Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

"It doesn't necessarily have to be a British coach. It's maybe someone with experience of English football. We've got, within the building, a good knowledge of Scottish football, so just in terms of player recruitment it obviously helps.

"Somebody that maybe knows the club and knows what they're coming into, at the level that they're at as well, it might be obviously beneficial for the club moving forward."

Maybe I’m reading too much into it but does this section here suggest that unless someone exceptional like Clarke did before comes out of the blue it’s between two men in the clubs eyes. Alex Dyer and Gary Holt

40 minutes ago, Scotty79 said:

are people putting money in neil warnock? he’s went from 5/1 this morning to 2/1, now second favourite 

i know most of the time these mean nothing at this early stage but there must be something happening which i expect is just people sticking a bit of cash on him cos it’s decent odds 

This idiot. Surely not. He can GTF.

Screenshot_20191219-175336.jpg

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

If the board aren't even inviting applications, it will be a surprise if it isn't AD until at least the end of the season.

Writing in the Record, Scott Burns says that the club has already received numerous applications and are “likely to invite more in the coming weeks”. 

19 hours ago, KTID1869fc said:

Heard Warnock a few times on TalkSPORT saying he’d like a pop at the old firm. Think he may have been positioning himself for either Hearts or Hibs but that hasn’t happened. 

He had a house not too far outside East Ayrshire I believe, could be one that’s sold to him more on the opportunity than the money. 

Craig Brysons neighbour?

19 hours ago, KTID1869fc said:

Heard Warnock a few times on TalkSPORT saying he’d like a pop at the old firm. Think he may have been positioning himself for either Hearts or Hibs but that hasn’t happened. 

He had a house not too far outside East Ayrshire I believe, could be one that’s sold to him more on the opportunity than the money. 

Think his house is in Dunoon. 

2 hours ago, Scotty79 said:

are people putting money in neil warnock? he’s went from 5/1 this morning to 2/1, now second favourite 

i know most of the time these mean nothing at this early stage but there must be something happening which i expect is just people sticking a bit of cash on him cos it’s decent odds 

Would be a short term fix. Not what we need.

After just watching the full press interview it is still hard to say for certain if AD wants the job , for a very laid back and likeable guy he was making sure in his answers not to give anything away nor give the press the headline,  despite numerous questioning ....suppose after the upcoming 3 games in quick succession the situation and public comments might be different 

Neither Fowler or Dyer were giving much away at all. I liked the way they handled it to be fair. Fowler trying not to put pressure on AD although I can’t help but think it is almost an extended trial period. Dyer not putting pressure on the club as others have by screaming he wants the job. Just see how it goes. 

Interesting both deny their was a revolt but seem to challenge the players at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Warnock=English version of Jimmy Calderwood I reckon.

Calderwood couldn’t lace Warnocks shoes, look at his record of turning around  teams that are for whatever reason not performing, he is maybe just what we need.

Bottom line is we are entering into a transfer period without a manager, this,after the absolute shot fest in July fills me with nothing but fear.

Having thought about what has happened in the last few days i have came to accept the next Manager needs to have a better Man management skillset.

At our level and the the quality of players we bring to the club , IE Free transfers , Its not really about systems or formations , Its less tactical and pretty basic in a Football sense. 

Bringing  in Angelo with his coaching reputation and CV was possibly a wrong route to go down, As can be seen by the mixed results and atmosphere within the dressing room.

I feel his personality might have an impact on his ability to control the Squad ,He perhaps  did not have a fear factor , which might have lead to the lack of respect from senior players. By trying to introduce his tactics , system or formation to players who have i would imagine had limited experience with top coaching or modern coaching , Training , He did not have the man management skills to win them over. 

I would suggest we have to bring in someone who can manage people , with simple Tactics/System but have an air of authority about them. Clarke as we know did like to keep things simple and was a good coach , but he knew how to be a mean sod. very professional but the players feared a glare or displeasing him and i imagine loved it if he praised them. I have heard dicker say " you never knew if the gaffer was pleased or not"  But he totaly respected him.

So for me it has to be a British manager or have managed in the UK before , so he understands the mentality , Reasonable track record , Not a manager who wants to befriend everyone. Don't mind if its free flowing football or defensive style , but winning football.

I like Warnock , although he likes long ball

I like Holloway.....attacking football

Might be left field but i would accept Mixu back. 

Dyer i would like him , but i think its a emotional choice , we would be hoping he is like Clarke. but the players respect him.

any of the younger untried x players would be to much of a gamble , darren ferguson , macfadzean , we have been down that road already.

Garry Holt , I just don't know , could argue its an emotional choice , but he has got a few good results with a Team that should be bottom of this League and should not even be able to compete above championship level with their budget. I would accept him i guess. Club Legend , x international and has perhaps now done his manager apprenticeship , has he got the fear factor for our squad , well i saw him on the park and i would not like to annoy him.

Listen at the end of the day a good season is top 6 , an outstanding season is 3rd. What the board want is success both on and off the park. A Manager for us has to buy into the boards project, I respect them for seeing things were heading in the wrong direction and making a swift change of mind, Glad Fowler is in place as their is a lack of football experience at the top.

This is a critical appointment , No more dreaming or being impressed by a CV or a nice interview. The next Manger coming in will have to add players and get players signed to new contracts quickly or rebuild the squad within the next 6 months.

Having said all that i am looking forward to Saturday , If Angelo was still in charge i would be wondering if we can get a goal , never mind a win.

30 years ago we were in the depths 0f DIV 2. looking forward to playing COWDENBLOODYBEATH  , so remember it can always be worse.