Section 30 order

Gallus

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

I’d love to see BoJo sending his government lawyers, to the Supreme Court to argue that Scotland lost its nation status and thus its right to self determination by voluntarily entering into a Union with England. Because the implication of that is England no longer exists either. That’s gonna be a hard sell to the bigots and xenophobes that make up his core support. 

I SAW the eton dickhead victory speech in the former labour heartlands where the gullable treated him like a hero wait till he shafts them absolute cretin of a man they desrve all they get

They had some Tory MSP on this morning explaining why, regardless of the SNP virtually owning Scotland, there was no justification whatever for BoJo agreeing to a section 30 order.

The argument went something like this:

We are about to move into a period of some uncertainty leaving the EU. How can people be in an informed  position to decide if the want to stay within the UK, outside the EU, until they have a lived experience of that state. It is being sold to the people by the SNP as "really bad" for political reasons without foundation.

The Reporter then said but your government own analysis predicts it will be really bad. A  but that was a worst case she retorted and it will never be like that, it could be really good.

She was not selling it to me. Basically, best estimate, if there is any benefit to the UK being outside the EU, and I really don't buy it, it will be 10 years before anything starts to happen, probably nearer 20. So basically she is saying there is no justification for an independence referendum in my lifetime.        

22 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

They had some Tory MSP on this morning explaining why, regardless of the SNP virtually owning Scotland, there was no justification whatever for BoJo agreeing to a section 30 order.

The argument went something like this:

We are about to move into a period of some uncertainty leaving the EU. How can people be in an informed  position to decide if the want to stay within the UK, outside the EU, until they have a lived experience of that state. It is being sold to the people by the SNP as "really bad" for political reasons without foundation.

The Reporter then said but your government own analysis predicts it will be really bad. A  but that was a worst case she retorted and it will never be like that, it could be really good.

She was not selling it to me. Basically, best estimate, if there is any benefit to the UK being outside the EU, and I really don't buy it, it will be 10 years before anything starts to happen, probably nearer 20. So basically she is saying there is no justification for an independence referendum in my lifetime.        

It seems to me that if we follow her argument to it’s logical conclusion, Brexit should either be cancelled or a referendum on the final deal held, because how can people make an informed decision on staying in the Eu without knowing what the outcome of negotiations is known. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

It seems to me that if we follow her argument to it’s logical conclusion, Brexit should either be cancelled or a referendum on the final deal held, because how can people make an informed decision on staying in the Eu without knowing what the outcome of negotiations is known. 

Yeah the Tory mantr seems to be, the "voice of the people "must be respected........ unless it's the voice of the Scottish people.

Gove: 

"A number of Scottish National Party candidates scarcely mentioned independence," Mr Gove told Sky News' Sophy Ridge on Sunday today.

The Aberdeen born minister added that the Nationalists had used "other arguments" in the campaign.

"We had a referendum on whether or not Scotland should be separate from the United Kingdom in 2014," said Mr Gove, who currently serves as Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.

"We were told that that referendum would settle the question of Scottish independence for a generation

"In this general election we have just seen what happens when politicians try to overturn a referendum result. In the same way, we should respect the referendum result of 2014.

"Scotland is stronger in the United Kingdom. you can be proudly Scottish and proudly British together. The best of this country - the National Health Service , the BBC. These are British institutions and therefore we should be proud of what we've achieved together and confident that the United Kingdom is a strong partnership that works in the interests of all.

He added; "We were told in 2014 that that would be a choice for a generation, we're not going to have an independence referendum in Scotland."

Better Together apparently. 

23 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

"Scotland is stronger in the United Kingdom. you can be proudly Scottish and proudly British together.

But not European apparently.

24 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

"Scotland is stronger in the United Kingdom. you can be proudly Scottish and proudly British together. The best of this country - the National Health Service , the BBC. These are British institutions and therefore we should be proud of what we've achieved together and confident that the United Kingdom is a strong partnership that works in the interests of all.

The BBC? Their "political editor is basically a mouthpiece for the Tory party and their abject failure to hold the Eton Cretin to account by highlighting his crapping it over Andre Neil was hardly their finest hour. 

27 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

He added; "We were told in 2014 that that would be a choice for a generation, we're not going to have an independence referendum in Scotland."

Aye right!

1 hour ago, Prahakillie said:

Gove: 

"A number of Scottish National Party candidates scarcely mentioned independence," Mr Gove told Sky News' Sophy Ridge on Sunday today.

The Aberdeen born minister added that the Nationalists had used "other arguments" in the campaign.

The Tory argument was all stop.indy ref 2 and was soundly and comprehensively told to f**k off by the electorate.

"We had a referendum on whether or not Scotland should be separate from the United Kingdom in 2014," said Mr Gove, who currently serves as Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.

"We were told that that referendum would settle the question of Scottish independence for a generation

No we weren't this is total unionist spin horses**t of the funniest smallest kind.

"In this general election we have just seen what happens when politicians try to overturn a referendum result. In the same way, we should respect the referendum result of 2014.

We did you c**ts didn't and decided the vow meant EVEL, instead of a FEDERAL UK, and brexit instead of in the EU.

"Scotland is stronger in the United Kingdom. you can be proudly Scottish and proudly british together.

Sorry hut this last bit is just horses**tx when being the latter means ignoring and abusing the former in equal quantities.

Give is the worst kind of house jock imaginable,  a Tory to boot.

Two words gove and the second one is Off.