Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

A long way to go today but it doesn't feel like we are in "Steady as she goes, don't rock the boat" territory where a new manager is concerned.  

The squad needs an overhaul, an injection of creativity. A lot of players coming to the end of their contracts and six loan players in the squad today.

Calls for a new broom to come in, I think.

17 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

We'll be lucky to get away with this. 

I'm not sure we deserve to. The board caught (or more accurately, were given) lightning in a bottle with Clarke's appointment, but from the second he walked in the door it seems the blinkers went on and even though every man and their dog could see that we had SC for, at most, a couple of full seasons, there was nary a thought given to succession or long-term planning.

The Head of Football Operations appointment should have been (at least) a year ago, with a proper plan put in place to ensure a smooth bump. Instead, our board seemed to just assume that their door would be beaten down by similar calibre candidates as SC, panicked when it clearly wasn't and picked the guy who did apply with the snazziest CV and then sat on their hands for 5 months as the club lurched into and (seemingly) out of crisis before making a snap decision to sack the guy as we were in 5th on the eve of a transfer window and hope that some of the SC magic dust had rubbed off on his assistant because they seem flat out of ideas otherwise.

Edited by kevin1869

Can't be AD now surely, not only another honking result today, but the manner of the performance and tactics. Did really well as assistant when Clarke was here, and undoubtedly made a valuable contribution for 2 years, still has the Scotland gig as well, but he needed a big performance today. 

Hopefully the board will be back from Spain soon to start interviewing applicants (properly this time).

In a few short weeks we have gone from challenging for a Euro spot, to now needing a manager who has the wherewithal to keep us in the League.

Edited by Jedi2

47 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

Why would he leave a decent Livi side to manage this rabble?

Plenty of reasons. No brainier however I wouldn’t trust this board to know what they are doing when it comes to footballing decisions. Bowie didn’t even think Holt merited an interview in the summer yet couldn’t even stay for the end of Alessio’s and somehow ended up appointing him. 

Just now, Mojike and Bod said:
3 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Plenty of reasons. No brainier however I wouldn’t trust this board to know what they are doing when it comes to footballing decisions. Bowie didn’t even think Holt merited an interview in the summer yet couldn’t even stay for the end of Alessio’s and somehow ended up appointing him. 

Good  reason for Holt to tell Bowie to ram his job.

1 minute ago, BigYin said:

James Fowlers role over the next few weeks is huge. He’s the one who’s been brought in to oversee the footballing side and his advice and football experience will be critical in advising the board who to appoint as manager. Let’s hope he knows what he’s doing 

Absolutely spot on. Was saying as much. Wasn't impressed with his interview about AA last week, now is his time to shine 

The fowler/Dyer interview was like a speech at a funeral. Dyer did nothing with that interview to suggest he was the man for the role. The board need to act now and I mean this week, the window opens on  wednesday and the team need players, Sow,Jackson, st clair need to go but with no one in charge who are we going to get.

Every fan knew in the summer what we needed, at least 2 strikers and a creative midfielder. Yes every other team wanted that as well but Killie finished third and we were in europe which should have given us the edge.

The club is a shambles right now and NOTHING from the board.

Today was a s**t fest of football, we offer nothing going forward, we create nothing. I was asking my pal as we watched today, "when did we Last have a shot on goal" 

Yes guys I'm raging 1513 killie fans their today. There going to lose some soon I fear with the s**t football that's on offer. 

5 minutes ago, GCM said:

Harder now to get manager and/or players in to a team who are in free fall. In the summer we had European football as a carrot and were riding high on optimism. It is difficult to see who would want to sign for us now.

It wasn't much of a carrot if that's what we attracted in the summer. Players know the reputation of Scottish sides in Europe, that isn't going to draw anybody to a club like Killie.