Time for Bowie to step up

drmurray

5 hours ago, drmurray said:

This problem has been in front of us since the first SPL game... No options up front, never replaced Stewart or Jones. With no scouting or backroom organisation we just didn't recruit ANY talent in an attacking sense. This is not AA's fault... It's the boards. They need to back him heavily in January. With at least an attacking midfielder and a center forward or we will end up slipping right down the league with Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs miles ahead us.  It's going to be a long Christmas period playing they we are right now.

Bowie has completely rejuvenated the club. Four years ago we were shipping goals under Gary Locke and MJ was still involved in the day to day running. 

We're now on the most secure financial footing we've been on, possibly in decades, have a new football director in place and are on the back of our best ever SPL finish. 

When you refer to Bowie "stepping up", what exactly do you mean?

Edited by fraz65

If anyone has failed to "step up" it's the people of Ayrshire. 

Despite having SSC in charge and finishing third, home attendances barely went beyond five thousand and season ticket sales were disappointing. 

If we had seen a noticeable increase in the latter, player recruitment over the summer would have been easier. 

Just now, fraz65 said:

Despite having SSC in charge and finishing third, home attendances barely went beyond five thousand and season ticket sales were disappointing. 

If we had seen a noticeable increase in the latter, player recruitment over the summer would have been easier. 

Crowd numbers have increased

Just now, fraz65 said:

Absolutely this for me. Can’t have home crowds around 4K and demand the owner steps up. 

24 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Did rory s**t in your soup, or pump your maw?

Jesus man give him a break, he is far from the worst and most certainly isnt the issue at the moment.

That’s a mature response for a grown man. 

So, we’ve to give one player a break but slate others? Wind your neck in. There wasn’t one good performer today but the Rory brigade are quick to jump on the “Millar is s**te and WhAt DoEs BrOpHy Do?” Band wagon. 

1 hour ago, Big sexy said:

Crowd numbers have increased

They are nowhere near the levels of the late '90s though. 

Considering the performance of the team last season, I would have expected a much larger increase. 

If it hasn't happened in the last couple of seasons, it's not going to happen and we'll have to measure our expectations accordingly. 

13 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Considering the performance of the team last season, I would have expected a much larger increase. 

If it hasn't happened in the last couple of seasons, it's not going to happen and we'll have to measure our expectations accordingly. 

Lot of factors for that. Price, other interests, easier for football on tv. We were spending outwith our means in 90s. Etc. Crowd has gone up 2000 or so in a couple years. With an average in the 3000s to almost double is pretty good. 

26 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Doesnt help that ticket prices are so dear

6 hours ago, Burghktid said:

Noone wants to hear this. We’ve made a major blunder too with the manager. We’ve had sprinklings of decent football at best. All of which is because we have the same spine of the team from last season. There is unrest in the background. That said the point is correct. Hardly any shots on goal and one on target. Says it all. Especially if you look at stats from last year.  The new manager was brought in 1 for his experience and 2 because of who he might be able to lure to Killie because of who he is. 

Oh, the unrest rumours. I knew they'd be back after the next defeat. 

12 hours ago, The Killie Trust said:

That'll be because he's injured......

Ok, he may have been injured yesterday but St Clair, like the other two uninspiring forward signings, he has done absolutely nothing and not shown any signs that it will change any time soon. All three have been a waste of time. Better to have signed one half decent striker than the three of them. 

14 hours ago, Guff92 said:

We haven’t been sussed. We’ve played the same all season, luckily 5 different opponents have played very poorly and handed us wins. The squad is abysmal. Sending Kiltie out on loan whilst we sign St Clair ON LOAN makes no sense at all. People settling for average players in attacking positions. Loss of Findlay is huge, we should have had reasonable cover. Bruce isn’t actually that good but he’s been praised whilst others are scrutinised. The board have failed us. It’s AA I feel sorry for. Yet again you get the gobs**tes coming out after a loss saying that there’s unrest in the camp, bore off unless your going to give us actual facts.

Nobody is going to give you "actual facts" as that could lead to loss of job. I don't think it is any secret that there are issues within, but to ask for sources etc, just isn't going to happen.

13 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Bowie has completely rejuvenated the club. Four years ago we were shipping goals under Gary Locke and MJ was still involved in the day to day running. 

We're now on the most secure financial footing we've been on, possibly in decades, have a new football director in place and are on the back of our best ever SPL finish. 

When you refer to Bowie "stepping up", what exactly do you mean?

In stepping up I mean supporting the manager in refreshing the squad in January... Not wholesale changes but potentially 2 additions in the attacking area.

The structure in the club got sorted in November with Fowlers appointment... But the shambles that was going on for a number years when Billy has been in charge. One employee left and we appear to have missed nearly all our signing targets. We lost a lot of attacking options in the last 12 months, with little or no plan to to secure replacements. 

I have heaped praise on here for BB and directly to him face to face. But there were issues that the board owned resolving that have effected us this season. It's never ideal to get players in January... But failings last summer mean we need to give AA some additional options to enable us to score goals... Which has been a problem all season.

13 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Fine by me, only if we can be honest that Rory McKenzie isn’t a very good footballer? Fairs fair.

You are entitled to your opinion, fair and square, but for me your comment is just bollocks at worst and not understanding the game at best!