Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

AA Woulld of been successful too if he had been backed properly. My opinion of course

They'd have needed to back him as of the current team only Brophy, Power and Findlay would have been there next season. What a rebuilding job that would have been and would have completely outdone every single think Clarke done.

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

A realistic ambition for Killie is to finish top six. This is still a very achievable target, particularly if we get a couple of decent loan signings in Jan. 

When you say that this season is gone, what do you mean? 

I mean we won’t qualify for Europe this year. That was the legacy left by scc and a very good basis to secure for the next few years. You say top 6 is our ambition? Having finished 3rd previous? If that’s our ambition then that’s the mentality that will engulf the club. The ex old filth teams are average. Wasted chance with excellent core to secure top 4 slots for next couple of seasons at least. Blown. But we won’t get relegated or in play offs. Long shot for cup but understand this should be focus. Finishing, 6th or 7th or 8th....so what. A few quid extra yes. Non event. As I’ve said before, I wasn’t the only kid in the playing field wearing a killie strip celebrating a Ross jack finish - when others were mccoist and mo Johnston - with the goal that secured an eight place finish in the league. It’s that mentality that gets only 5000 fans turning up on a Saturday. No dreams. No ambition. We need more than that. And we tasted it so of course we demand more. But folks say it’s the natural order. Tell that to the employees of Woolworths or Mothercare. Retail giants that set out manouvered by smaller, more flexible business models. The natural order changes with clever business. That’s what I mean....but as seems often the case here, I’m likely in the minority.

52 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I mean we won’t qualify for Europe this year. That was the legacy left by scc and a very good basis to secure for the next few years. You say top 6 is our ambition? Having finished 3rd previous? If that’s our ambition then that’s the mentality that will engulf the club. The ex old filth teams are average. Wasted chance with excellent core to secure top 4 slots for next couple of seasons at least. Blown. But we won’t get relegated or in play offs. Long shot for cup but understand this should be focus. Finishing, 6th or 7th or 8th....so what. A few quid extra yes. Non event. As I’ve said before, I wasn’t the only kid in the playing field wearing a killie strip celebrating a Ross jack finish - when others were mccoist and mo Johnston - with the goal that secured an eight place finish in the league. It’s that mentality that gets only 5000 fans turning up on a Saturday. No dreams. No ambition. We need more than that. And we tasted it so of course we demand more. But folks say it’s the natural order. Tell that to the employees of Woolworths or Mothercare. Retail giants that set out manouvered by smaller, more flexible business models. The natural order changes with clever business. That’s what I mean....but as seems often the case here, I’m likely in the minority.

I would say that top six would be a reasonable aim for a club of our size. There's no reason that we can't aim higher but I don't think that the season is a write-off when we are sitting in sixth place. 

How many times have we finished top six in the last fifteen years?

A good managerial appointment and a strong second half of the season and it could be a very good 2019/20. 

Edited by fraz65

4 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

How many times have we finished top six in the last fifteen years?

Some. Not many. So what? Look, I’m being flippant of course. I get our recent history but folks go, or watch, mostly, cause it’s exciting or promises to be, either cause we doing really well or really poor, or we got a sensational player. Truth is that finishing 6th or 7th with not top talent etc does not excite. Most folks. We really had a chance to galvanise supporters with some big signings and new ways to bring in fans in a way not seen since late 90s. Anyway, let’s hope for 6th. I’ll still be there. But others may not.

41 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Some. Not many. So what? Look, I’m being flippant of course. I get our recent history but folks go, or watch, mostly, cause it’s exciting or promises to be, either cause we doing really well or really poor, or we got a sensational player. Truth is that finishing 6th or 7th with not top talent etc does not excite. Most folks. We really had a chance to galvanise supporters with some big signings and new ways to bring in fans in a way not seen since late 90s. Anyway, let’s hope for 6th. I’ll still be there. But others may not.

If there was a latent support waiting to come back they would have returned last season. 

It won't get any better, big signings or not. 

