RossCo away, Fred

CB

6 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Perhaps a wee watch of both Connahs Quays games will put you right, SC got the best of what Kirk had to give, he was done before July was out .

Agree SC got the best from Kirk as SC got the best from almost every Killie player.

But to say he was done based on (2 games) v (2 and a bit years) is nonsense. 

He was a very good performer for Killie in his time. He had the occasional erratic moment but over the piece very good. I wish we still had him at RP. The sad thing is he probably wanted to stay here but obviously felt the AA appointment wasn't going to be a good thing. Whether that was just for him or in general then Kirk will know himself. 

I can only look from the outside in but my gut feeling is he felt the AA appointment wasn't going to be good in general. 

Has anyone thought that until the last few games we've been succeeding despite and not because of the manager with the senior players sorting most issues out and the manager getting the credit from the fans. As I've said if the senior players who have all played for numerous managers don't like or rate the manager then we've got major issues. Like everything there is no smoke without fire and it will all come out in the end. iI could be an interesting January if a number of players can secure other clubs. 

5 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Has anyone thought that until the last few games we've been succeeding despite and not because of the manager with the senior players sorting most issues out and the manager getting the credit from the fans. As I've said if the senior players who have all played for numerous managers don't like or rate the manager then we've got major issues. Like everything there is no smoke without fire and it will all come out in the end. iI could be an interesting January if a number of players can secure other clubs. 

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest the senior players are sorting issues out. If issues even exist.

And if they are, they didn’t do it very well against Livingston.

The suggestion that we were succeeding because of the players until recently and now we are failing because of the manager is hard to comprehend.

9 hours ago, chubbs said:

Quick question ..... 

Who was to blame when we went 8 games without a win last season?

The transfer window and the machinations that went on removing Stewart. And it wasn't 8 games. We wobbled, were still competitive and the Killie performances then, and general feeling is not comparable to what we're seeing and feeling now. I didn't think then that we'd continue in the wobble and was confident in the manager addressing and going someway to fixing it.

Just now (from the start actually) I'm not confident and don't get a good feeling about going forward. 

8 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Including a 1-1 draw with Sevco ,a draw with the sheep and losing a last minute goal to Septic.Compare that to getting beat 3-0 by Livvy ,draw with 10 man Hamilton and beat by Ross county.Plus wee played the infirm twice in the league in that run and wee had just lost our most influential player 

And this season we have lost Bachmann, Taylor, Broadfoot, Mulumbu, Jones and Boyd from the team who played in that run. As well as other squad players like McAleny and Tshibola.

We have had a tricky start to the season but the manager has had some real obstacles to contend with.

SC only had to replace one player - and he brought in Youssouf Mulumbu.

Edited by NorfolkG

19 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

The transfer window and the machinations that went on removing Stewart. And it wasn't 8 games. We wobbled, were still competitive and the Killie performances then, and general feeling is not comparable to what we're seeing and feeling now. I didn't think then that we'd continue in the wobble and was confident in the manager addressing and going someway to fixing it.

Just now (from the start actually) I'm not confident and don't get a good feeling about going forward. 

The comments being made on here at the time of the January transfer window and after the Livingston game are comparable.

The excessive reaction to our current run will be in part because Angelo Alessio does not have the prior success SC did. It’s understandable that people are comparing the two situations but let’s not kid ourselves people weren’t flapping about on here this time last year.

3 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Just seen the highlights. 

It had looked quite even on chances until the end when it looked a bit of a battering. Couple good saves from Branescu. Johnson has to score that header. Wtf is Del Fabro doing putting that back into the danger area?

Couldn't believe that. Have to be more aware of who's around you or be getting a shout from the GK to leave it.

There’s been loads of moans and some nonsense about where we are now compared to last season/summer after this run of poor form and results. We also had spells in last two years when things weren’t looking great for a short while. The one area that I think has changed which isn’t personnel related (as it’s obvious where we are lacking in squad depth) is the intensity and hard graft that was evident last season.
To a man we generally matched or out worked our opponents and that had the knock on effect of giving us a little more time and space to create as well as built the belief and work ethic that we could always get a result. I don’t think we have the same level of determination or just hard headed belief in each other this season that we can/will run further, tackle harder, jump higher than whoever we are playing which showed up in the Livi & St J games. 
It’s maybe not the crux of where we are right now, but as a result of not having the same match winners and individual quality of last season it’s more glaringly obvious to me that we don’t seem to have that extra 5% of stubborn effort that made us an almost immovable force in the past.