RossCo away, Fred

CB

3 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Including a 1-1 draw with Sevco ,a draw with the sheep and losing a last minute goal to Septic.Compare that to getting beat 3-0 by Livvy ,draw with 10 man Hamilton and beat by Ross county.Plus wee played the infirm twice in the league in that run and wee had just lost our most influential player 

I see that and raise you playing at Pittodrie with literally no centre backs and Fir Park with ten men, not having our best defender... But these are absolutely fair points. 

What that run does show is the importance of getting goals. The win that ended that slump was a completely undeserved win in Paisley, but from which we kicked on. Its fine margins. 

Edited by mitch14

On 12/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, curlyc1982 said:

Ooft you're on a roll. Again, I’m sure nobody is nuts about the number of players out of contract in the summer but........

What’s the managers nationality got to do with his ability to build a team?! Are you Gordon Parks and the Sportsound panel rolled into one?! 

Fowler and the manager will both identify targets - this is a good combination given JFs knowledge of Scotland and the English lower leagues and AAs links in Italy (I’ll take another few DDFs thanks). We also have new club secretary with lots of experience to work on the technical/bureaucratic side of the transfers. Plus Donati and Dyer both have relevant UK football links/experience. 

In addition, beyond maybe O’Donnell and Brophy, I can’t see teams queuing up to sign many of our guys on PCAs. If any of them do sign PCAs - we have no option but to keep them on til end of contract as our squad is bare. Of course, some will take their chances and go in the summer - good luck to them.

The appointment of JF should help avoid the sheer number of out of contracts happening simultaneously again.

On a roll. Not bad for a no mark!!

13 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

The comments being made on here at the time of the January transfer window and after the Livingston game are comparable.

The excessive reaction to our current run will be in part because Angelo Alessio does not have the prior success SC did. It’s understandable that people are comparing the two situations but let’s not kid ourselves people weren’t flapping about on here this time last year.

Not sure I understand what you're getting at. It's all academic now as the board have acted on their mistake. A mistake I think they knew they'd made pretty early on. 

6 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Not sure I understand what you're getting at. It's all academic now as the board have acted on their mistake. A mistake I think they knew they'd made pretty early on. 

People were moaning about results on here in January 2019. And again in December 2019.

What SC had was a bank of goodwill. AA did not have that luxury.

5 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

People were moaning about results on here in January 2019. And again in December 2019.

What SC had was a bank of goodwill. AA did not have that luxury.

Understand.

SC earned that 'goodwill'. Not just with results but with they way he conducted himself and things he said. He looked very comfortable in his position.

AA struggled with all aspects. He did have goodwill though. Plenty on here had his back when criticism and doubters were around. Fans were chanting his name at games. People IMO seemed to want him to succeed, myself included. I just didn't see this going well, right from day one. I give him credit, he lasted longer than I thought. I didn't think he'd see October out. 

I can only look from the outside in, but when I watched his first interview (still haven't watched it in its entirety) my reaction was: how is this guy going to communicate effectively and inspire?

I feel for the guy because he seems like a good guy who did his best. But no-doubt it's the correct decision from the board IMO. Whoever thought it was a good idea to give him the job should be banned from having ideas. 

10 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Understand.

SC earned that 'goodwill'. Not just with results but with they way he conducted himself and things he said. He looked very comfortable in his position.

AA struggled with all aspects. He did have goodwill though. Plenty on here had his back when criticism and doubters were around. Fans were chanting his name at games. People IMO seemed to want him to succeed, myself included. I just didn't see this going well, right from day one. I give him credit, he lasted longer than I thought. I didn't think he'd see October out. 

I can only look from the outside in, but when I watched his first interview (still haven't watched it in its entirety) my reaction was: how is this guy going to communicate effectively and inspire?

I feel for the guy because he seems like a good guy who did his best. But no-doubt it's the correct decision from the board IMO. Whoever thought it was a good idea to give him the job should be banned from having ideas. 

I don’t disagree with any of that.

• Lroy locked this topic