RossCo away, Fred

CB

6 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

Nothing like a defeat to get us all arguing. I think we are all basically in agreement as to what went wrong in the summer. Hopefully the Fow (No pressure eh?) will help put us in a better position at the end of January.

Unfortunately we aren’t all in agreement that this is NOT the managers fault. 

There is zero unity in our fan base. Everything SC stood for is now gone. How about we stand by this man like we did with him? There is zero evidence that he isn’t as good as manager as him. If he had the same players I have no qualms that we would be top 4 just now. If not better. 

I’ve stood by him since day one and will continue to do so until such day he has been given the sufficient budget and time to prove himself. If he fails after all that, then fine. Criticise him.

Results recently have been poor and yet we are still 5th in the league but we definitely need to bring in a couple of strikers and a playmaker in the midfield. This January window is vitally important for Killie. I'm quietly confident that we will turn things around. Hopefully with the right players coming in we can consolidate a top six finish.

28 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I think I'm in the same place as you - but then I think what exaclty can he change? We don't have enough centre backs to go three at the back. Two up front sounds good but the options are rotten. We did what is have gone for today and swapped El Mek for an attacker and we've lost... 

All comes down to signings I think. But I expect us to lose against Motherwell and Rangers and that game in Paisley won't be easy. That run, plus anything going on behind the scenes, would be a bad mix. 

I think he’s changed his mentality again. He had an idea initially which didn’t work and we went back to the more organised system we were accustomed to. In recent weeks possibly due to injuries or something else we’ve opened up a bit more. The likes of today he brought on Thomas for Millar. It wasn’t too long ago that would have been a defensive minded player and he’d have taken his point. Perhaps a bit of walking before you can run. Or succumbing to pressure of people saying we should be beating the teams in the bottom six when our success against them in the last two years has been based as much on hard work as it has good football.

We've been poor since losing Stewart at xmas and struggled for goals while SC was in charge.

We've got 4 central mids ... similar types of players. AP, GD, IW, MeM

We've got 4 wide players who are similar .. RM, LM, DT, HSC

3 forwards... 2 of whom are similar. EB, SJ ... and the other is much good.

How do we change things with that?

Time to cut the dead wood and with Lee Clark style brutality. He wasn’t a great manager for us but in his first proper summer he cut players we had convinced ourselves could do a job if managed right. Big calls but probably the right ones. The problem was his policy after that. Only O'Hara I believe is still playing at the same level as us. Sow, Jackson, St Clair can go for me. Even the likes of Thomas and Wilson are not making an impact. It’s not about not getting a chance anymore it’s about why they can’t force others out of a stuttering attack. 

Very difficult for a foreign manager to come in, without any real knowledge of the club or league and sign players before the seasons started without assessing them in competitive action.

Angelo now has had time to see who he can trust and who should be moved on, therefore he should be afforded time in Janaury to bring in some targets.

The issue the board have is do they back him or essentially cut their losses. I'd be amazed if we didn't have performance related clauses in his contract... but for me, they need to back him and allow him to change the team if required.

As a side issue for those saying it's practically the same team, or we have only lost two or three players, you're wrong.

Bachman, Taylor, Mulumbu, Jones, Stewart would be a loss for every side out with the top two clubs, and that's not including losing our best player through injury which coincided with our slump in form.

My concern with AA is simply that his message is not ready to be heard by low level Scottish players. Shape is fine at a top club where Chelsea and Juventus are used to methodology at a much higher level from the "Kirk Broadfoot must be fitter" message. The appointment was always a gamble and the players are badly letting him down, Dyer down and the fans who travel in numbers down.

Edited by Bullitt

47 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Our problem is illustrated by a look at today's striking options.

We had Brophy with Jackson remaining unused on the bench. Our opponents start with Graham and Stewart and bring on Erwin and McKay.

That’s our big problem and it’s been obvious since July. We should never have gone into the season without improving our striking options. The signings we made late in the day in those areas are nowhere near good enough. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

That’s our big problem and it’s been obvious since July. We should never have gone into the season without improving our striking options. The signings we made late in the day in those areas are nowhere near good enough. 

I think it’s been obvious since January.

I think we’ve got to give him the transfer window. The squad is undoubtedly poorer than the one we finished with last season. Key players may make all the difference as good players make good managers. However, it’s not going to be easy. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen have got sizeable wage bills and aren’t exactly cutting the mustard. It may be that Alessio simply cannot motivate the players at our level. We will have to wait and see. I wish him well, as he seems a genuine guy.