Pricing

Fudger

Christmas games are on sale now. 29 quid for Ibrox. They can stick that right up themselves. I did have a few people interested in seeing their annual Killie game but £29 is totally unacceptable.

I’ll go to St Mirren. £22 is a lot less like fleecing people.

Edited by NorfolkG

Used to go to every away game but have fairly recently drawn the line due to the cost.

fortunately I could afford it but it’s just not right. The only way they will get the message is if folk stop paying it.

anything over £20 is wrong imo.

FFS £29 at Ibrox!!!

Problem is that once you get out the habit it’s easy to find other things to do on a Saturday.

twentys plenty..

2 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Used to go to every away game but have fairly recently drawn the line due to the cost.

fortunately I could afford it but it’s just not right. The only way they will get the message is if folk stop paying it.

FFS £29 at Ibrox!!!

Problem is that once you get out the habit it’s easy to find other things to do on a Saturday.

twentys plenty..

I’m the same. I enjoy away games but enough is enough. Ibrox, I hardly ever go so I’m not too bothered other than I’m missing a Boxing Day catch up.

Hearts was the more frustrating one to miss but it’s just getting silly.

I saw Knives Out at Vue last week for a fiver. This Rangers game is almost six times that ffs.

2 hours ago, Richaway said:

FFS £29 at Ibrox!!!

twentys plenty..

Take you off the list for St Mirren then Reech?!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Hibs away, the Mrs took my 2 girls Xmas shopping with her Mum to Glasgow, that left me to have a boys day with the wee man.  Considered taking him to the game, hes nearly 4 and been to a couple of games but struggles to last the 90 mins.  When i weighed it up in terms of £, i could take him to the rural life museum in East Kilbride, get him his lunch, a toy from the gift shop, an hour going round the museum, then a tractor ride up to the farm to see the animals and get a tour from the guide, then head home and grab him a happy meal to finish off the day.  All for considerbly less than it would have cost me to travel to the game, pay us in, get something to eat and back down the road.

Quite simply the away day package in Scottish football is not an attractive option for a day out with the kids.  It should be, it should be a chance for the youngsters to catch the bug.  If i wanted to take the 3 kids and the Mrs to an away game as a day out itd be in the hundreds for 90 mins of football. 

The away day is great for a group of mates to get a day out on the bevvy, and i dont mind that myself when i get the chance, so certainly not calling that down.  Where clubs are missing a massive opportunity is, give families a chance to consider it as a day out and not price them out of it.

They might just be turning away the long term fans of the future.

13 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Christmas games are on sale now. 29 quid for Ibrox. They can stick that right up themselves. I did have a few people interested in seeing their annual Killie game but £29 is totally unacceptable.

I’ll go to St Mirren. £22 is a lot less like fleecing people.

I'm working just along the road from Ibrox on Boxing Day and was going to go straight after work, but not for £29! I'll do St. Mirren instead.

Guy I work with is a season ticket holder at Parkhead and last time he was at Ibrox he was £49 for a ticket. f**k that

16 minutes ago, Nigel4 said:

I'm working just along the road from Ibrox on Boxing Day and was going to go straight after work, but not for £29! I'll do St. Mirren instead.

Guy I work with is a season ticket holder at Parkhead and last time he was at Ibrox he was £49 for a ticket. f**k that

It was £52 this season!

Bonkers, that said, I still think we'll sell out Ibrox.

43 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Hibs away, the Mrs took my 2 girls Xmas shopping with her Mum to Glasgow, that left me to have a boys day with the wee man.  Considered taking him to the game, hes nearly 4 and been to a couple of games but struggles to last the 90 mins.  When i weighed it up in terms of £, i could take him to the rural life museum in East Kilbride, get him his lunch, a toy from the gift shop, an hour going round the museum, then a tractor ride up to the farm to see the animals and get a tour from the guide, then head home and grab him a happy meal to finish off the day.  All for considerbly less than it would have cost me to travel to the game, pay us in, get something to eat and back down the road.

Quite simply the away day package in Scottish football is not an attractive option for a day out with the kids.  It should be, it should be a chance for the youngsters to catch the bug.  If i wanted to take the 3 kids and the Mrs to an away game as a day out itd be in the hundreds for 90 mins of football. 

The away day is great for a group of mates to get a day out on the bevvy, and i dont mind that myself when i get the chance, so certainly not calling that down.  Where clubs are missing a massive opportunity is, give families a chance to consider it as a day out and not price them out of it.

They might just be turning away the long term fans of the future.

Totally agree wholeheartedly with you me old mate

4 hours ago, Richaway said:

FFS £29 at Ibrox!!!

twentys plenty..

Yup i am the same....At this time of year i have to choose which away games are possible. Hibs,Livi,Ross C , gers and St Mirren  , all seem to be to close together for me.  was at Hibs and will go to ST Mirren, so its 2 out of 5 and i have around saved £100+ for christmas.

16 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Yup i am the same....At this time of year i have to choose which away games are possible. Hibs,Livi,Ross C , gers and St Mirren  , all seem to be to close together for me.  was at Hibs and will go to ST Mirren, so its 2 out of 5 and i have around saved £100+ for christmas.

Same for me. Got 60 quids worth of Xmas stuff in the shop instead.

19 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

As someone who will benefit soon from over 65 and benefits from over 60 stuff, I think it’s one of the great injustices of the current times. I know more well off pensioners than I know families. We are actually charging people more when they have all the commitments of rents, mortgages, kids etc and letting people in far cheaper who have no commitments and often have perfectly good incomes. These are the fans of the future. No way, could I have afforded these prices when I was younger with three kids. 

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

As someone who will benefit soon from over 65 and benefits from over 60 stuff, I think it’s one of the great injustices of the current times. I know more well off pensioners than I know families. We are actually charging people more when they have all the commitments of rents, mortgages, kids etc and letting people in far cheaper who have no commitments and often have perfectly good incomes. These are the fans of the future. No way, could I have afforded these prices when I was younger with three kids. 

right wheres the catch :18: i find this reasonable and balance, this isnt the natural order

47 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I agree with that.

I understand some things being cheaper for elderly as universal approach is cheaper than means tested (bus passes etc) but I don't get why it should be so much cheaper for a hobby.

The next 3 away games will cost the average fan £76 (plus transport costs etc) but will be a hell of a lot cheaper for somebody newly retired, no mortgage left to pay, no work travel etc and a nice pension.

That said, there are plenty of pensioners who could never justify £76 for 3 away games.

£126 in December in entry alone for our 5 away games is hard on the pocket, if prices keeping going up at this rate, then i'll be picking and choosing away games as it's very hard to justify going every week, whereas 10-15 years ago it wasn't anywhere near as bad. I've tickets in the house from Ibrox which are £7.50 for an adult from 1993 and now it's £29. That's not inflation.