Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

45 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Having thought about what has happened in the last few days i have came to accept the next Manager needs to have a better Man management skillset.

At our level and the the quality of players we bring to the club , IE Free transfers , Its not really about systems or formations , Its less tactical and pretty basic in a Football sense. 

Bringing  in Angelo with his coaching reputation and CV was possibly a wrong route to go down, As can be seen by the mixed results and atmosphere within the dressing room.

I feel his personality might have an impact on his ability to control the Squad ,He perhaps  did not have a fear factor , which might have lead to the lack of respect from senior players. By trying to introduce his tactics , system or formation to players who have i would imagine had limited experience with top coaching or modern coaching , Training , He did not have the man management skills to win them over. 

I would suggest we have to bring in someone who can manage people , with simple Tactics/System but have an air of authority about them. Clarke as we know did like to keep things simple and was a good coach , but he knew how to be a mean sod. very professional but the players feared a glare or displeasing him and i imagine loved it if he praised them. I have heard dicker say " you never knew if the gaffer was pleased or not"  But he totaly respected him.

So for me it has to be a British manager or have managed in the UK before , so he understands the mentality , Reasonable track record , Not a manager who wants to befriend everyone. Don't mind if its free flowing football or defensive style , but winning football.

I like Warnock , although he likes long ball

I like Holloway.....attacking football

Might be left field but i would accept Mixu back. 

Dyer i would like him , but i think its a emotional choice , we would be hoping he is like Clarke. but the players respect him.

any of the younger untried x players would be to much of a gamble , darren ferguson , macfadzean , we have been down that road already.

Garry Holt , I just don't know , could argue its an emotional choice , but he has got a few good results with a Team that should be bottom of this League and should not even be able to compete above championship level with their budget. I would accept him i guess. Club Legend , x international and has perhaps now done his manager apprenticeship , has he got the fear factor for our squad , well i saw him on the park and i would not like to annoy him.

Listen at the end of the day a good season is top 6 , an outstanding season is 3rd. What the board want is success both on and off the park. A Manager for us has to buy into the boards project, I respect them for seeing things were heading in the wrong direction and making a swift change of mind, Glad Fowler is in place as their is a lack of football experience at the top.

This is a critical appointment , No more dreaming or being impressed by a CV or a nice interview. The next Manger coming in will have to add players and get players signed to new contracts quickly or rebuild the squad within the next 6 months.

Having said all that i am looking forward to Saturday , If Angelo was still in charge i would be wondering if we can get a goal , never mind a win.

30 years ago we were in the depths 0f DIV 2. looking forward to playing COWDENBLOODYBEATH  , so remember it can always be worse.

I would take darren ferguson. 

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Calderwood couldn’t lace Warnocks shoes, look at his record of turning around  teams that are for whatever reason not performing, he is maybe just what we need.

I don’t watch enough English football to comment but has he a good record of turning teams round? 

He’s a fair age now too. 

Two names I’ve seen earlier in thread that I like for different reasons.

Darren Ferguson: I know his teams have been relatively high spenders but he seems to have a track record in finding rough diamonds from lower levels. At Peterborough (again) so don’t see it happening.

Mixu: he has a philosophy, a gravitas and knows the game here - and has had (mixed) success. How much of the success he would have had here without Eremenko, we will never know; there were promising signs though, even before he got him in. And the squad he will inherit is better. A lot of his transfers were questionable though so would need James Fowler’s input.

As for ‘Alec’ Dyer, as ‘Jamie’ Fowler seemed to want to call him, if he asked me to do 50 burpees, I’d say, “make it 500”. No nonsense chap and clearly an asset. Really not sure about him having the range of skills to go straight in to a top flight club as his first gig though. I actually felt, watching the press conference, that he lacks confidence just to say, “GIVE ME THE JOB.” 

7 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

As for ‘Alec’ Dyer, as ‘Jamie’ Fowler seemed to want to call him, if he asked me to do 50 burpees, I’d say, “make it 500”. No nonsense chap and clearly an asset. Really not sure about him having the range of skills to go straight in to a top flight club as his first gig though. I actually felt, watching the press conference, that he lacks confidence just to say, “GIVE ME THE JOB.” 

My impression was that everything about his demeanour and body language says that he doesn’t want it. 

He wants to be a No. 1, but he has been, at Welling, Whitehawk and Haringey, I think. 

There are times to be diffident and laidback and times to be eager and keen; when you’re in the running for a job you want is one of the latter. 

I’m sure he’s a great guy to have around the club as a coach and assistant but I think he realises that he’s not cut out for the big  job. 

And I think JF knows that too. 

Edited by skygod

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

My impression was that everything about his demeanour and body language says that he doesn’t want it. 

He wants to be a No. 1, but he has been, at Welling, Whyteleafe and Haringey, I think. 

There are times to be diffident and laidback and times to be eager and keen; when you’re in the running for a job you want is one of the latter. 

I’m sure he’s a great guy to have around the club as a coach and assistant but I think he realises that he’s not cut out for the big  job. 

My feeling too. Comes across as a guy who knows what he’s about.

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

He wants to be a No. 1, but he has been, at Welling, Whyteleafe and Haringey, I think. 

Agreed skygod, he certainly gave that impression. May feel he is "on trial" and the board/club should already know what he can offer or it could be  the managers position is not for him. Players appear to have a good relationship with him but that dynamic will certainly change when he is a manager and it's his decision to pick the team, drop players. Imo whatever he wants to do he will always be remembered in the same stature as SSC.

16 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

I really like Alex Dyer. SC made clear that he had played a key role in our success.

If he is the best person for the job, terrific. But surely we need to look at candidates to see if that is the case? We should be appointing the very best candidate we possibly can.

Totally agree need the best within our budget that we can find.  This also applies if there is this alleged anarchy in the dressing room if so it must be rooted out and a new impetus brought to the playing side of the club. I am also not sure if AD & JF can be dispassionate enough to deal with any problematic players.

A clear statement from the board in financial terms would help our understanding  of what type of recruits we can expect. The continuous loan policy whilst helpful in the short term does nothing for longer term planning and stability as does the lack of younger players making an impact at first team level. I would expect at least 2 or 3 to be challenging for places especially as a few in our current squad are starting to reach the veteran stage.