Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

25 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Remember the mast time we had a proper Killie hero in the dugout, didn't go too well.  Admittedly the club was a cluster at the time and nice as he was he wasnt up to the job.  (Eddie Morrison btw not BW).

I'd rather we went for someone else rather than have our support turn on oke of our own.

Williamson was a Killie hero, as was Burns.

Both worked out well.

Can’t understand not wanting someone suitable for the job incase he might fail and receive stick. He will always be legend at the club and could become an even bigger one with success. We are still in decent league position and have a bit of money to invest surely. Clarke expectation isn’t there now either. If we can consolidate top six early door and see how high up we can finish. Look at a few pre contracts and attacking options I reckon we are in a pretty good position. Taking a risk on someone who’s gonna jump ship straight away leaves us with no stability. 

Part of me would still love AD to get the job and make a real success of it. Think he is really a really good coach, knows the club well, and it seems like now or never for him,  as far as this job goes. Obviously not the best start on Saturday, however even SC's first home game was a 3-0 defeat (followed of course by 'that' night of Burke's equaliser at Ibrox and we never looked back).  Reckon he could also attract the right calibre of player in the form of Mulumbu, Bachmann etc if he got the job.

However, there still seems something in the body language/way he is talking about it, that suggests that he possibly doesn't want to make the step up.

If that is the case, looking at the other 3 candidates based on the betting, would take Holt at this stage from the list. Think he would give us stability between now and the end of the season, possibly have us finishing 5th or 6th from the position we are in, and then have the chance to build his own squad in the summer. Still not sure if he would have us up challenging for 3rd place in the longer term (next season), rather than mid table safety, but have to accept that we aren't going to get another SC, whoever comes in.

As far as this season being 'over'...to finish in the top half would still be a good season (the Euro places appear a step too far now), and of course we still have the Cup. So a lot still to play for.

Edited by Jedi2

51 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Part of me would still love AD to get the job and make a real success of it. Think he is really a really good coach, knows the club well, and it seems like now or never for him,  as far as this job goes. Obviously not the best start on Saturday, however even SC's first home game was a 3-0 defeat (followed of course by 'that' night of Burke's equaliser at Ibrox and we never looked back).  Reckon he could also attract the right calibre of player in the form of Mulumbu, Bachmann etc if he got the job.

However, there still seems something in the body language/way he is talking about it, that suggests that he possibly doesn't want to make the step up.

If that is the case, looking at the other 3 candidates based on the betting, would take Holt at this stage from the list. Think he would give us stability between now and the end of the season, possibly have us finishing 5th or 6th from the position we are in, and then have the chance to build his own squad in the summer. Still not sure if he would have us up challenging for 3rd place in the longer term (next season), rather than mid table safety, but have to accept that we aren't going to get another SC, whoever comes in.

As far as this season being 'over'...to finish in the top half would still be a good season (the Euro places appear a step too far now), and of course we still have the Cup. So a lot still to play for.

I don’t think we will finish in the top half. I’m very pessimistic about the rest of the season. Team spirit and confidence is down a huge amount plus we don’t have a good balance. Real lack of creativity. And we now have a pretty poor goalkeeper 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t think we will finish in the top half. I’m very pessimistic about the rest of the season. Team spirit and confidence is down a huge amount plus we don’t have a good balance. Real lack of creativity. And we now have a pretty poor goalkeeper 

I think we can and will finish in top 6. The teams below us are really poor, we are better than them, even if recent results would suggest otherwise. A good leader, couple signings and boost in confidence of the current crop and we can finish in top 6

9 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I think we can and will finish in top 6. The teams below us are really poor, we are better than them, even if recent results would suggest otherwise. A good leader, couple signings and boost in confidence of the current crop and we can finish in top 6

There will need to be big improvement then because 1 win in 9 (without playing the OF) and no goals in 4 is relegation form, not top 6 form.

i can’t see us getting anything from the OF so if we don’t win at Paisley we could looking at 1 win in 12 at the end of January.  

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

We drew at ibrox then Celtic Park before playing Hibs. 
Im not sure AD has the credentials to be the main man, some folk are cut out to be good coaches and assistants but not the manager.