going to progress - could make all the difference to our season.

There have been rumours of player unrest since Alessio got appointed. It could simply be the language barrier causing communication difficulties or the difference in culture but it could also be that the players simply don't rate the manager or his coaching and tactics. If this is the case then the players will not perform to the maximum. Players often get managers sacked by not performing. We have a number of players out of contract next summer and it will be interesting if they sign for other clubs.  All managerial appointments are a risk but if there is players unrest it will filter back to the board. Question at that point is what will the board do about it -back the manager or take action. 

6 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

There have been rumours of player unrest since Alessio got appointed. It could simply be the language barrier causing communication difficulties or the difference in culture but it could also be that the players simply don't rate the manager or his coaching and tactics. If this is the case then the players will not perform to the maximum. Players often get managers sacked by not performing. We have a number of players out of contract next summer and it will be interesting if they sign for other clubs.  All managerial appointments are a risk but if there is players unrest it will filter back to the board. Question at that point is what will the board do about it -back the manager or take action. 

Rumours perpetuated by folk like Gordon Parks!  Language barriers, not liking his methods and not rating him as a manager? It’s like Sportsound bingo. I guess Livingston won because they have a Scottish manager? Or because they have gid Scottish fitba men around?

This type of nonsense makes me think some killie fans are actually more happy moaning than supporting. 

I do actually agree that the board should back the manager in January as it doesn’t take much to see that we are short in attacking options but take action? Sack the manager? Surely backing the manager is taking action?

9 hours ago, gdevoy said:

It's the cluelessness, the admission that he has not got a f**king clue what went wrong today that does my head in.

Here's my ten pence worth. It was wet and the fall was skidding off the surface really fast.  Livi adapted their game to the conditions but we tried to play possession football that was never going to work in the conditions and did not have a plan B.

I could pick out individuals for special criticism but the inability to change the system was at the heart of it.

When an Astro is soaking wet it is great for possession football. It’s not the conditions it’s the fact we need a couple more suited players that are capable of playing that system, particularly up top. All the previous clean sheets haven’t been lucky. 

14 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

We have been poor for weeks, hearts performance aside. 

The tactics are horrendous and I’ve enjoyed one game of football this season. If he was to be sacked tonight I wouldn’t feel even slightly sad. 

If we have been that poor why are we not near bottom of table? Get your head out your a*se

You can't sack a manager who is sitting 5th in the league! Every team has its ups and downs during a season. We don't quite have the right personnel but that was due to having no recruitment setup within the club. We are now making steps to address that. The last three games have been very poor. The issue is we don't have the squad depth to rotate players out of form. AA will have time this week to work on a few things and I'm sure Alex Dyer will help motivate the players again. 

22 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

You can't sack a manager who is sitting 5th in the league! Every team has its ups and downs during a season. We don't quite have the right personnel but that was due to having no recruitment setup within the club. We are now making steps to address that. The last three games have been very poor. The issue is we don't have the squad depth to rotate players out of form. AA will have time this week to work on a few things and I'm sure Alex Dyer will help motivate the players again. 

Kindly shove your rational, reasoned argument up your arse.

This is the internet.

17 hours ago, cdj said:

We killed off the game in 8 mins that day and then, under very little pressure, we looked great...... when teams put the high press on us and at 0-0, we struggle imho and seem to be clueless as how to change things.

We have the ‘best manager in the country’ according to Bowie.  Sticks to the same system week after week and his idea of freshening things up was to drop Burke for McKenzie. Jury is still very much out on AA. He is yet to convince me. 

9 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Right but we don’t have the f**king players to do anything different because our board were incompetent during the summer. 

manager chose to bring in sow and st Clair n Jackson not the board. All 3 wages would be better spent on 1 player of a better standard. Cos those 3 are not any good. Must be a reason a championship team would loan out a player, reason is he isnt good enough for a game with them, so isnt good enough for the championship. Doesnt take a genius to work out he wouldnt be good enough for the spfl

14 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Agree - it gets forgotten that we looked nowhere near scoring in a lot of games under Clarke. Jones/Mulumbu/Stewart doing things a level up got us over the line on quite a few occasions. 

The bulk of the squad is as good as last. I think with back 4 including Findlay it’s maybe even stronger than last. The keeper is no Bachman but as a 5 pretty equivalent. Midfield is strong across the middle and Burke is a class wide man. There are two differences this year. Firstly, We don’t have the X factor players - for me jj and Stewart far more valuable to our current squad than Mulumbu would be. Millar is no jj. And Rory or el mak is no Stewart ( they are clearly no trying to directly replace). If we had these two of the most impactful players we had at killie in the last 40 years we would be with motherwell and Aberdeen right now. The second factor also seems clear. The players in general do not share anything like the same confidence in alessio as they did in Clarke. The contrast in the media comments - and some of the body language - is striking. I’m not judging the rights and wrongs of this. Only people that see the training and the week to week management know what goes on and whether It’s petulant players that don’t enjoy a more sophisticated approach OR whether the manager is out his depth. Either way, the board will doubtless have a sense for this and need to lead over next few weeks. I think Fowler has a key input also. I’d love a couple of marquee signings with everyone pulling behind alessio after the break. Right now, this seems a bit ambitious to me.

2 hours ago, DuncD said:

If we have been that poor why are we not near bottom of table? Get your head out your a*se

Because we picked up results earlier and everyone else beneath us is pish. 

I honestly don’t understand how you can possibly argue with me here. Are you trying to say that the past few weeks have been good? Hearts performance aside before you act a wee smart arse about it. 

For me the Findlay injury and to an extent Del Fabros injury has been a major turning point both directly and indirectly.

it set in motion the serious defensive shortage we suffered against Well and Aberdeen (ironically despite plenty of fans on here going apoplectic about the number of defenders signed in the summer). Even with a makeshift back line and ten men we were reasonably close to at least a draw with Motherwell. Aberdeen we had two centre mids at centre back. The timing of these injuries and suspensions when the results were good and playing out two closest rivals was very unlucky and the heads seem to have gone down a bit since - hearts game aside. Until then although it wasn’t exciting the manager was at least building a very solid base to build from.

i admit the players body language is poor at times, there seem to be a few squabbles about the pitch, but to get rid of a manager when we are sitting in 5th, based on the performance of the team, would take fickleness to new levels. In the recent bad run of results we have come back from 2 goals down twice, I’m not sure that ties in with the players being disillusioned or anything like that.

Perhaps as suggested elsewhere there are one or two trouble makers still in the camp, perhaps we just need a few players to play the system more effectively, but for me the manager has got to be given backing to continue.