Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I agree with those points definitely. As I remember, he left ICT because he wanted more cash for players. Got to cut your cloth; he struggled to accept that.

The other issue with him would be our squad I think - when I think of his teams, I think of really pacey teams, which is probably our biggest weakness (perhaps after Brophy's trouble with barn doors), so I suspect it's not exactly his ideal squad makeup.

4 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

The other issue with him would be our squad I think - when I think of his teams, I think of really pacey teams, which is probably our biggest weakness (perhaps after Brophy's trouble with barn doors), so I suspect it's not exactly his ideal squad makeup.

Six months’ time we will have a totally different team though!

This is actually a good opportunity for someone to built something.

Not sure Powell is available now. Role with England as part of their minority recruitment drive I thought?

Really? I don't Charlton much but he was their saving grace when that belgium geezer took over. I'd try and get Jimmy Shan because you have more cash than Solihull Moors and he almost took us up

2 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

Really? I don't Charlton much but he was their saving grace when that belgium geezer took over. I'd try and get Jimmy Shan because you have more cash than Solihull Moors and he almost took us up

Not sure Jimmy Shand’s ‘Bluebell Polka’ would go down well. Not now Kris Boyd’s gone.

Not sure Jimmy Shand’s ‘Bluebell Polka’ would go down well. Not now Kris Boyd’s gone.

Not Shand, James Shan ex Wallsall and Sheffield Wednesday player. He ran our academy, and took over While we were waiting for Slav. he almost got us up. He said when he left that he wanted to become a manager

8 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

Not Shand, James Shan ex Wallsall and Sheffield Wednesday player. He ran our academy, and took over While we were waiting for Slav. he almost got us up. He said when he left that he wanted to become a manager

Just a little joke. Yes I read about him when you posted. Interesting suggestion.

This is just my opinion obviously, but whoever takes charge for the remainder of the campaign, whether it be Dyer or Fowler, or whether we appoint a new full-time gaffer, if they don’t guide us to a top six finish then effectively now they need go. That’s the tone that’s been set with football matters regarding AA’s sacking. 

Obviously still speculation at the minute but it seems fairly clear that something’s kicked off behind the scenes, whatever that may be. So of course that could be the difference, however, it just seems totally bonkers at the minute. This appointment is arguably more important than the one in the summer.

Let’s just hope for calm heads and some points on the board between now and the winter break, because we need some rapidly to lift the mood of the club again. 

Paul Clement was my choice in the summer, was almost the Clarke clone. Coached at the highest level with Chelsea, Real, PSG and Bayern among others. Had a decent go at management with Derby, Swansea and Reading.  Powell if available would be an option, worked with Dyer and done well in previous jobs. Di matteo seemed a good shout at the time aswell, good record and much better english than angelo 

1 hour ago, killie89 said:

What do some people not get about this? The argument you are making is exactly like a Celtic fan saying Steve Clarke wouldn’t have been good enough for them because he never won a trophy with Killie. Utter nonsense and not taking into account the respective resources of the clubs. What do you expect, Holt to have them sitting 3rd?

Couldn’t be more wrong about what I’m saying. 

With both Fowler and AD announced as doing the pre Motherwell press interviews together , it will be interesting what answers each give to the obvious questions the journalists will be wanting to ask......and if either are interested in making it clear about possible interest in the permanent Managerial role 

.....(or will it be "we are here to only talk about Saturday's game") 

7 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

That would be fine with me. An experienced manager that knows how to win with a contacts list the length of your arm. Perfect for a team that needs a complete rebuild to set us up for the next three seasons.  

I'd say this was pie in the sky, as he would probably be on 20 times what most of our players were on a week.  His contacts would be good but again the players he could get will be beyond out budget.

Hope not Thomas he is a superb motivator and gets results consistently with almost all clubs he managed.

1 minute ago, Killie alan said:

Spoke to a lot of Blackpool fans and they recommend Ian Holloway he wouldn’t stand any nonsense especially from the sfa blazers . Just my opinion. Thought Neil Warnock had officially retired 

Holloway may be more like it for our budget as he operated in the lower reaches most of his career and his contacts and knowledge of league 1 and 2 may be more beneficial.

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I'd say this was pie in the sky, as he would probably be on 20 times what most of our players were on a week.  His contacts would be good but again the players he could get will be beyond out budget.

Hope not Thomas he is a superb motivator and gets results consistently with almost all clubs he managed.

I understand where you are coming from with this. My retort would be the maybe fanciful notion that he has already made his money and like Clarke might fancy a job where there is not too much pressure on you like you get down in England.

I also think with his contacts list he could pull off work similar to Clarke in identifying along with Fowler English based players that either are young and need game time like Ndjoli or are out of favour and the club wants them off the books like Stewart.

Heard Warnock a few times on TalkSPORT saying he’d like a pop at the old firm. Think he may have been positioning himself for either Hearts or Hibs but that hasn’t happened. 

He had a house not too far outside East Ayrshire I believe, could be one that’s sold to him more on the opportunity than the money.