Youssouf Mulumbu

4 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Wid

Phil (and Alec) we all wid’ave. She was a beautiful and Incredibly talented woman. Sitting here after a few beers and whiskies and can’t believe how quickly this bunch of charlatans have taken us from the best team in Scotland to a laughing stock and they don’t seem to realise that we are going down. After all our struggles with the weasel, we are sliding down without a whimper.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, georgekillie said:

That means he is available. I think we should make a move right now. He played the full game so fairly fit you would think.

He was quoted as"disappeared off the face of the earth" after we contacted him. 

It's a no from me. 

Thanks for the memories though. 

I'd much rather see Ally Taylor, Kyle Connell and Ian Wilson if he comes back get some game time. 

Not someone who would come in then be off again in 3 months time. 

1 minute ago, Charlie's Dad said:

I like many others on here love Mulumbu. However we were told that we were close to him coming back in January but he then "disappeared off the face of the Earth". If that truly was the case, I don't want him anywhere near the club. We need players we can rely on.

Come on sir. Basically you're saying no to an ex Premier league and killie star. It happens he may have been awaiting other offers for about 7 months.

• 1 month later...

Youssouf Mulumbu hopes his status as a free agent will help him find a club once football resumes.

The former West Brom and Celtic midfielder was on trial at Birmingham City before the sport went into lockdown.

He is not now working under Blues’ staff and admits he is looking for his next opportunity.

The 33-year-old, who even played for the Under 23s, admits that coronavirus robbed him of his chance at St Andrew’s.

“I trained with the Birmingham team. Everything was going well and the virus stopped everything,” he told Footmercato.

“They gave me a program with goals to reach and we had to send them every day to the fitness trainer.

“I am currently confined to Birmingham. We try to stay in shape, we run, we try to be positive.

"It’s difficult, but we have to adapt quickly to this situation.”

Mulumbu has been without a club all season – having been released by Celtic nearly a year ago.

Indeed the veteran has not played a competitive match since featuring for DR Congo in July 2019.

“I was on loan from Celtic (at Kilmarnock until the end of last season). I went to the CAN (Africa Cup of Nations).

“It went well. When I returned, there were requests in Turkey, but I wanted to stay in a competitive championship and aim for the Championship, Ligue 1.

“I waited and when the offers first arrived, I wanted to wait. After that it was more complicated.

“I had a goal to play in specific championships. I was demanding. It’s a choice. We knew it could be risky, but if I had known, I would probably have thought a little more about certain approaches.”

The former PSG trainee admits he would consider crossing the Channel.

“I am open to France. I am better known in the UK because I have spent most of my career here, but it is true that a challenge in France would be really tempting.

“Any type of project. The only thing is that I want to speak before with the coach because it is important to go into a project where you are useful and where we are counting on you.

“After, there is no problem, even if it is to join a team that plays its survival.

“I have spent seasons doing that with West Bromwich Albion. And I know what it means to play maintenance or survival for a team and a group.

“This is not the first year that I find myself looking for a club and training with a physical trainer.

“Football is stopped for everyone. So everyone is at a standstill. The strangest thing is that we don’t know what’s going to happen. We are patient, we try to keep in shape as best we can.

“We do not control whether the Championship will resume or not, if there will be a transfer window, if the clubs will be able to recruit players.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-west-brom-celtic-18190405