Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

48 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

There are loads of decent managers out of work who would jump at chance of managing us. The continental way didn't work, but plenty out of work English managers would be available. I would like Holt, but hope we don't go down the route of Stuart McCall or John Hughes, think bigger (OK Holt isn't thinking big, but it is logical).

Pardew and Powell going to Den Hagg shows that these managers are willing to lower their standards to get back in the game, must be plenty more in same boat. I used to speak to Holt at the killie games before he got livi job and he was totally frustrated that he couldn't get a managers job in this country as it is a managerial merry go round, once you're in you're in, but if you are out of work it is bloody hard to get back in. There must be decent  managers been out of work for a while he want back in the game but not getting the break.

There must be loads of guys who can't get back into English football, guys with decent records too I'd imagine. Wasn't Dave Jones interested last time? I'm not suggesting him exactly but their must be guys of that ilk that have been around the EPL/Championship that don't have the appeal they maybe once did down south but have good coaching pedigree and experience.

4 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

While he would be a fantastic appointment, there is absolutely no chance we could attract Houghton to Kilmarnock. Fantasy stuff IMO.

If he's out of a job at present, why not?  Mixu got the Finnish job while at Kilmarnock.  SSC got the Scotland job while at Kilmarnock.  It's more of an attractive proposition than you might think, especially for a manager looking to get back in the game.

Chris Hughton would be excellent choice...but the more names I see mentioned...perhaps Gary Holt is ambitious to be managing at the level of all those mentioned and his career is just starting? He had a fabulous playing career...I wonder how many of us when seeing him start for Killie imagined he would go on and play for Scotland and have a very good playing record in England with Norwich etc...managing at Falkirk and doing well...assistant at Norwich and then eventually at Livingston and again doing well...perhaps GH is hoping to go on and manage one day in the English premier league and beyond...AA was an ambitious appointment...GH may appear less ambitious but not necessarily so...our last Ayrshire manager was fabulous...there may be another on the horizon...will we take the chance?

8 hours ago, fraz65 said:

The new manager speculation last time was much better. 

By this stage we had Poyet and di Matteo rumoured, with Davie Moyes on the fringes. 

Maybe we should be patient and given Dyer the chance he deserves. 

Liked and respected by both fans and players, and speaks common sense to the media. 

The Killie boys played much better on Saturday against Motherwell, only 4 days after he took the reins. A good performance at Ibrox and a successful trip to Paisley and he will be well in the frame. 

10 minutes ago, stewartonpie said:

Liked and respected by both fans and players, and speaks common sense to the media. 

The Killie boys played much better on Saturday against Motherwell, only 4 days after he took the reins. A good performance at Ibrox and a successful trip to Paisley and he will be well in the frame. 

I do not think Dyer wants the job. He is not exactly shouting from the rooftops. Maybe he is giving Santa his place at this time of year.

5 hours ago, Barbinho said:

If he's out of a job at present, why not?  Mixu got the Finnish job while at Kilmarnock.  SSC got the Scotland job while at Kilmarnock.  It's more of an attractive proposition than you might think, especially for a manager looking to get back in the game.

Unless we are willing to offer him £20k plus a week then there is no chance, he will get another big job down south no bother.

2 hours ago, stewartonpie said:

That doesn't mean that we can't have some decent rumours. 

Some links to managers who are way out of our league would make the Christmas period much more entertaining. 

Both the fans forum and the bookies need to up their game. 

Board need to get the finger out and get manager appointed pretty quickly. Serious danger if we don't sign forward players in window then we are going to struggle for the rest of the season. If you cant score goals, 5 matches without scoring, you ain't going to win matches. 

Defeat against St Mirren on Sunday, no players signed in January and we could be looking at 10th place or worse.

Would also get rid of the deadwood at the club St Clair, Sow, Jackson and Hendrie. If they arent going to get a chance now they never will. 

Kiltie recall might be worth doing as well. 

35 minutes ago, Barbinho said:

Yup. Assuming (and it's a big assuming) Mulumbu is in the bag, we need at least one, if not two decent, proven strikers in the January window, We can't repeat the same mistakes as the summer in fannying about.

Even with Mulumbu I still think we need that creative influence. His signing would improve us No doubt but I don’t see him as the Eremenko, Stewart or Shiels type who will create the chances we need