For what it's worth...

baz

1 minute ago, skygod said:

He seemed like a proud man and it's understandable he should be seen, rightly or wrongly, to have failed.

Chances to manage at his age might not be thick on the ground. 

He deserves some sympathy.

Failed?....Really?

If he should be seen to have failed, we are certainly setting our sights and expectations very high. Can't wait to see our next appointment!

Just now, Mister Y said:

Failed?....Really?

If he should be seen to have failed, we are certainly setting our sights and expectations very high. Can't wait to see our next appointment!

I am curious as to what the Board's expectations of success for the manager's position? There's still a fundamental of exactly what it was that got Alessio sacked, and how any new manager mitigates whatever that issue was.

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

I meant to say that, " ....it's understandable that he will be hurt to be seen, rightly or wrongly, to have failed".

I think if he applies for jobs outside of Scotland, his agent will be able to make a strong case for success, albeit brief.

After all, three weeks ago he was MOTM, great defensive stats, fifth in league, cup quarter final.

He could make a persuasive case for the insularity of a footballing backwater costing him.

14 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Agree completely. Just because someone on or connected to the board told Baz or anyone else that there wasnt an incident, doesn't mean there wasnt! It would be crazy to confirm as much, especially knowing that the information is likely to be disseminated onto here. 

I disagree. IMO it would be mental to deny an incident if there had been one. In today's social meeja would it will leak out eventually. Much better to confirm an incident and take control of the agenda. It really just depends on the view of who is doing the PR.

48 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I think if he applies for jobs outside of Scotland, his agent will be able to make a strong case for success, albeit brief.

After all, three weeks ago he was MOTM, great defensive stats, fifth in league, cup quarter final.

He could make a persuasive case for the insularity of a footballing backwater costing him.

We won one game to get to that QF did we not? And then proceeded to lose at home to an abysmal Hibs side. That was a missed opportunity

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

In my opinion, this is probably one of the most stressful and difficult decisions taken by our present board of Directors.

Until the next one - and that is who are they going to appoint as the next manager.
There is huge pressure on them now and of a very different kind to the pressure they were under to replace SC because it is of their own making.

And with regard to the next window, if they dont get it done soon we will find ourselves in exactly the same position that we found ourselves in during the summer - at the back of the queue.