Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

1 minute ago, skygod said:

And I'll refer you to the answer I gave before.

Why would the statement say that he was relieved of his duties, and why would he say that he found the decision "strange"?

Has anyone considered that it was a misconduct situation. That would appear to be the only scenario that has not appeared on this forum.

I look at hearts appointing their manager when they were struggling and so far it isnt paying off. (Not to say it wont in the future)

After Clarke we were on a total high, so were able to take a risk on a manager imo.

Where as at the moment we are in a bit of a downward spiral and need someone to steady the ship.

Step forward Jimmy Calderwood, I'm just joking but at present I think Holt is the man to stop the slide

6 minutes ago, superfan said:

Has anyone considered that it was a misconduct situation. That would appear to be the only scenario that has not appeared on this forum.

On the contrary, there's been quite a few speculative suggestions, including assaulting a player, having sex with a cleaner and racially abusing AD. 

KILMARNOCK star Gary Dicker has lifted the lid on what life was like under Angelo Alessio at Rugby Park.

The Killie captain has branded the Italian's tenure as a 's***show' as he reflected back on the former Juventus and Chelsea assistant's short six-month spell in charge.

Speaking to media back in his native Ireland, the midfield maestro was very open in his assessment of life after Steve Clarke.

The Ayrshire club secured their highest finish in 54 years under the now Scotland gaffer last season, entering the Europa League qualifiers and the future bright for the country's oldest professional club.

However, after a catastrophic early Euro exit to Welsh minnows Connah's Quay Nomads and a sticky start to the campaign, Alessio appeared to be on thin ice from the get go.

Rumours of unrest behind the scenes became louder, but things picked up on the pitch, with the team making it up to third in October and the Italian claiming manager of the month.

Although, just over a week ago, the 54-year-old was sacked, leaving the club in fifth and on a dismal run of form.

That has continued, with consecutive loses to Motherwell and today Rangers, with Alfredo Morelos bagging the winner.

But skipper Dicker, 33, is adamant that Alessio's sacking was NOT down to a player revolt.

Speaking to The42, he said: "It wasn't great with the manager.

"I'll be honest, it was a s***show at times.

"That's the truth. But the players weren't the only ones who got him sacked.

"It wasn't as if the players weren't having him because he's foreign or anything to do with the language.

"You look at his CV with Antonio Conte and it's top class.

"Brilliant. But maybe that doesn't tell the full story.

"Gus Poyet was one of the best managers, coaches, I have worked with. Him and Steve Clarke,

"Their worth ethic, their organisation of training and the team, their understanding of the game.

"You wouldn’t believe how many f****** managers haven’t got a clue what they’re doing and what they want to do.

“There’s a difference between having an idea of how you want to play but actually explaining it to the players and getting it across in training.”

After interim manager Alex Dyer saw his team lose to Motherwell 1-0 on Saturday, Dicker defended his team-mates then too.

He keenly put the point across that talk of a player revolt was 'crap'.

Celtic icon Chris Sutton was one of the many pundits who suggested that the Killie squad should take a look at themselves, insisting that they were getting above their station.

But Dicker was having none of this.

When asked about the pundit's criticism, he took aim: "Just someone who doesn't actually know what went on or what he's talking about."

After interim manager Alex Dyer saw his team lose to Motherwell 1-0 on Saturday, Dicker defended his team-mates then too.

Celtic icon Chris Sutton was one of the many pundits who suggested that the Killie squad should take a look at themselves, insisting that they were getting above their station.

When asked about the pundit's criticism, he took aim: "Just someone who doesn't actually know what went on or what he's talking about."

The Dubliner also opened up on his life off the field - detailing the difficulties of living away from his family home in Brighton.

He revealed that he didn't manage to get home to see his wife and two kids in the flesh the whole of December - until yesterday.

The Killie star was granted Christmas day off to be with his loved ones, before remarkably catching the early flight from Gatwick to Glasgow before leading his side out at Ibrox this afternoon.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5106567/kilmarnock-gary-dicker-angelo-alessio-celtic-chris-sutton/

Dickers latest interview might shed some light on why he was sacked ..Players were not going to re-sign or sign because of the manager .Excatly what I was told by Fowlers goalie coach at Sunderland 

19 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

KILMARNOCK star Gary Dicker has lifted the lid on what life was like under Angelo Alessio at Rugby Park.

The Killie captain has branded the Italian's tenure as a 's***show' as he reflected back on the former Juventus and Chelsea assistant's short six-month spell in charge.

Speaking to media back in his native Ireland, the midfield maestro was very open in his assessment of life after Steve Clarke.

The Ayrshire club secured their highest finish in 54 years under the now Scotland gaffer last season, entering the Europa League qualifiers and the future bright for the country's oldest professional club.

However, after a catastrophic early Euro exit to Welsh minnows Connah's Quay Nomads and a sticky start to the campaign, Alessio appeared to be on thin ice from the get go.

Rumours of unrest behind the scenes became louder, but things picked up on the pitch, with the team making it up to third in October and the Italian claiming manager of the month.

Although, just over a week ago, the 54-year-old was sacked, leaving the club in fifth and on a dismal run of form.

That has continued, with consecutive loses to Motherwell and today Rangers, with Alfredo Morelos bagging the winner.

But skipper Dicker, 33, is adamant that Alessio's sacking was NOT down to a player revolt.

Speaking to The42, he said: "It wasn't great with the manager.

