Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

37 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Surely we are not going to offer the job to Alex dyer. He’s a coach. A nice guy. Good to have around the place. The transition to manager ( like for mcculloch) is very, very challenging. There must be better options than this.

You know, there was a time once when all Mourinho had on his CV was assistant manager. 

Not long before he won the UEFA cup and Champions League with Porto. 

20 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

If you’re basing your opinion on games you’ve paid attention to, I’d suggest looking at their results overall. Mediocre and not good enough for Killie 

He did: 

"Highest league position in years, first league win v Celtic, beaten Sevco and has a competitive squad this season.  Not to mention pumping us 3-0. "

League position usually a fair indication of results overall. 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I hope the board has a good answer ready. "We made a mistake with the appointment", "The players didn't take to him" or "He wasn't successful enough after six months" wouldn't be what a candidate wanted to hear. 

Ian McColl actually spoke quite well on this on Sportsound a few weeks back. He said more often than not there is a vacancy because someone has been punted and you know all the reasons that can happen. More often than not, that means going into a situation where there are issues with players, board, staff or all three. 

Managers know fine well that managers and players have a relationship and that can break down. If you were, say, Gary Holt, I think you would have a fair idea of why that happened and the self belief that it wouldn't happen with you. 

If I'm honest I'm always slightly surprised by how attractive a proposition we seem to be to managers, but we are a stable Premiership club and that's a big draw. I don't think candidates much care what's gone on before unless there is something glaring. 

Just now, Craigieboy said:

Wait see who right men manager go watch to Kilmarnock game this weekend face Motherwell, next Thursday face Rangers & St Mirren game on Sunday than January start search new manager before Scottish cup on 18th face Queen Park for first game Rugby Park 

Who would your choice be Craig ?

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I like Darren fletcher as a pundit and have a feeling he will make a good manager one day. There can be no questioning that he operated at the very highest level either. It would be a big gamble for any club to take him on in the near future but (like with lampard and gerrard) someone will likely take a punt.

Has said that his ultimate aim is to be A manager but wants to do his time as a coach first. Was on the Man U podcast couple weeks ago. 

19 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

Three Italians on that list. They'll no dae! They talk funny n they don't ken ayhin aboot the gemme in Scotland. Joabs fur the boays. Oor Barry needs a joab. Big Yogi needs a joab. 

We are utterly, utterly f**ked as a footballing nation. 

Big Yogi has taken two diddy teams to cup finals!

He is not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s hardly an example of jobs for the boys (of which there are many).

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I like Darren fletcher as a pundit and have a feeling he will make a good manager one day. There can be no questioning that he operated at the very highest level either. It would be a big gamble for any club to take him on in the near future but (like with lampard and gerrard) someone will likely take a punt.

Just taken a job at our academy and is studying for his UEFA badges I'm sorry can't see it happening

9 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Big Yogi has taken two diddy teams to cup finals!

He is not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s hardly an example of jobs for the boys (of which there are many).

He's an example of what diddies like us are expected to settle for. That really boils my pish. I applauded the board for appointing Alessio, thinking outside the claustrophobic box diddies like us are supposed to remain in forever. I applauded Hearts for appointing Cathro, but breaking the suffocating mould of a backwater footballing nation was just too much to expect and the guy was f**ked from the start. God forgive me for saying this, but the denizens of Snake Mountain are the real pioneers here when it comes to backing an outside the box manager. 

Just now, Blackislekillie said:

He's an example of what diddies like us are expected to settle for. That really boils my pish. I applauded the board for appointing Alessio, thinking outside the claustrophobic box diddies like us are supposed to remain in forever. I applauded Hearts for appointing Cathro, but breaking the suffocating mould of a backwater footballing nation was just too much to expect and the guy was f**ked from the start. God forgive me for saying this, but the denizens of Snake Mountain are the real pioneers here when it comes to backing an outside the box manager. 

As I say, he’s got two different diddy teams to cup finals. That’s achievement. Being Scottish should not be a present-requisite. Neither should it be a black-ball.

25 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

As I say, he’s got two different diddy teams to cup finals. That’s achievement. Being Scottish should not be a present-requisite. Neither should it be a black-ball.

Yogi would only work in my opinion if there was a true Director of Football dealing with all of the recuitment and he was willing to accept that without complaint.  I agree he tends to get his teams playing attractive football, but it tends to be when it comes time to refresh/overturn a squad that he falls down, he doesn't seem to be a great judge of players.

1 minute ago, Lorielus said:

Yogi would only work in my opinion if there was a true Director of Football dealing with all of the recuitment and he was willing to accept that without complaint.  I agree he tends to get his teams playing attractive football, but it tends to be when it comes time to refresh/overturn a squad that he falls down, he doesn't seem to be a great judge of players.

I agree with those points definitely. As I remember, he left ICT because he wanted more cash for players. Got to cut your cloth; he struggled to accept that.

Edited by NorfolkG

4 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

If you’re basing your opinion on games you’ve paid attention to, I’d suggest looking at their results overall. Mediocre and not good enough for Killie 

What do some people not get about this? The argument you are making is exactly like a Celtic fan saying Steve Clarke wouldn’t have been good enough for them because he never won a trophy with Killie. Utter nonsense and not taking into account the respective resources of the clubs. What do you expect, Holt to have them sitting 3rd?