Alessio sacked

KillieDIV

30 minutes ago, marty0501 said:

look at Gary holts record at livi, its not good reading, id go for Neil Warnock, knows the English leagues and lots of contacts

Not sure how you quantify “good” for a small club like Livi in the Premier League. To me anybody that can have them sitting comfortably away from the relegation zone two years in a row is doing a pretty good job, even if the football isn’t great to watch.

3 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

I'm thinking that there was perhaps a 6 month break clause in the contract. Perhaps BB decided after CQN that AA would be gone so didn't back him with players / funds.

Spot on from what I understand. It was touch and go whether he survived the August window.

Look out for Dyer / Boyd combo

If the players have downed tools then it's unforgivable, something big must've happened since the Hearts game. We were ruthless in that game, everything clicked. Doesn't make sense to chuck the guy after 2/3 poor results in a row. 

I wasn't overly enamoured with Allesio's appointment to begin with, mostly due to the language barrier. The nomads result has left a sour taste in most peoples mouths as it should but the guy visibly improved his english, was a likeable guy and I was desperate for him to do well. We had 8 clean sheets in the league so far.  

We are toothless atm in front of goal but how much is the lack of options down to him and how much down to the board?!

All the best Angelo, we move on.

Really disappointed in what’s happened and feel like the board have major questions to answer. We were in our strongest position in years in the summer, with a real chance to kick on but have made a complete arse of it. Bitterly disappointed in this group of players - it feels like they never gave the guy a chance. Really thought they had more about them than that.

11 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

So we are not 3rd. Sack him! 

I've a feeling we'll go through a few managers with this new benchmark. 

Are you trying to be funny?  This is exactly the opposite of what I'm saying - I'm saying that you CAN'T objectively use a league position as an absolute measure of success.  You CAN'T....it even says so in the bit you've quoted that you've supposed to have read?...

7 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

You already have, unless they told you that you could post under condition of anonymity, in which case you're fine, and they're a coward.

Nonsense. I’ve never revealed a source or named a name. Many fans might actually want to know this information as it might help us to understand what’s been going on. 

Appointing a new manager is always a gamble. It's an even bigger gamble when the board members who conducted the process were not remotely qualified to do so. I hoped it would work out well given AA's credentials. However they were coaching credentials in the main. Even given the current form and trajectory I can't believe his sacking is to do with football reasons. I'm guessing the management side is missing from his character and that it's pretty shambolic behind the scenes in terms of organisation, communication and the actual management of a football club. Sadly his English would be holding him back in this regard as well.

At least hopefully with the Fowler appointment things on the football side will be put into a better state and there is now someone on board who has the skills that will be useful in the process of appointing the next manager.

Still a big no to any of the usual Scottish football suspects. 

1 minute ago, CYRILLRIP said:

Appointing a new manager is always a gamble. It's an even bigger gamble when the board members who conducted the process were not remotely qualified to do so. I hoped it would work out well given AA's credentials. However they were coaching credentials in the main. Even given the current form and trajectory I can't believe his sacking is to do with football reasons. I'm guessing the management side is missing from his character and that it's pretty shambolic behind the scenes in terms of organisation, communication and the actual management of a football club. Sadly his English would be holding him back in this regard as well.

At least hopefully with the Fowler appointment things on the football side will be put into a better state and there is now someone on board who has the skills that will be useful in the process of appointing the next manager.

Still a big no to any of the usual Scottish football suspects. 

The same people who appointed Angelo appointed Fowler so by your logic I wouldn't put all your eggs in that basket

1 minute ago, Ktid1869 said:

I find the timing really strange, we're sitting 5th, we've a transfer window coming up which would really have been AA's first full one . The players he's brought in i.e Sow, Jackson have been almost emergency signings to fill a gap. I just don't think he's been given the backing he deserved!

Perhaps he was unable to identify anyone else? Perhaps the board felt he didn't deserve further backing?

5 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

The same people who appointed Angelo appointed Fowler so by your logic I wouldn't put all your eggs in that basket

It makes the appointment of Fowler look worse. In his interview on killie tv he mentioned he spoke to people on the board when he came up to watch a game. It looks as if as soon as they knew he was available the job was his, and no one else was being seriously considered. A guy with absolutely no experience in the role.

working with Alessio, it made some sense, but now? None