Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

17 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Can we stop saying the appointment of Alessio ‘didn’t work’. it was never given a chance to. It’s lazy

He didn’t get long enough, I agree.

But whatever the reason for the sacking, the fact he lasted 22 games surely means the appointment didn’t work?

Post SC I was very adverse to Holt. 

I think this opinion, along with most of our recent issues, was borne out of over expectation. This is a result of having had an absolutely top class manager. However, it was an absolute freak situation. 

I refuse to believe we need to ‘know our place’ and shouldn’t dream big, however this needs to be a steady building process. Holt is the man for that I feel. 

Stability. Will know the club, and players limitations, and will play a system that works for what we have. 

He cares for the club, the fans will back him, and crucially so will Fow and the board. 

Go and get him now before his stock rises beyond our means. 

Edited by BR1869

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet. On saturday chick young said on bbc sportsound that there was a 6 month clause in the Allesio contract whereby the contract could be terminated for any reason. But it had to be done that week, with no compensation paid. Dont know how true it is,but makes sence by how quick and to everyone's surprise it happened.

1 minute ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet. On saturday chick young said on bbc sportsound that there was a 6 month clause in the Allesio contract whereby the contract could be terminated for any reason. But it had to be done that week, with no compensation paid. Dont know how true it is,but makes sence by how quick and to everyone's surprise it happened.

yeah been said a few times, think Baz shot it down in flames, but there may be something to it

2 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

Yep. I heard a good couple of months ago there was a clause in his contract. 

Chick Young has probably lifted that from this website though

5 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

better saying we have best manager in scotland than we have the 5th best manager. Experience wise, AA was the best tbf

Coaching wise, you could make a case if you want. Manager wise, not a chance he was the best. Nowhere near it and just reading his cv would back that up (and the Juventus period where he was 'in charge' is included - not a chance that Conte wasn't still the main man).

However, it is a moot point - I will always want the people that lead Kilmarnock to talk us up and that is what Billy Bowie does - more power to him.

5 hours ago, charlie1 said:

Steve Clarke got sacked too before comng to Kilmarnock , so by your reasoning Gary Holt would have been a better choice. we are all allowed our opinions and at the end of the day we have no say. 

It’s your opposition to Holt that I find surprising. His record as a manager is perfectly acceptable. 
He has Livingston in a higher position than would be expected and that’s exactly what SC did with Killie. 

Edited by historyman

6 hours ago, historyman said:

It’s your opposition to Holt that I find surprising. His record as a manager is perfectly acceptable. 
He has Livingston in a higher position than would be expected and that’s exactly what SC did with Killie. 

As I said on my op I feel there are better candidates out there , if GH were get the job he would get my support , where is the opposition in that? anyway we might all get what none of us want. 

There are loads of decent managers out of work who would jump at chance of managing us. The continental way didn't work, but plenty out of work English managers would be available. I would like Holt, but hope we don't go down the route of Stuart McCall or John Hughes, think bigger (OK Holt isn't thinking big, but it is logical).

Pardew and Powell going to Den Hagg shows that these managers are willing to lower their standards to get back in the game, must be plenty more in same boat. I used to speak to Holt at the killie games before he got livi job and he was totally frustrated that he couldn't get a managers job in this country as it is a managerial merry go round, once you're in you're in, but if you are out of work it is bloody hard to get back in. There must be decent  managers been out of work for a while he want back in the game but not getting the break.