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

The club will find it easier to attract talented players if over a period of years we are (more) consistently in the top six. The payment for each higher league placing, even if it's 6th instead of 7th plus additional gate money in the last 5 games is worth at least a couple of decent footballing salaries for the following season. Similarly, instead of expecting crowds to increase massively over the course of a couple of seasons on the back of some magical event, the success of a regular top six place should support a steady increase in numbers, if anything will.

2 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Tell that to the employees of Woolworths or Mothercare. Retail giants that set out manouvered by smaller, more flexible business models. The natural order changes with clever business. That’s what I mean....but as seems often the case here, I’m likely in the minority.

Football clubs have something in common with Woolworths and Mothercare, a physical presence from which to sell product. Unlike high Street retailers, football clubs cannot close up shop, lay off staff and develop alternative distribution outlets. It wasn't just Amazon that put the squeeze on their revenues, the supermarkets who also have a big physical presence were a major cause of both collapsing; it was obvious for years both companies' property portfolios required drastic surgery. They were not out manouvered by smaller more flexible companies.

Yes, football clubs like killie should be striving to refine their business model. But "clever business" in football is easier to say than do. There are numerous examples of clubs who have speculated by sharply increasing their cost base in the hope that revenues will follow. For a club of our size a hand-in-hand steady incremental increase in costs/revenues is only prudent.  And even then the time lag in respect of increased revenues from crowds, a scouting network and youth development that lead to profitable player sales and non-footballing commercial activity, requires somebody like BB behind the operation.

On the pitch club is in a mess. Very few players signed for next season. Days away from another transfer window with no manager appointed. Nothing from the board. No goals scored in 5 games. A lot of deadwood in the squad. 

Players need a really big performance on Sunday to get things back on track. 

Board also need to step up. They have done well with non-football infrastructure related activity. However beginning to think they are struggling with the football side of things which is a bit worrying considering that is our core activity. 

5 hours ago, fraz65 said:

If there was a latent support waiting to come back they would have returned last season. 

It won't get any better, big signings or not. 

Spot on. People using ‘a missed opportunity’ to criticise the board in relation to bringing ‘more fans’ in are talking crap. The number of fans WILL NOT get bigger than what we got in the 20 months with SC; which was too few to be optimistic about big numbers being out there waiting to come back. 

All the waffle a few years back about fans returning and big investors waiting was just that. WAFFLE! 

This needs to be sorted now. Having a caretaker/interim manager until the end of the season with so much still at stake is not the answer. If the club settle for staying in the league and start again in the summer that attitude will spread through the staff and we could find ourselves in all sorts of bother. 

Id like to see some comment from the board with regards to what has gone on and what the plan is for the short and long term. Communication has improved vastly but the silence at the moment is deafening. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

There indeed was a clause. The full details of which have been kept quiet. 

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

Was paid up to the end of the season

Both correct, despite what some have messaged on here, there 100% was clauses and he was paid until end of the season.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Anybody who isn’t alarmed at our recent decline, perhaps not in League place but in relation to the points of the bottom six clubs, is fooling themselves. 

Spot on - we’re reminding me very much of Hibs in 2014 with this slide we are on at the moment. It annoys me when I see people saying this season is over, as that’s exactly the kind of attitude that will see us sucked into a relegation battle before we know it. Can only hope the next manager isn’t complacent about this.

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

Was paid up to the end of the season

This is correct, which is adequate compensation and not a bad deal for all parties concerned. The thing about the 'clause' is a total urban myth being spread by the same pricks that were slaughtering Alessio at every opportunity and then feigned shock when he got fired. The same muppets who allowed MJ to ride the club rotten and now have the cheek to slag of Bowie. Things are never going to be perfect, no football club has it perfect, but it you want every question answered and every demand met then maybe you should consider putting your hand in your pocket like Bowie did. Didn't think so, we even have fans who cheat the club by buying family season tickets so they pay less, this is what Bowie and his team have to contend with but we want him to bring in Jurgen Klopp and do it now.

11 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

Let's hope those players like whoever comes in next then eh?

You’re just not getting this are you?

It’s not a case of liking or disliking. It’s a case of being confident in the manager, by the manager showing he’s competent and knows what he’s doing. The players were becoming increasingly aware the manager was not up to it.