RossCo away, Fred

CB

23 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Can we stop this "unrest, players not happy" pish?

It's helping no one.

There were no rumblings when Clarke was Manager.

Unfortunately in most cases there is no smoke without fire.

Let’s see how things pan out in the next couple of months.

I want Alessio to succeed but to do so the players have to be fully behind him. 

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

1 win in 8 is relegation form especially when we are playing against team below us .Remember Yogi Hugh's managed to get Hibs relegated by going on such a run .Our only win came against probably the worst team in the league and our football has been horrible to watch .That along with uninspired signings and rumours of unrest among the players will only lead to the inevitable.The finger must be on the trigger and it must be getting itchie 

I'm no happy clapper - and the St Johnstone game had me worried - but that run does need some context - 

Motherwell are in form and we played near on the whole away game with ten men 

Pittodrie with two midfielders at centre back 

Accies scored two ludicrous goals, we had the character to fight back and should have won

Hibs we fought back from two nil down against a team flying high with the new manager bounce 

Those, and by the sounds of things today, see not the performances of no hopers or a Gary Locke situation. 

Its a bad run. Which I agree could become a proper slide - but the 1 in 8 doesn't tell the whole story. 

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

There were no rumblings when Clarke was Manager.

Unfortunately in most cases there is no smoke without fire.

Let’s see how things pan out in the next couple of months.

I want Alessio to succeed but to do so the players have to be fully behind him. 

Its obvious there is some thing going on behind the scenes

I don’t get all this “we have no budget to buy players” stuff. We set a budget at start of season. We sold a player ( which would not have been budgeted). We must have some of this money which is not allocated to other projects. It was an unanticipated up side. If we were free flowing and banging the goals in, we could keep the cash for other purposes. We are not. We have the basis of a good team but are dire up front. We need some immediate Activity in jan. That should not exclude the possibility of paying out some fee for a good prospect. It’s crazy to talk About sacking the manager. But Bowie did say that he believed we could mount a league challenge ( I think that was the just of it?). He did say we have the best manager in the league. If he really believes any of this, we need to translate this into transfer activity. If he regrets these comments, call it for what it was, unfortunate over exuberance, and settle for returning to a bottom six club. It’s been a hard watch recently but I’ll retain a little bit of optimism till the end of the transfer window at least.

At the start of this year we beat Huns 2-1.

Then....

We went on a run where we collected 2 points out of 18.

It took a late Liam Millar goal at Paisley to get us back to winning ways. 

That was under Steve Clarke and the players he had at his disposal. Mulumbu, Taylor, Bachmann and a fit Stuart Findlay. 

Someone mentioned John Hughes and Hibs, I'm thinking more Terry Butcher Hibs and how they went into freefall and got relegated. So we have to be careful. 

Now I'm disappointed with the way things have gone as anyone recently but perspective from the fans and the chance of a January transfer window for the manager is the least we can give him, the team, Fow and the board. 

We're 5th and Clarke was always going to be a hard act to follow. If we finish there at the end of the season I'll be delighted. 

12 hours ago, curlyc1982 said:

We may not be as under budget as we might believe. 3rd place last year will have kicked in performance related payment improvements for some of the existing players. I’m obviously keen for new players to come in - by god we need them, however, i doubt its going to be the kind of extravaganza some are hoping for. I could of course be wrong. 

Those bonuses would be paid on last year's budget.

We lost most of our highest earners since then and the players coming can't be close to earning what we were spending last year hence why without an increase in budget we should have money to spend so with said increase in budget we should have plenty to spend.

It's how we spend any money available .No more pointless loan signings like Sow and St Clair or panic ones like Jackson .None of these players were better than what we already had .The January window will make or break AA that's if he is still the manager.We have brought in a general manager supposably to identify potential signings but I thought the manager was supposed to have extensive contacts ? 

I've seen a few folk say things aren't that different than under Clarke. They really, really are. Yes - SC was also a defensive minded coach and yes - we weren't sparkling every week under his management. But we always had a threat going forward too. Stewart, Boyd, Erwin, Mulumbu, Jones, McAleny all gave us that at various times to varying success. I'd argue that none of them have been replaced adequately. That's not AA's fault and that's why he should be given at least January and the summer to get his own players in. Sadly, I fear it will mark the end of the road for this team we've all loved. SOD, Power, Dicker, Brophy and a few more could all be gone I think. They are not AA's players and moreover they aren't playing to their potential. Although  Clarke didn't sign them either he got them to a level maybe they didn't even know they had. Unfortunately for them that's the level they are judged on now. 

It's also daft to suggest everything is rosy behind the scenes. Everyone of us hears things about the players being unhappy. The media output from them reflects that. Again contrast that with the previous regime. At our level that does matter. Our boys aren't technically gifted enough to just win any game. Togetherness and organisation and belief in the system is huge. I get the impression the squad is close and that's still showing with good responses in adversity vs Hibs, Hamilton and up at Motherwell. But it isn't what it was. 

I think to really move forward we will need to stall or even move back a bit. AA needs his own players - guys who really buy into him. Until then it's hard to judge. 

14 hours ago, curlyc1982 said:

Jesus wept. We’re on a horrible run and nobody enjoying it, but people really need to get a grip. 

there’s a few recurrent themes/opinions which are particularly unhelpful/misguided: 

1) “Alessio out” - We’re not going to sack a high profile manager 6 months into a 3 year contract while sitting 5th in the league. He’s here for a while yet so get behind him and the players - there is no other option. All the whining is getting us nowhere. 

2) “Working on shape is too hard” - I’m sorry but if learning where you should be on a football pitch in relation to the particular phase of play is deemed beyond the wit of people whose actual day job is to play football, then I worry about whether we should be trusting them with such complex tasks as crossing the road and doing the weekly shop. The manager can’t improve the players inherent skill/ability - Shape is *exactly* what we can and should work. 

3) “spend some cash Bowie” - we have a budget and it’s not going to be broken. We splashed the cash late 90s/early 00s and for a brief while it was magic, however, we’ve been paying for it ever since. Bowie and the board are running the club in the only way it can be run to ensure it has a future.

Rant over, let’s get behind the team. 

1). We lost our high profile manager at the end of last season. We replaced him with a unknown/no previous experience manager. 

2)  Maybe would be better to work on shooting and passing as we cant score and struggle to pass the ball 10yards to each other.

3)problem isnt the wage budget it's the players the manager has brought in are not good enough. Which players have improved our first team which he has brought in. None in my opinion.  Loaning s**te off Dundee utd was the final straw for me.