Players ruling the roost

SM21

16 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

St Johnstone Game we 100% did not look interested, first time in 3 years we didn't look like we gave at least some effort. From the commentary of livi game it sounded the same. Not just the effort to close down, tackle etc but the passing was lacklustre, just swinging legs at clearances. 

And yet 3 days earlier we had looked incredibly interested in the last 20 mins of the Hibs game and put in a huge amount of effort to dig something out the game. I find it hard to believe the players would go from that to “nah, I’m not interested tonight” in the space of a few days. It was a crap performance against St J, with a lot of things wrong with it that went a bit beyond players not being interested. Didn’t see the Livi game so can’t really comment on that.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What happens if they don't like the next appointment? Just throw the toys out the pram again?

I was wondering what happens if they go tell Bowie they’re not keen on the new pitch, the ticketing system isn’t good enough, prices are too high and their bonuses too low. Will he tell them they know where the door is if they’re not happy or rip everything up and get it more to their liking. 

15 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Where's all this 'players running the club' coming from? Maybe we're 5th in the league despite the manager, not because of him. 

Sod hasn't covered himself in glory this season (was poor for parts of last season too) but can we honestly say the players have all completely downed tools? Big accusation to level at them. 

It's a huge accusation and a wrong one in my opinion, with what I've seen this season.

Just now, killieblues said:

Makes you think when someone posted their calendar signing conversation with O'Donnell, where he basically laughed off a top 6 finish by saying I very much doubt that.

O’Donnell doesn’t give a sh*t about Killie and will be walking out on a free in 6 months. 
That is, if his abysmal performances for Scotland haven’t scared off all his suitors. 

1 minute ago, SM21 said:

What have they said?

Plenty been said on here over the last couple of months about players moaning about the boss, some as recently as the weekend/calendar signing.

The players that played at Livi last week looked interested not one bit.

Hopefully that changes with a new boss but this set of players have gone down in my estimation given the season we had last season and the type of club they were at before us.

2 minutes ago, Riverplatekillie said:

He is a bad apple it seems.

I’ve heard nothing but negative stuff about him. 

This is a guy who was picked up off the footballing scrap heap when we took him on . Released by a Luton team in the 4th tier of English football. 

Sod very much in danger of becoming a jones type figure after Xmas , especially if he does precontract elsewhere. Seems like he was banking on Celtic coming in for him in the summer and when it never happened he has spat the dummy a bit. Shame as he was a stand out last year 

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What happens if they don't like the next appointment? Just throw the toys out the pram again?

If that's what has happened, and it sounds like it has, then they should be transfer listed. If they're as good as they think they are they shouldn't have too much difficulty finding another club. Hopefully the door hits their arse on the way out and causes a season ending injury.

Sounds like the new man whoever it is, needs to have a serious clear out in January. Once the precedent is set of the players picking the manager, how do the 'board' operate from there? at any club. Not saying AA was the best manager in the world, and obviously have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but if players can pick and choose which manager they 'play' for then it doesn't reflect well on the club.

6 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Sounds like the new man whoever it is, needs to have a serious clear out in January. Once the precedent is set of the players picking the manager, how do the 'board' operate from there? at any club. Not saying AA was the best manager in the world, and obviously have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but if players can pick and choose which manager they 'play' for then it doesn't reflect well on the club.

Clear out of who? Who are all these players undermining the manager? O'Donnell aside who are the others we need to 'clear out'