Alessio sacked

KillieDIV

A shambles. Admittedly upon walking out of RP after the CQ game I said 'he needs to go'. However, as others have said, after calming down about a month later, thought, we need to give this a go, after all, someone who has the credentials he has, working at some of the biggest clubs in the world, and the Italian national side, can't be that bad.

As others have also said, player power is a worry for any club...maybe they want to go back to Gary Locke, after all he was a great social convener.

Holt to me is an appointment you make if you want to 'just' stay in the League and hover around 8th/9th. Not an appointment to push on, and try to establish the club in the top 6 (or even better). Clearly the club had a manager in Clarke who only appears every 50 years or so, it is next to impossible to replicate that sort of success.....look at Aberdeen post Ferguson, Dundee Utd post McLean...both nowhere near these levels due to 'one off managers'.

As others have suggested as well, the board oversaw a shambles of a summer, they must have known that Clarke was off pretty much as soon as McLeish was sacked, yet dithered over the appointment, when you announce that you have the 'best manager in Scotland' in place, to sack him a few months later while sitting 5th because the players have never taken to him.....

At any club where the players are in a position of essentially choosing the manager, trouble is in store. A lot of the same players didn't exactly make a roaring success of it under Lee McCulloch, to say the least. The board have now set out their stall it seems....ensure that the players are 'happy' with the next appointment and willing to work with the new man....not sure if I was a manager if I would want the dressing room running the club, rather the boardroom.

44 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

What about the folk that said he’d never be sacked or slagged off folk that referred to issues behind the scenes as being no marks etc. Mite hassle than it is worth posting on here at times.

Hiya. Genuinely took me by surprise. Well done, you’re right. Bask in the glory. Must feel magic.

4 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

To be fair, we don’t know what training is like.

I though AA came across as a nice, decent guy. But his training might have been a chore. It’s these guys’ working lives and they are entitled to a certain level of job satisfaction.

That said, the conduct of some has been unprofessional.

Like every other employee they do as their told or get shown the door.

4 hours ago, LS180312 said:

I feel for Alessio. The biggest problem has been the group of players - both attitude and ability. Clarke left a group that had been struggling to score since January and the board did not sign the attacking players required. 

Dicker and Power - transformed our midfield, we’re no longer the pushovers we used to be. However I also think they’re part of the problem this season. Dicker has been one of our best players but Power especially offers no goal threat and his general play has been much slower than normal. 

I hope we get a new manager in soon and I also hope we’ve identified young, attacking midfielders. 

Motherwell, Livi, St Mirren, Ross County have played with a pace in midfield that we couldn’t cope with. 

Agree wirh squirrelhumper, players better buck up their ideas now as they are to blame for this mess

Likewise. Is it a case of a set of players who are simply not up technically or mentally to grasp what AA was trying to do. Level of intelligence of most British and Irish footballers leaves a lot to be desired compared to their continental counterparts.

3 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Likewise. Is it a case of a set of players who are simply not up technically or mentally to grasp what AA was trying to do. Level of intelligence of most British and Irish footballers leaves a lot to be desired compared to their continental counterparts.

This is kinda how I feel. Was saying this to my dad last night, when you look at Brighton with Graham Potter that is a set of players who have embraced new ideas with open arms but I can’t help feel it’s because a lot of their players are foreign and maybe have experience of a more technical game as opposed to in Scotland where most of our players are from home nations and are brought up with s**te coaching and a very “British” way of playing. 

it’s a shame really but I think it’s just the way it is and don’t know when the mentality will change up here. 

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere haven’t looked through the full thread but an STV reporter says that they received an email of an invitation to the press conference on Thursday with Alessio for saturdays game. Then 1 hour later got another that said you better come in he’s been sacked. That makes it sound like it’s a very spur of the moment decision. Strange. 

2 minutes ago, killieblue said:

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere haven’t looked through the full thread but an STV reporter says that they received an email of an invitation to the press conference on Thursday with Alessio for saturdays game. Then 1 hour later got another that said you better come in he’s been sacked. That makes it sound like it’s a very spur of the moment decision. Strange. 

Wonder if the media team were just briefing as routine and weren’t aware of the unfolding events

2 minutes ago, killieblue said:

That is the impression I formed based on no inside knowledge whatever.