Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

Today I had a sign! 

My central heating was on the blink. The heating kept coming on when we put the hot water on. 

Genuinely, the engineer had to replace the zone valve.

It made me think about the transitional nature of players, managers and board members as opposed to fans. After reading as much as possible, a couple of things occur to me.

1. This is the most important decision the board have to make. Following Clarke was always a tough gig, but AA wasn't doing too badly. 

2. The players have to take a share of the blame as the majority are still the same guys Clarke turned into superstars....But Clarke also had Boyd, Mulumbu, Stewart, Jones and a fit Findlay.

We're down to the bare bones and have no reliable strikers. The new manager needs funds to sort this. I'd think on this before saying we need to get rid of Dicker, SOD etc.

I'm sure we've all experienced the frustration of working with someone who isn't pulling their weight, and it eats away at morale, enthusiasm and effort levels. Sort that problem first and the rest of the team will get back on track.

3. Seems like the club are getting the infrastructure right, and maybe part of the plan was to give AD a trial first to see if they needed to get someone more established. Better for them to show faith in him first, rather than having stories of shortlists and preferred candidates flying around.

I'm a think-first-then-act kind of guy, so I'll wait to see the outcome of all of this before criticising the board in case they have a good plan to deal with this. I'd be surprised and disappointed if they didn't.

In short, the Zone Valve prophecy has made me think Gary Holt as manager and James Fowler as Head of Football is the way to go.

If not, then the club need to spend big on the managerial position. A big name with experience. A box office appointment.

Edited by Mogwai

25 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

Today I had a sign! 

My central heating was on the blink. The heating kept coming on when we put the hot water on. 

Genuinely, the engineer had to replace the zone valve.

It made me think about the transitional nature of players, managers and board members as opposed to fans. After reading as much as possible, a couple of things occur to me.

1. This is the most important decision the board have to make. Following Clarke was always a tough gig, but AA wasn't doing too badly. 

2. The players have to take a share of the blame as the majority are still the same guys Clarke turned into superstars....But Clarke also had Boyd, Mulumbu, Stewart, Jones and a fit Findlay.

We're down to the bare bones and have no reliable strikers. The new manager needs funds to sort this. I'd think on this before saying we need to get rid of Dicker, SOD etc.

I'm sure we've all experienced the frustration of working with someone who isn't pulling their weight, and it eats away at morale, enthusiasm and effort levels. Sort that problem first and the rest of the team will get back on track.

3. Seems like the club are getting the infrastructure right, and maybe part of the plan was to give AD a trial first to see if they needed to get someone more established. Better for them to show faith in him first, rather than having stories of shortlists and preferred candidates flying around.

I'm a think-first-then-act kind of guy, so I'll wait to see the outcome of all of this before criticising the board in case they have a good plan to deal with this. I'd be surprised and disappointed if they didn't.

In short, the Zone Valve prophecy has made me think Gary Holt as manager and James Fowler as Head of Football is the way to go.

If not, then the club need to spend big on the managerial position. A big name with experience. A box office appointment.

Ok, say you are the board, who do you consider a "box office appointment" as you put it. 

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Sow is decent. Gets the same stick colin nish got as he isnt that aggressive in the air for his size. 

He has great feet and a good shot on him. The guy isn't fit and is playing in a team who create no chances for him.

Dunno what folk expect.

Sow will be sent back to Utd and will either get his contract terminated or be 3rd choice with no chance of a game .Woeful signing and has never been fit or likely to get fit  

Very uneasy if it is Dyer. 

Looks like the plan was for him to pass the audition in these three games and make it a relatively easy choice. 

He hasn't, and he's maybe got it anyway. 

And end of the season is a big old worry for the rebuild. 

If it is - desperate for him to succeed. Sounds a brilliant guy. Fingers crossed. 

The season wasn't going too bad.   Whatever was happening behind the scenes, we were picking up results and top 6 looked like it was going to happen again.  That the board took the decision to get rid of AA when it's becoming more clear that they had no one in mind to replace him is an absolute joke.  

Nothing against Dyer, he's a great coach and I like him a hell of a lot, but the results and performances we've endured since AA got binned aren't filling me with enthusiasm.  The board just aren't getting it.

If this is true it’s a massive kick in the nuts to the support. They said it wasn’t a trial period but it obviously was. It was a failed one. Three defeats and barely laid a glove on an opponent. Yet gets more time. An absolute clusterf**k. Yesterday was pathetic. Dyer and the players have to take responsibility for that. If St Mirren could finish we’d have been on the end of a real hiding the score flattered us. 

Experienced Manager a must..New signings picked by said Manager ditto.. This seasons loan players have been second rate (or appear to be) during their tenure at Rugby Park maybe excepting Del Fabro as for Sow god only knows why he was given a stint other than to free up money for Dundee Utd to sign Shankland who it would appear will be heading down south for a big fat fee..As the old saying goes "You must speculate to accumulate" caveat Sensibly.. having supported Killie since the early sixties we have signed and sold many excellent footballers as we are and always have been a selling club. Where are our scouts identifying and developing younger talent to be sold on ? the clubs future depends on this alongside a chairman willing to invest. No criticism of present incumbent but that may change in the near future..:5:

1 minute ago, boydiesback said:

If his idea of strengthening the squad is McDonald, Waters and Kiltie then we are f**ked!

Relegation battle here we come! Has any team went from third to relegation in a season?

The board are playing us for fools and the fan on the board needs to make our views known on this 

The board can f**k off. Another demonstration of how clueless they are. This season is in danger of going way beyond a pantomime. Dyer should have taken himself out of the running after yesterday. That was the very definition of “s**tshow” Dicker was talking about. 

5 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

If his idea of strengthening the squad is McDonald, Waters and Kiltie then we are f**ked!

Relegation battle here we come! Has any team went from third to relegation in a season?

The board are playing us for fools and the fan on the board needs to make our views known on this 

F@@king spot on

3 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Will be Seriously raging if this is true a total joke, So what is the point of having a Fans Rep onboard if she or the board does not listen to our concerns, I would be better keeping my TIK money and saving it. The board to blame 100% for this clusterf@@k !!

Exactly my thoughts, If she was more vocal on the big issues we have right now rather than just leaving us in the dark, I might have been persuaded to “contribute”. 

36 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Ok, say you are the board, who do you consider a "box office appointment" as you put it. 

To be clear, I'd go for Holt.

As for a box office appointment....that's a tough one. 

Neil Warnock is getting touted but wouldn't be my idea of box office. Plus he said he's retiring.

Ian Holloway (the poor man's Kenny Shiels) seems popular with the bookies but doesn't float my boat.

Nathan Jones was great at Luton, but a disaster at Stoke.

Paul Clement's record looks a bit like Alessio.

Am I right in thinking Martin O'Neill is looking for a gig?

3 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

Exactly my thoughts, If she was more vocal on the big issues we have right now rather than just leaving us in the dark, I might have been persuaded to “contribute”. 

If it’s Dyer my TIK subscription is getting cancelled.

Perhaps we need a bit of NAPM again to be taken seriously as fans!