Alessio sacked

KillieDIV

8 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

I wonder if this is due to us having so many players out of contract at the end of the season, and them potentially refusing to renew if Alessio was in charge. Maybe the thinking is we can get a few of them signed before they can sign pre contracts in January. 

If it isn't that then f**k knows. We're sitting 5th ffs. 

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. This is obviously player power. It’s a dangerous road to go down, but I had a feeling this is how it would end up.

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

sad state of affairs all round feel sorry for AA --but if it was not working and issues not getting addressed as promised ----at least the Club have taken action

Bizarre though that he was trotted out at the Trust meeting only days ago --- to meet fans

The fact he went to that I think is a mark of the man, irrespective of how the job worked out for him.

also could be a very expensive decision too ----wonder how much the pay off will be for both AA and Donatti 

the club or is it BB must have come to decision the issues were going on and any cost will just have to be taken on board for the long term success --hope the decision is proved correct 

Edited by Scouser2

Quite sad about this news really.

Guy came in with a really good CV and inherited a squad which was VERY thin.

The Connah's Quay Nomads game was a disaster, and recent form has been poor, but I think we've seen some good things in what has been a difficult season.

Given he's got no experience of Scottish football and a squad without much depth I thought he was right to make us hard to beat first and foremost, and at times we've seen some nice football just hampered by a lack of creativity.

If it's true that the players have thrown their toys out of the pram it's very disappointing - I'd think you'd want to buy into a guy who's worked with Hazard, Kante, Pirlo etc.

Presumably as Head of Football Operations it's now James Fowler who has the big say in picking the new man? Huge test for someone who's just in the door.

So what exactly is this "discontent" behind the scenes? Plenty like to claim to be in the know but not seen any substance to these claims. What were the issues between players and management? training? Style of play?

That aside cant help but feel disappointed by this. The board bowing to player power isn't a good look and so much for our team of honest pro's who have quite clearly downed tools. All the best Angelo

Edited by RyanM1869

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

Get rid of at least half a dozen of those *first team players* in January! Should hang their heads for this decision!!

To be fair, we don’t know what training is like.

I though AA came across as a nice, decent guy. But his training might have been a chore. It’s these guys’ working lives and they are entitled to a certain level of job satisfaction.

That said, the conduct of some has been unprofessional.

Ah great, another transfer window of uncertainty and discontent. Really wanted it to work for AA, and to a certain extent it was. We’ve not won for ages and still comfy in the top 6.

Few of our ‘better’ players best get their act together too, unrest in the dressing room or not they’ve been utterly horrendous the past few weeks and have let down a thoroughly decent guy a week before Christmas, as well as the club down.

Unless there is something unexpected involved, this reflects poorly on the board, I think.

I didn't think he was the right appointment - how much have we been paying Donatti to act as translator? - but, having appointed him, he was due longer. Until the last month results have been more than acceptable.

The manager is the most important appointment in the club and I think they botched it, either in their choice or in the time it took. The club was a shambles over the summer, it's a wonder the team turned up in Rhyl on time. Too much farting around designing fancy lounges for my liking.

Don't get me started on their botched "celebration" of the 150th anniversary either!

A big response needed from the players now. If they were or werent directly involved in the sacking - their performances have ultimately lead us here. 

Have confidence in Dyer, his reaction and relationship should stand us in good stead. Agree that no players are bigger than the club and that message needs to be clear.