Next manager of Kilmarnock job

Craigieboy

26 minutes ago, piffer said:

This period has the potential to do a hell of a lot more damage than any defeat to a bunch of Welsh part timers. Fans have turned on the players. No leadership from the board who the fans have also turned on. A potential manager who hasn’t actually said he wants the job or he’d take it if offered and that nobody actually wants to get the job now. It’ll be one hell of a rescue mission in the second half of the season

Totally agree. I'm struggling to believe the board are actually handling this so badly. Communication is key is times like these and we've had the removal of a manager with no explanation, rumours of player revolts, playing games managerless with no statement of intent of what we are doing about a replacement. It's really poor and I'm disappointed in the board. 

Edited by Killied

32 minutes ago, curlyc1982 said:

We are a fickle and childish bunch.

“Alessio out. Dyer in. Oh wait a minute.“

“It’s Cathy’s fault. Sack the board.“

”Am no paying for TiK.... NAPM.”

Yes it’s p!sh at the moment, nobody enjoying it. People are allowed to be upset and are allowed to have an opinion, great. Some of the chat, however, is cringe as feck and just the big standard internet pile on that happens when things don’t go people’s way.

Dyer nowhere near my first choice, however, if it is him (Or whoever it ends up being) we need to get behind him and help him turn this around. Acting like spoiled weans isn’t going to get us anywhere. 

I disagree, settling for the decision on basis “get behind him and it will be okay” is courting disaster. He had 100% backing of fans going into last 3 games and they were a wash out. 
If we fans accept mediocrity then that’s what we’ll get. If we want to build on last season and have more days like the last game of season now is the time to show a bit of “hot headeness”, not when we are in relegation play offs or worse!

24 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We don't know if the rumours of Alex Dyer becoming our next manager are true and the views expressed on KillieFC aren't necessarily the views of the majority of Trust members. What can she actually do anyway ? Expressing fan's concerns is fair enough but if the three board members think AD is the best option then he will get the job regardless. If James Fowler doesn't have a say in the appointment then I would be astonished and again he could favour AD. One person in a board of three can express concerns but the majority will decide and although I don't like the fact that there is no chairperson, they seem comfortable with it. We can't even say that membership of the Trust and contribution to TiK represents the majority of our support, it doesn't, it is a small minority. 

I accept she’s only one person in a larger board but it would be interesting to know how many times she’s been outvoted! Surely as contributors to her place on the board we’d be entitled to know that. It would certainly be an indicator of how seriously the others take the fan on the board role.

8 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

I accept she’s only one person in a larger board but it would be interesting to know how many times she’s been outvoted! Surely as contributors to her place on the board we’d be entitled to know that. It would certainly be an indicator of how seriously the others take the fan on the board role.

Are you a contributor to her place on the board ? 

The Board of Directors wish to thank our supporters for their fantastic backing throughout the year.

Over 1,500 fans turned out in Paisley yesterday to provide great support for the team and as we head into the winter break, it is important to provide an update over our managerial situation and the January transfer window.

The club is pleased to announce Alex Dyer has been appointed Manager until the end of the 2019/20 season.

Alex has been an integral part of the success the club has achieved in the past two seasons and he has been working closely with Head of Football Operations James Fowler to identify January transfer targets to strengthen the current playing squad.

Alex said: “I care deeply about this fantastic football club and it is a privilege to be named Manager until the end of the season.

“I believe we have a good group of players at the club and with a few additions during the transfer window then I’m convinced we can rejuvenate our season and re-establish the identity the club has built over the past few years.”

Billy Bowie said: “Alex is hugely respected by everyone at the club and we believe he is capable of ensuring the club moves forward in the right direction again.

“In Alex and James Fowler, we have two men who know the club well and our full focus is to support them during the transfer window and all the crucial work that will follow.

“I’m sure our fans will join us in giving their full support to Alex for the remainder of the season.”

Would just like to remind everyone that since AA was sacked the personnel hasn’t changed and Alex Dyer hasn’t actually signed anyone yet. We’ve known since our European exit the current squad aren’t good enough. It doesn’t matter who the manager is unless we get the right players in. 

Maybe give him a chance to sign HIS players before getting on his back. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

The Board of Directors wish to thank our supporters for their fantastic backing throughout the year.

Over 1,500 fans turned out in Paisley yesterday to provide great support for the team and as we head into the winter break, it is important to provide an update over our managerial situation and the January transfer window.

The club is pleased to announce Alex Dyer has been appointed Manager until the end of the 2019/20 season.

Alex has been an integral part of the success the club has achieved in the past two seasons and he has been working closely with Head of Football Operations James Fowler to identify January transfer targets to strengthen the current playing squad.

Alex said: “I care deeply about this fantastic football club and it is a privilege to be named Manager until the end of the season.

“I believe we have a good group of players at the club and with a few additions during the transfer window then I’m convinced we can rejuvenate our season and re-establish the identity the club has built over the past few years.”

Billy Bowie said: “Alex is hugely respected by everyone at the club and we believe he is capable of ensuring the club moves forward in the right direction again.

“In Alex and James Fowler, we have two men who know the club well and our full focus is to support them during the transfer window and all the crucial work that will follow.

“I’m sure our fans will join us in giving their full support to Alex for the remainder of the season.”

How out of touch can he be with the 1500 who traveled yesterday!

Edited by boydiesback

I can’t believe the board would be foolish enough to give Alex dyer the job. Despite my misgivings about them, this would take things to a new level. I could see them make the mistake to keep him until end of the season. But surely not permanent. Even if we had won our last 3 games in style I would not have wanted him as number 1. But we haven’t so this should not be a consideration. 

The 'acting like spoiled weans' is always played in these situations. Does it emanate from a 'we're Killie, not Real Madrid, need to stop acting like the OF and have an entitlement to be near the top'. In other words 'be realistic...what can we expect for a club this size etc'.

What we can and should expect, is ambition. The ambition which, just over a year ago saw us sitting top of the League, and dreaming about how long we could stay there. The ambition that Bobby Fleeting talked about at the famous Grand Hall meeting that we could win a trophy and be playing in Europe in the next 5 years (all of which came true). The ambition which led to Kenny Shiels sending a Killie team out at Hampden against a Celtic side on a 26 game unbeaten run. The ambition just 3 short years ago to see the club better run from the boardroom after a 'difficult' few years, to say the least under MJ.

Even BB himself once said 'why can't we win the League'.

Where we appear to have gone from, as a club, is regularly beating the OF, losing once (once!) to a bottom 6 side all season, home and away, and finishing in our highest position for 53 years to now hoping that we can somehow scrape enough points between now and the end of the season to avoid the Championship.

It is not realistic to finish 3rd every year, and that stands for every team outside the OF. However, when a provincial club is either a) well run or b) manages to find an outstanding manager, then they can at least challenge.

For our ambitions to have dropped so dramatically in the space of 6 months is astonishing. Yes, AD might yet turn out to do 'okay', or he might not, lets hope he does. However, the way we have operated since May is not the sign of a club looking to move onto the next level, or at least hold onto what we have achieved.

Edited by Jedi2

Perhaps the applicants for the job aren’t a high enough standard? Usual McCann, lee clark pish

The issue this season has always been the players. Either not good enough or not giving enough. What manager apart from Clarke could we realistically get that would have them back at that level? 

wouldnt lay the blame all at cathys door either, she was elected by Tik/trust members to be fans representative. No ones perfect but If you don’t want her then go to the meetings and voice your concern. It’s a 3 person board, she could easily have been outvoted. 

dyer confirmed now so get behind him, hopefully get some decent reinforcements in and we can turn this season around