Players ruling the roost

SM21

12 minutes ago, TLC said:

The players loved McCulloch who was dragging us to a relegation.

The last two or three games have been poor but the contention Alessio is trying to “impose” a system the squad cannot play is not one I buy. 
We are 5th FFS. A position a good position to be in given the squad is weaker than last seasons and what a farce our recruitment was in the summer. 

I’ve said this before. Perhaps the players were the biggest part in achieving the results to date and not the manager and they were achieving results despite and not because of the manager. If this is correct it can’t go on as the manager isn’t doing his job. I said this would all come to a head. I just didn’t think it would be this quickly. Done folk that know individual players know what has been going on. No smoke without fire. 

I wouldn’t be as quick to throw the players under the bus as they have a track record of performing over a rookie manager who had an impressive CV that the board fell for. Could be right nan wrong place or simply the wrong man.

20 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Why are some people intent on backing a coach promoted to his first job as manager over some of our most lauded players? We don’t have many if any prima donnas. We have a number of experienced professionals who have worked under different managers. This experience should allow them to know when a manager does and doesn’t know what they are doing. 

There is no point in a manager trying to impose tactics on a group of players for which those tactics aren’t suitable. That’s poor management. 

My main worry is that Del Fabri, Branescu and El Makrini may struggle with Alessio’s departure as they were players the manager brought in but it’s now up to the squad to pull together. 

My personal feeling is the players didn’t give it a chance. Angelo wasn’t Steve Clarke and a few players just didn’t fancy it. He wanted to change things and tried to do too much too soon but a number of the players appear to have had no or little interest in having a bash at it. They wanted to train the way Clarke had them training. They wanted to play the way Clarke had them playing. They were not willing or were reluctant to come out of their new comfort zone. Because of that AA  was fighting a losing battle from the off. I’d be surprised if any players could say they gave AA the same as they gave Clarke. Of course some of this could be down to how the manager put himself across and the failings in the summer transfer window. 

You mention these players are some of our most lauded and that is very true. We haven’t erased McCulloch from our memories though. I’m seeing recently the bad habits of Jig teams creeping back into the group. It’s not a coaching issue for a lot of it. It’s down to the individual that they aren’t doing the simple things. Individual standards have slipped IMO.

Of the three players you mention I can quickly see two of them dropping out the team. If AA's keeper coach has gone as well then Branescu doesn’t strike me as a Billy Thomson keeper. Del Fabro is a good defender and a key part of our defence. El Makrini has improved but he’s a square peg in the round hole that is the more advanced midfield position. 

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

My personal feeling is the players didn’t give it a chance. Angelo wasn’t Steve Clarke and a few players just didn’t fancy it. He wanted to change things and tried to do too much too soon but a number of the players appear to have had no or little interest in having a bash at it. They wanted to train the way Clarke had them training. They wanted to play the way Clarke had them playing. They were not willing or were reluctant to come out of their new comfort zone. Because of that AA  was fighting a losing battle from the off. I’d be surprised if any players could say they gave AA the same as they gave Clarke. Of course some of this could be down to how the manager put himself across and the failings in the summer transfer window. 

You mention these players are some of our most lauded and that is very true. We haven’t erased McCulloch from our memories though. I’m seeing recently the bad habits of Jig teams creeping back into the group. It’s not a coaching issue for a lot of it. It’s down to the individual that they aren’t doing the simple things. Individual standards have slipped IMO.

Of the three players you mention I can quickly see two of them dropping out the team. If AA's keeper coach has gone as well then Branescu doesn’t strike me as a Billy Thomson keeper. Del Fabro is a good defender and a key part of our defence. El Makrini has improved but he’s a square peg in the round hole that is the more advanced midfield position. 

22 games out of a 38 game league so more than half way. If it isn’t working by now was it ever going to work.

An ex player said to me if it isn’t working best to make the call and change things. 

Yes we are currently fifth but best to take action now rather than when we slide down the table. 

Ok. So, just supposing we get a lift from a new manager coming in? Might halt a temporary slide in performance and results but unless there is some long term succession planning in situ it won't be long until we are relegation/,,playoff candidates again. The manager has been shafted and I feel very uncomfortable with that.

I'm struggling to see the evidence that the players have thrown AA under the bus, other than unsubstantiated rumours. Been at most games this season (apart from Nomads debacle thankfully on hols). It has appeared as if there is tactical confusion, and on some occasions team has reverted to tried and trusted and looked ok. Hardly player power I'd say? The Hearts win merely masked problems - we scored 3 in under 20 mins against a shambolic Maroons, but the ensuing 70-odd mins produced very little. Think it's no coincidence that the appointment of JF has ben quickly followed by AA's departure. We now need to see how things shape up under AD, who is unlikely to be spurned by the squad!! All in, I can't help but think that at the moment the debate is polarised into either AA was a failure, or the players got a good coach sacked. Prob neither standpoint is completely on the money. Let's see what Saturday brings. Then Ibrox then Paisley then there is much work to be done tactically, squad strengthening, moral boosting and reconnect between players and fans. KTID.

7 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

It looks like a rehash of the piece they ran earlier in the season when they were trying to get him the sack for being too foreigny.