The trust spokesperson on the board

DrewWylie

53 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

Getting a rep on the board does not mean that every fan will be informed of the ins and outs of the running of the club, as frustrating as this is.  It would be unprofessional to publicly comment on disharmony amongst players and staff.  The media coverage would heap pressure on the players, as well as putting off prospective applicants for the job.

A shame from a nosey perspective, but a sound business decision nonetheless.

I really don't want to know the day to day business of the club, some of which will be covered by "commercial confidentiality" no doubt. But when the club sack a manager after they describe him as the best manager in the league prior to his appointment and just over a month since he was manager of the month I think we are entitled to an explanation. 

1 hour ago, virtuocity said:

Getting a rep on the board does not mean that every fan will be informed of the ins and outs of the running of the club, as frustrating as this is.  It would be unprofessional to publicly comment on disharmony amongst players and staff.  The media coverage would heap pressure on the players, as well as putting off prospective applicants for the job.

A shame from a nosey perspective, but a sound business decision nonetheless.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, virtuocity said:

It would be unprofessional to publicly comment on disharmony amongst players and staff.  The media coverage would heap pressure on the players, as well as putting off prospective applicants for the job.

Shouldn't prospective candidates be forewarned that they maybe walking into a dressing room full of managers?

Let's try and look at this from Billy Bowies perspective he is left with egg on his face after appointing AA and his comments at the time about having the best manager in Scotland okay he has made a massive blunder here but at least he has not hidden from his responsibility in trying to rectify it and I'm sure he knows it was an expensive mistake and therefore he will be determined to get the next appointment right.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why are folk that have no interest in TIK all of a sudden worried about what the trust rep feeds back to those who pay?

Why doesn't bowie or McLeish explain the sacking? 

They should. I don't understand the lack of transparency here. It just breeds speculation and further alienates the fans from the board. 

1 minute ago, Bbk said:

Let's try and look at this from Billy Bowies perspective he is left with egg on his face after appointing AA and his comments at the time about having the best manager in Scotland okay he has made a massive blunder here but at least he has not hidden from his responsibility in trying to rectify it and I'm sure he knows it was an expensive mistake and therefore he will be determined to get the next appointment right.t

The board have more egg on their face than Kirk Broadfoot over this debacle. 

5 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

From what I hear there was a get out clause when Angelo was appointed. 

No doubt now they have gone their separate ways, there will be some sort of confidentiality involved. 

This may not cost the club as much as people think. 

IF. 

It's true

What sort of clause. 5th in the table release clause. Hmmm canny see that being true 

Much has been said on various threads today regarding Angelo's departure. Is it inconceivable to think that he himself prompted his departure through some misconduct.

It could also be that an exit clause existed in his contract that allowed either parties to invoke this within the first 6 months.

The players have been poor this season how do we know they are not just carrying out the boss's plans. 

Of course this is speculation on my part but then is blaming it all on the players any less of speculation. Performances on the pitch are all we can see we have little or no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Angelo appears to be a nice guy, inspirational and motivational I doubt. Time to get the right man and move on.

Heard about the get out clause months ago and word was AA wasn't getting backed financially from the Board as Bowie was going to invoke it when he could. Seems to be early into Angelos reign it was felt / realised  a big mistake had been made. I wasn't impressed like others at the start, however it did seem we had turned the corner and although brutal to watch we were getting results and I like others seemed to have been too critical early doors. There was always the feeling something wasn't just right though, he just never inspired confidence in me, that might be harsh but it is how I felt. The performances last few games have been really uninspiring and although not very pleasant if he had lost the dressing room it was time to go. Not a great period for the Club he did seem like a decent guy but everyone has to move on and get behind the next guy whoever it is, change happens all the time in football.

If Antonio contes assistant at Chelsea and a previous assistant to the Italian managers position accepted a 6 month probationary clause in his contract to join killie he is either (I) mad (ii) desperate for a managers gig or (iii) niaive. If he Agreed to that then we have well and truly, as they say, won a watch. I’d be astounded - but delighted - if that were the case. This is a clause for junior/ mid level positions. Never agreed by execs.