Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

It’s unlikely the new boss will want AD imposed on him if he has a history of working with his own no.2. Angelo was different as he didn’t have managerial experience in the recent past. This may be the last few games AD is at the club. 

Unless him, Chris Powell or Donati even get the gig. 

3 hours ago, RayD said:

Three examples if you count Tommy Burns.... loved by the fans and players alike, but knew how to instill his passion to the players in his new role as manager.
Probably just wishful thinking from me, because we would all love a return to that strong connection between club and fans we had under TB & SC

Different times and all that but who can forget Bobby stepping up from Totten 's shadow to winning the cup 

since the weight of the Greyskull job is no longer on his shoulders he does speak well and with reason, and he does keep his eye on Scottish football. All that said, I would be astonished if BB thinks he’s a candidate for our next manager based on his previous record. And that’s putting aside his obvious allegiance to those we do not speak about. 

51 minutes ago, Stevo said:

I love listening to McCoist on talkSPORT alongside Alan Brazil; together they are comedy gold. 
I absolutely think he has a great career in the media and should stay there. 
He should be nowhere near our managers position. 

Since the weight of football management has been lifted, he has been rejuvenated.

I loved hearing his brilliant words about Killie and I hope our next manager shows that enthusiasm. Sadly, McCoist’s performance as Sevco manager was very much sub-standard.

Edited by NorfolkG

Id take McCoist at some point but not now.

He needs a lower profile  job somewhere like Morton to prove he either has or doesn't have some management skill away from the circus that is sevco..

Bigger clubs won't take a chance on him for fear of being a laughing stock if it goes wrong. I think that's a bit unfair as he would've gained loads of experience in the more difficult parts of the job at Rangers.

Just my opinion, but any set of players would play for him.

Edited by red_dug

I’ve never been convinced McCoist was manager material. Always struck me as the type who would be an ideal assistant or first team coach. Gets on with the players, a positive personality to have around a club but not necessarily set for the big job. 

He's been a good pundit and ideal for that role. He spoke very well about Killie at the end of last season and again positively last night. It’s interesting the BT pundits didn’t give the players as easy a ride as others on Sky, BBC and Clyde have this week. Wonder if the squad will find themselves under a bit more scrutiny today. 

A bit like my comment on Boyd in the Motherwell thread,

I think getting McCoist in as a coach in some sense would be fantastic for us. Reckon he would be fantastic for the young lads and for the dressing room in general.

Yes he failed at rangers as manager but it hes in as a coach after the manager and Dyer, there would be no stress for him, just the chance to enjoy coaching and lift the place when necessary. 

Could listen to his Gazza stories all day

16 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Did really well as part of Scotland coaching set up. I said in the summer that I’d be happy with him involved in that role - it wasn’t an overly popular opinion iirc.

He would definitely command respect.

Edited by NorfolkG

42 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Id take McCoist at some point but not now.

He needs a lower profile  job somewhere like Morton to prove he either has or doesn't have some management skill away from the circus that is sevco..

Bigger clubs won't take a chance on him for fear of being a laughing stock if it goes wrong. I think that's a bit unfair as he would've gained loads of experience in the more difficult parts of the job at Rangers.

This is where I’m at. 

Feel there’s a good manager in there and he speaks brilliantly. That rangers gig ruined him. Hopefully get gets a job soon, just not at killie.... yet. 

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

I love listening to McCoist on talkSPORT alongside Alan Brazil; together they are comedy gold. 
I absolutely think he has a great career in the media and should stay there. 
He should be nowhere near our managers position. 

Yes I agree they are great on talk sport. Like McCoist but think we need to go for a more experienced msnager

Sevco was a basket case and certainly a tough gig for a first role. He would certainly be good for the club's profile but I feel he's the good cop assistant rather than a leader. The main criticism I heard of McCoist from their fans (aside from questionable tactics and the 750k salary) was short-termism - signing experienced but mediocre experienced players (Shiels being an example) that could get you out the lower leagues but not giving home grown talent any chance and therefore not building anything. It was a real opportunity for them to bring young players through the ranks but he wasn't willing to do it. We need a manager who is.

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

I agree, especially under someone as inexperienced in the role as Fowler.

I agree. He is a Club legend yes but I think many people are seeing him through blue and white tinted glasses. Not experienced and in a huge position of trust within the club.