Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

Have our ambitions changed from the summer? Holt was not a popular choice then. He’s done well again this year as last but not sure his stock has risen dramatically.  So maybe people have lowered the ambitions for the club. I think our stock as a club has reduced. We had a super platform to build on after last season. And the board has screwed it up. The only way to rebuild is to raise the ambition even higher. The next few weeks until end of January may define the club direction for the foreseeable future.

Do we know if Dyer wants it? If the players have spoken then he's the obvious choice to keep them happy. 

By the looks of things we need a really strong character or someone as standout as Clarke. 

Really difficult. 

Cotteril, Magaxth, Freedman the sort of names that applied for Hearts. 

Don't want McCann or the like. Don't want Hughes anywhere near the club. 

Holt I'd support to the hilt, one of my favourites as a player, but if there Killie connection wasn't there we'd be uninterested. A lot of talk that the coach at Livi is the brains. 

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

Four points behind us, on same goal difference.

I can see your thinking....

So we sack a manager who is 6 months into his first managerial post in a foreign country, who we failed to back in the summer and yet who has still taken a team with no creativity and no goals into the top 6 to replace him with a guy who's fitba team play rugby but he's "four points behind us, on same goal difference" 

I can see your thinking...

My understanding is that the assistant who was at Livingston with Hopkin and now Holt is the main man. I like Holt but wouldn't want him as a manager. I mentioned on another thread last week that something appears to have happened when Alessio went back to Italy for a few days as it coincided with the drop in form over the last few games. Maybe coincidental but the timing makes sense.

One thing you can say about Holt is he's essentially taken a championship/league one squad and had them competing in most games. He's lost Halkett and Gallagher, his main 2 centre halve's and is still competing at this level. He's got wins over both the old firm. He's added Dykes who's been a find. None of those games in the image above is a doing apart from Celtic. Draws against the edinburgh clubs, good win against us.

Not saying he's the answer but i think given a better squad he'd do no bad.