Alessio sacked

KillieDIV

1 hour ago, killie89 said:

Not sure how you quantify “good” for a small club like Livi in the Premier League. To me anybody that can have them sitting comfortably away from the relegation zone two years in a row is doing a pretty good job, even if the football isn’t great to watch.

Martin Canning it is then .....

Initial shock followed by a wee bit relief if truth be told.  No offence to the guy- he seemed like a good man but it is now clear that he was unable to lead this team.  You can argue the players should follow a manager's instructions, or that it is the manager's job to lead them effectively.  Don't care about this debate right now- there are immediate issues to be concerned with. 

I think there are better managers out there we could get, but they will need to come in with the management skills to command the respect of the players.  

There will undoubtedly be calls for the board to spill their guts about what has gone on behind the scenes, but I reckon we'll need to be realistic, get behind the team on Saturday and hope for a good appointment, followed by some savvy signings in January.

Oh to be a Killie fan! 

3 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Martin Canning it is then .....

Fair point. I still think Holt has a bit more about him than Canning. Livi have been comfortably clear of relegation, Accies were never like that under Canning - they always just did enough to scrape their way to survival. Plus Holt has plenty of other experience from down south that I would suggest makes him a better coach.

Suprised at this but not disappointed at the same time.

Three reasons ...

We have been dire to watch for a while (Hearts excepted), plenty of possession football with no real desire to get into the box.

He played one up front at home against St. Johnstone , who were bottom of the league.

He sent out adequate (average)players on loan and replaced them with adequate (average) players on loan.

Good luck to him.

2 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

Suprised at this but not disappointed at the same time.

Three reasons ...

We have been dire to watch for a while (Hearts excepted), plenty of possession football with no real desire to get into the box.

He played one up front at home against St. Johnstone , who were bottom of the league.

He sent out adequate (average)players on loan and replaced them with adequate (average) players on loan.

Good luck to him.

Agree

8 minutes ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

this, i'm sorry to say but if holt wasn't connected to killie i don't believe anyone would want him as the next manager

No, I’m sorry but this comparing Gary Holt to Martin Canning is utter rubbish. Under Holt, Livi have beaten Celtic and Rangers, hammered Hearts 5-0, gone up to Dingwall and won 4-1, were the only team out with the big 5 city clubs to beat Killie under Clarke and have been nowhere near relegation at any point. Hamilton under Canning were a million miles away from that - they were completely dire, somehow scraping enough points from the other crap teams to enable them to stay in the league. 

29 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

Initial shock followed by a wee bit relief if truth be told.  No offence to the guy- he seemed like a good man but it is now clear that he was unable to lead this team.  You can argue the players should follow a manager's instructions, or that it is the manager's job to lead them effectively.  Don't care about this debate right now- there are immediate issues to be concerned with. 

I think there are better managers out there we could get, but they will need to come in with the management skills to command the respect of the players.  

There will undoubtedly be calls for the board to spill their guts about what has gone on behind the scenes, but I reckon we'll need to be realistic, get behind the team on Saturday and hope for a good appointment, followed by some savvy signings in January.

Oh to be a Killie fan! 

Agree

Less than happy about this. 

Angelo deserved at least a transfer window with some support from the club to address our obvious problem areas.

Disappointed with how it's been handled and to be honest it makes us look pretty bad.

He's lost his job mostly due to other peoples failings in the summer.

It's pretty obvious this has nothing to do with the last 3 matches. It's some form of internal issue. Players, board, whatever. It just didnt work out. Maybe he was pumping the cleaner and got sacked for misconduct. Who knows. All speculation unless we get some answers from the club. Failing that let's just get behind the team and the next manager and move on. What else can we do?

I'm not massively disappointed he's gone, but I do sympathise. Thought he deserved a transfer window but maybe the board have thought better to do this now than let things get worse. We're 5th but is anyone enjoying going to the games at the moment? There's no real affinity between AA and the fans imo as there's been a fair majority that have been against him since CQN game and he's not done anything to bring them round. 

It's easy to point the finger at the players and board but sometimes the simplest answer is the one that's right. Maybe he just wasn't a good manager or just the wrong manager for us.

Best of luck to him I'm sure he'll be back over in Italy in a plum job shortly