"I'll be honest, it was a s***show at times.

"That's the truth. But the players weren't the only ones who got him sacked.

"It wasn't as if the players weren't having him because he's foreign or anything to do with the language.

"You look at his CV with Antonio Conte and it's top class.

"Brilliant. But maybe that doesn't tell the full story.

"Gus Poyet was one of the best managers, coaches, I have worked with. Him and Steve Clarke,

"Their worth ethic, their organisation of training and the team, their understanding of the game.

"You wouldn’t believe how many f****** managers haven’t got a clue what they’re doing and what they want to do.

“There’s a difference between having an idea of how you want to play but actually explaining it to the players and getting it across in training.”

The Dubliner also opened up on his life off the field - detailing the difficulties of living away from his family home in Brighton.

He revealed that he didn't manage to get home to see his wife and two kids in the flesh the whole of December - until yesterday.

The Killie star was granted Christmas day off to be with his loved ones, before remarkably catching the early flight from Gatwick to Glasgow before leading his side out at Ibrox this afternoon.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5106567/kilmarnock-gary-dicker-angelo-alessio-celtic-chris-sutton/

Dickers latest interview might shed some light on why he was sacked ..Players were not going to re-sign or sign because of the manager .Excatly what I was told by Fowlers goalie coach at Sunderland 

There’s not too many of the current group of players I’d want to keep anyway. 

45 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

A lot of people moaning about the lack of movement on the manager front. 
It’s Christmas, a notoriously slow time for any business. If we get 7/8 days into January with no manager in place then I can understand the frustration, but I expect a manager to be in place in the first few days of the new year. 

Good post Bobby, exactly how I feel at the moment. I'm optimistic that everything will fall into place. Whether we get to know what happened with AA or not I'm positive we will be 100 % behind the new manager.

Caretaker boss Alex Dyer believes now is the time for him to become a manager in his own right but still does not know if it will be at Kilmarnock.

Dyer said earlier this month he would not apply for the job but would consider it if he was asked directly by owner Billy Bowie.

But the Ayrshire club seem likely to wait until January's winter break before making a decision.

"I know I'm confident enough to do it as I've had the schooling," Dyer said.

"But it's not my decision. No-one has come to me and asked me to do it yet. There is no news at all. That's the honest truth."

Watch: Morelos breaks Kilmarnock's resistance

The former Blackpool, Charlton Athletic and Notts County defender had experience as a manager with English National League clubs Welling United and Whitehawk before joining Kilmarnock as Steve Clarke's assistant in 2017.

He remained in post after Clarke became Scotland head coach and then caretaker when the Scot's replacement, the Italian Angelo Alessio, was sacked this month.

"Everyone who is in this game wants to be a number one at some point," Dyer said. "I'm 54 years of age, I've been around a long time and this could be my chance. If it's not then I'll move on and do what I need to do for the football club or elsewhere.

"Why has it not been right to be a manager before now? Opportunities and maybe confidence in my own abilities."

Kilmarnock have lost twice without scoring a goal under Dyer and have now gone five games without scoring in a run of six without a win, but the Englishman now has greater self-belief after working under Clarke.

"I've had good schooling throughout all my career, but the last two years have been excellent," he said. "What I thought I knew, I didn't know enough.

"Working with the gaffer, Mr Clarke, has been excellent. I knew he was good when I first met him at West Ham and I jumped at the chance to come here to Kilmarnock when he called me.

"For two years, it's been brilliant educational wise and I now know I could go to that next level."

Dyer, who has reverted back to the safety first playing style that worked for Clarke, believes Kilmarnock are in "no rush" to make an appointment as they have three weeks without a game during January's winter break.

That comes after Sunday's trip to face St Mirren and Dyer added that he had belief in the ability of strikers Eamonn Brophy and Liam Millar to add the goals they have been missing.

8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Dyer, who has reverted back to the safety first playing style that worked for Clarke, believes Kilmarnock are in "no rush" to make an appointment as they have three weeks without a game during January's winter break.

I am concerned if the Board are in "no rush" as this could be two transfer windows wasted and if followed by a bad result on Sunday could see us going from Europe to Championship in our 150th Anniverasry year. 

1 minute ago, GCM said:

I am concerned if the Board are in "no rush" as this could be two transfer windows wasted and if followed by a bad result on Sunday could see us going from Europe to Championship in our 150th Anniverasry year. 

I don't think Championship is anything we need to worry about quite yet.

22 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I heard a couple of weeks ago that not only was he interested in it, but his assistant manager could be Steven Reid.

I think AD would be a good appointment. Known to the players, mentored by Steve Clarke, knows his training style and tactics plus I’d imagine he would be able to lean on him informally from time to time too. 

21 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

I think AD would be a good appointment. Known to the players, mentored by Steve Clarke, knows his training style and tactics plus I’d imagine he would be able to lean on him informally from time to time too. 

That’s all well and good but it doesn’t help in game situations when he isn’t actually Steve Clarke and has to think for himself. Can he do that part?

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

That’s all well and good but it doesn’t help in game situations when he isn’t actually Steve Clarke and has to think for himself. Can he do that part?

Based on evidence so far I’d say he can. He picked a team and formation that was a departure from what we’ve been doing the rest of the season yesterday and generally I’d say it worked. He also made the right changes at the right time in response to Rangers goal. We just don’t have the players to carve out too many chances just now.