Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

30 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Compo to Livi would be minimal.

Always irks me a bit that a managers worth is far less than a star player when instead of replacing one player you have to rebuild the whole football side of the club.

Hopefully with a head of football in place we will be more stable and less need to change much when we change management in the future.

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Gary Holt currently working at Livi with Martindale (who isnt an option for us for so many reasons) as assistant.

Alex Dyer happy at the club but ? unsure about taking the top job.

There's your dream team surely.

So if the players don’t like holt’s training they run to dyer again. Whoever comes in dyer needs to go. Not saying dyer has done anything wrong but time for total clean slate!

It's quite a turnaround from just 6 months ago right enough. We have gone from hoping for any of Moyes, Di Matteo and Paul Clement to a situation where Holt is the manager we can 'afford'/best option we have now.  

Not saying that he is a 'bad' choice, just such a change from where we 'were' not so long ago (feels like about a decade now) 

38 minutes ago, Kanyon said:

So if the players don’t like holt’s training they run to dyer again. Whoever comes in dyer needs to go. Not saying dyer has done anything wrong but time for total clean slate!

I wouldn’t say he has to go but it has to be the new managers choice if he wants him on his staff. That goes for Donati and Billy Thomson as well. We shouldn’t be forcing guys onto the manager. Let him build his own backroom team. 

Holloway is a clown and a show pony. Well past it and should stick to TalkSPORT.

Clement has pretty much failed wherever he’s been as a number one and would command a huge salary. Massive risk.

Jones is the one who intrigues as he was fantastic at Luton and then totally out his depth at Stoke. Could fancy a move north to rebuild his career but then again he could be another Heckingbottom. 

43 minutes ago, charlie1 said:

For me ,    Nathan Jones , Paul Clements, Ian Holloway to name but 3 if they were interested 

Who have all failed at various clubs and been fired. What makes them any better a choice than Holt?
As far as I can see other than blowing a 3-0 lead v Hibs in a semi final his record at Falkirk and Livvy is decent and I don’t think Norwich would have had him in the payroll just for old times sake. 

I could not grudge Garry holt the opportunity to manage killie. I would want him to do well, to win things. I’d be behind him 100 percent. One of your own in charge. Feeling the same passions as we do, week in week out. I think he’s a decent manager, probably better than decent. At the risk of even beginning to bore myself, it’s the same point. Ambition? I’d say 90 percent of killie fans would not have voted for Gary in the summer. What’s changed? Why the clamour now? Livingston below us in the league. Has our ambition really fallen so much in a few months? If we have limited monies to invest and no plans to change the way we operate, we should grab holt. He would be a great choice under this circumstance. But our chances to be third again any time soon will be remote. 

7 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I could not grudge Garry holt the opportunity to manage killie. I would want him to do well, to win things. I’d be behind him 100 percent. One of your own in charge. Feeling the same passions as we do, week in week out. I think he’s a decent manager, probably better than decent. At the risk of even beginning to bore myself, it’s the same point. Ambition? I’d say 90 percent of killie fans would not have voted for Gary in the summer. What’s changed? Why the clamour now? Livingston below us in the league. Has our ambition really fallen so much in a few months? If we have limited monies to invest and no plans to change the way we operate, we should grab holt. He would be a great choice under this circumstance. But our chances to be third again any time soon will be remote. 

I wanted him (or Yogi) in the summer. Holt for me is someone who is progressing; has the kind of cv we should be looking at. Added to that, the emotional tie is something I like. That for me would have been the way to progress SC’s success - by consolidation.

I don’t see Holt as an appointment that would lack ambition. Bobby was a meh appointment. So was Mixu. Angelo was an ‘ambitious’ appointment and it didn’t work. The ambition should be from the club and its infrastructure imo. 

3 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I wanted him (or Yogi) in the summer. Holt for me is someone who is progressing; has the kind of cv we should be looking at. Added to that, the emotional tie is something I like. That for me would have been the way to progress SC’s success - by consolidation.

I don’t see Holt as an appointment that would lack ambition. Bobby was a meh appointment. So was Mixu. Angelo was an ‘ambitious’ appointment and it didn’t work. The ambition should be from the club and its infrastructure imo. 

You are right. We are progressing in other roles. Important areas.  I’m not opposed to holt and with the vibes from the board I think he may be the natural choice. But I can’t help lamenting the lost momentum....for the glorious day in may where the uk footballing world had us on its radar. To accepting an appointment that few I think would have got excited about back then.

9 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

You are right. We are progressing in other roles. Important areas.  I’m not opposed to holt and with the vibes from the board I think he may be the natural choice. But I can’t help lamenting the lost momentum....for the glorious day in may where the uk footballing world had us on its radar. To accepting an appointment that few I think would have got excited about back then.

I do agree. But the momentum of season tickets, merchandise etc would have happened irrespective. It was a missed opportunity but we need to move on.

I do think the appointment of the manager we made in the summer was as high profile as we could ever get - and it tanked!

The club can generate the excitement and positivity, even with a solid appointment like Holt.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Who have all failed at various clubs and been fired. What makes them any better a choice than Holt?
As far as I can see other than blowing a 3-0 lead v Hibs in a semi final his record at Falkirk and Livvy is decent and I don’t think Norwich would have had him in the payroll just for old times sake. 

Steve Clarke got sacked too before comng to Kilmarnock , so by your reasoning Gary Holt would have been a better choice. we are all allowed our opinions and at the end of the day we have no say. 

2 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Holloway is a clown and a show pony. Well past it and should stick to TalkSPORT.

Clement has pretty much failed wherever he’s been as a number one and would command a huge salary. Massive risk.

Jones is the one who intrigues as he was fantastic at Luton and then totally out his depth at Stoke. Could fancy a move north to rebuild his career but then again he could be another Heckingbottom. 

Holloway a clown can you explain   

1 minute ago, Trojan76 said:

take a lot of what he says with a pinch of salt, he plays up to cameras, You won't hear many of his former players criticise him, indeed most rate him very highly

I don't actually think he's bad guy with ill intent at all, but he has that kind of vague, obtuse kind of football xenophobia where cheating is something that came in with the foreigners.  A "sportscene" kind of xenophobia without the viciousness if that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Can we stop saying the appointment of Alessio ‘didn’t work’. it was never given a chance to. It’s lazy

have to agree, 5th in the league isn't bad position to be in. Just have to believe that the players had voiced concerns it wasn't working, and results/style of play have been poor and the board decided to cut their loses. Not many teams would sack their manager while sitting 5th in league so don't know if it's hats off for acting decisively, or concern at acting so quickly? Personally i am glad he has gone, but can understand why others think it was too hasty