Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

Its a Gary Locke style appointment...nice guy, can have a laugh with the players, decent enough assistant, but No.1? 

What is his contact book like? Previous experience...Welling Utd and Whitehawk in the National League South. No tangible improvement in the last 3 matches, if anything, worse than before.

Never thought I would see the day when Hearts looked like a better run club than us, but its arrived.

Sadly, not surprised by this. Oh well, just the 5 weeks of the window to wait until we bring in some lower League English players on loan at about 10pm on the last day.

I’ve tried to give our board the benefit of the doubt but this just confirms that they have no idea what they’re doing. It just looks like they can’t be arsed going through the process again.

Can’t believe we are actually going to appoint someone who has no track record as a manager, has picked up no points as caretaker, and whose general demeanour over the last few weeks screams out that he doesn’t really want the job. Added to that, it’s still only a temporary appointment so doesn’t kill the uncertainty. If we get relegated we only have ourselves to blame.

Edited by killie89

8 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

If it’s Dyer my TIK subscription is getting cancelled.

Perhaps we need a bit of NAPM again to be taken seriously as fans! 

Much as I’m not a fan of how the board are dealing with both the current situation and, well most stuff of late, even the suggestion of organising a mass removal of fan funds from the club is completely ridiculous and makes a bit of a mockery of the original statement a lot of us made a few years ago.

This is truly bizarre logic by the board here:

-  Sack manager with 23 points from 17 games playing dull football with mixed results

-  Hire manager with 0 points from 4 games playing dull football with the worst possible results

Why did they even bother waiting if they didn't care what the results or performances were like?  They could have come out at said "Dyer is our man, we have complete confidence and plan to support him fully in the January window" as a statement of intent to him, the players, and the fans and shown at least that some form of understanding of the situation is there.

To paraphrase Homer Simpson - there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Killie way (the wrong way, but slower and more indecisive).

Edited by Lorielus

6 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

Where does she get her remit from? Who decides what issues she raises with the board from a fans viewpoint?

If she’s happy with the Dyer appointment she is sadly out of touch with the fan base!

Surely an EGM should have been called when the manager was sacked to allow those who contribute to TiK the chance to put their point across? Otherwise how does she know what the fans want or think?

We are a fickle and childish bunch.

“Alessio out. Dyer in. Oh wait a minute.“

“It’s Cathy’s fault. Sack the board.“

”Am no paying for TiK.... NAPM.”

Yes it’s p!sh at the moment, nobody enjoying it. People are allowed to be upset and are allowed to have an opinion, great. Some of the chat, however, is cringe as feck and just the big standard internet pile on that happens when things don’t go people’s way.

Dyer nowhere near my first choice, however, if it is him (Or whoever it ends up being) we need to get behind him and help him turn this around. Acting like spoiled weans isn’t going to get us anywhere. 

Just now, Killied said:

Wtf if going on with the board just now. Complete s**tshow, no explanation of why AA was sacked and then no statement of intention about a plan for a new manager. Wtf kind of club is getting run here. Starting to get totally raging.

This period has the potential to do a hell of a lot more damage than any defeat to a bunch of Welsh part timers. Fans have turned on the players. No leadership from the board who the fans have also turned on. A potential manager who hasn’t actually said he wants the job or he’d take it if offered and that nobody actually wants to get the job now. It’ll be one hell of a rescue mission in the second half of the season

53 minutes ago, skygod said:

Puts off making a decision, I suppose.  

Let's hope we're not starting next season at Arbroath. Meantime, good luck with the half-season ticket sales!  

Well it's a beautiful, cald & windy, wee ground. I used to enjoy changing ends. But the way Dick Campbell has them playing, we may yet meet them in the playoffs.

How would Dick Campbell go down in the Rugby Park dressing room?

6 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

excuse or not, what is the point in having one if our views or not listened to or totally ignored surely that is the whole point in having one and not sitting there as a figurehead.

We don't know if the rumours of Alex Dyer becoming our next manager are true and the views expressed on KillieFC aren't necessarily the views of the majority of Trust members. What can she actually do anyway ? Expressing fan's concerns is fair enough but if the three board members think AD is the best option then he will get the job regardless. If James Fowler doesn't have a say in the appointment then I would be astonished and again he could favour AD. One person in a board of three can express concerns but the majority will decide and although I don't like the fact that there is no chairperson, they seem comfortable with it. We can't even say that membership of the Trust and contribution to TiK represents the majority of our support, it doesn't, it is a small minority. 

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

This period has the potential to do a hell of a lot more damage than any defeat to a bunch of Welsh part timers. Fans have turned on the players. No leadership from the board who the fans have also turned on. A potential manager who hasn’t actually said he wants the job or he’d take it if offered and that nobody actually wants to get the job now. It’ll be one hell of a rescue mission in the second half of the season

This 100 %

4 hours ago, CYRILLRIP said:

We can't make wholesale playing changes in January, it's as AD says in his interview; trying to add the right 2 or 3 players along with the right manager to galvanise the existing squad. Although Alex Dyer might hanker after being a number 1, everything about him including his interviews suggests that he is much more comfortable not being the one in the firing line and making all the decisions. I hate these alleged trial periods where all of a sudden someone that can get results over a few games (regardless of their input) is suddenly deemed to be a good long term option. I had really hoped he would have steadied the ship a bit more than he appears to have done. Reading stuff from all sources and taking into account other peoples observations from yesterdays game it does sound as if there are continued issues in the dressing room post AA. I love Alex to bits, but there is so much more to being a manager than being an assistant. It may well be that he complemented SC so well in every area, but that only worked well for SC and the way he worked. Despite his attributes, we can't insist that any new manager includes him in his team.

^^^absolutely spot on for me. I love Alex Dyer. I'm sure the majority of Killie fans do as well. However I've seen nothing in his interviews or demeanour to make me think he's No.1 material. After yesterday I firmly believe we need a completely new Management team to come in, and crack heads if that's what's required. Dyer is far too close to that group of players to be able to do that himself.