Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

What most people are missing is no matter the manager.. If you don't have the required talent or self belief / confidence then what was on show today is what you get.

Against Rangers we were well structured but lacked the threat when we had Jones, Stewart, Boyd, Mulumbu etc.   The one's who enabled us to score goals under SC. How many games did we play and get points from last year, when we weren't the best team... Loads.  But we could defend and then get just a few chances and take one. The team believed they could do this week in week out... They have lost the belief we can score... And confidence is at rock bottom...the difference between most of the SPL is small and confidence is a big part...and getting it back is very hard.

I mentioned 3 weeks ago that Billy Bowie needed to step up and support AA in January. I git promptly slagged off... As it was down to AA and team... Well AA is gone...and no chance.

We can't under estimate the impact of the sh*te show in the summer which was 100% down to the board and behind the scenes departure and no recruitment. Do you think if we had played some friendlies before the CQ game... It might have helped?

Looking forward i agree with Dyer we need to give the whole team a restart..and bring in some fresh faces. Our short term fixes need to go... All if them, release others like Frizzel, bring back Killtie (one last chance). But most importantly a striker to play upfront and an attacking midfielder..

If the board do this AND the players come back determined to do well...WE need to get behind the team 100% and do our bit.  . if we don't then it won't get better....no matter who manages us.

2 hours ago, drmurray said:

How many games did we play and get points from last year, when we weren't the best team... Loads.  But we could defend and then get just a few chances and take one. The team believed they could do this week in week out...

As Findlay said on We are Killie podcast, every match seemed to follow a script. We would soak up pressure in the first-half, but we knew we would likely win it in the second.

Edited by skygod

2 hours ago, Big sexy said:

If there is still anyone out there who thinks that Alex Dyer should be given the job,even until the end of the season, then they should listen to his interview. That's not a man putting himself forward for the job, that's a man that can't wait to get out. Don't be surprised to see him take up a full time Scotland role under Clarke when we appoint a new manager

Edited by historyman

14 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Hinges on the next manager and out recruitment.

We need a manager to come in and hit the ground running. We need players in immediately. We need the deadwood pruned. We need a system that works for the players we have. 

Beyond that I want a manager who’s already identified summer signings before this window has closed. I want someone who knows how to use pre-contracts to get us a higher quality of player. I want someone who’s already planning our preseason so we’re not the unprepared mess we are this season. Is that too much to ask for?

For all those saying that the Kilmarnock job isn't attractive at present and we can't hope to attract anyone of pedigree - i couldn't disagree more.  Yes, we are in disarray at the moment, yes the club does need a massive shake up, but what a challenge for a manager looking to prove himself.  It's been shown in the past that the Kilmarnock manager's job can be a stepping stone to greater things, so this could be the ideal opportunity for a decent manager to show what he can do when a club is seemingly on the bones of it's arse.

I wouldn’t be averse to us going for  a Jimmy Calderwood type appointment  , just to see us through to the summer . An old head to guide us to safety before we regroup . The talk on here of getting rid of the bad apples and the poor signings has to be tempered with the fact that we are already very near to the bare minimum as it is . We need a guy that’s going to grab the club and players by the scruff of the neck and drag us to safety .  God help me for saying this , but John Hughes fits the bill .

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

I wouldn’t be averse to us going for  a Jimmy Calderwood type appointment  , just to see us through to the summer . An old head to guide us to safety before we regroup . The talk on here of getting rid of the bad apples and the poor signings has to be tempered with the fact that we are already very near to the bare minimum as it is . We need a guy that’s going to grab the club and players by the scruff of the neck and drag us to safety .  God help me for saying this , but John Hughes fits the bill .

John Hughes doesn't fit any bill in the observable universe.

A trillion no thankyous.

25 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

God help me for saying this , but John Hughes fits the bill .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/raith-rovers/former-raith-rovers-star-blasts-john-hughes-over-2017-tenure-1-4747865/amp

He disputes this obviously, but the fact that no one has touched him since tells the story. 

Naismith is exactly the kind of niggly, narky, persistent pain in the a#se that we need as a player, and I think the same qualities would stand him in good stead as a player-manager. He's dyslexic, but nobody wants him to write plans of action. Action yes; plans, no. I think he's also kept a house in Stewarton, and it's a fine environment for his wee dog, if he's still got it.

5 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

I wouldn't be averse to an interim appointment either, but a look back at the Raith situation in 2017 would say to me that John Hughes would not be the man. Coaching and training supposed to be excellent - man management a bit hit and miss and managed to alienate the entire Raith dressing room in weeks. 

We are really caught between a rock and a hard place. Unless there has been any planning about the AA departure which looks unlikely I don't think we can rush an appointment, but given the state of affairs we need to have the right person in pronto and we cannot afford to make any mistakes with it. Whether it's interim or permanent it has to be someone who knows the Scottish Premiership well.

We can't make wholesale playing changes in January, it's as AD says in his interview; trying to add the right 2 or 3 players along with the right manager to galvanise the existing squad. Although Alex Dyer might hanker after being a number 1, everything about him including his interviews suggests that he is much more comfortable not being the one in the firing line and making all the decisions. I hate these alleged trial periods where all of a sudden someone that can get results over a few games (regardless of their input) is suddenly deemed to be a good long term option. I had really hoped he would have steadied the ship a bit more than he appears to have done. Reading stuff from all sources and taking into account other peoples observations from yesterdays game it does sound as if there are continued issues in the dressing room post AA. I love Alex to bits, but there is so much more to being a manager than being an assistant. It may well be that he complemented SC so well in every area, but that only worked well for SC and the way he worked. Despite his attributes, we can't insist that any new manager includes him in his team.