Motherwell home, Fred

CB

1 hour ago, CDM1992 said:

Dominated the second half and could’ve/should’ve had a hatful. Their keeper made 2 outrageous saves and ours stood watching their only real attempt at goal. The difference unfortunately 

Accurate assessment at last we appeared to have a bit of a goal threat. Much as I would have wanted AA to be a success if he had still been here we would still have lost 0-1 but had no shots a goal. 

A bit better than St Johnstone game. Would not be too hard I suppose.

Same old running about with nothing to show for it.

Brophy that chance,dear o dear.

I agree with one of the other posts. If a new manager comes in and AD is not fancied then he has to go as well. I have no issues in AD taking the next 2 games but the club needs to move on. A mini rebuild will happen in January prob with the likes of Sow,Jackson,Hendrie and St Clair moving on. There could be more.

The window cant come quick enough.

Motherwell played similar to the way we did under Clarke. Won’t all second balls and looked dangerous on break. Nicked 3 points in all honesty. Draw would have been fair score. Makrini must be dropped he essentially screens Brophy from any balls in to feet. Gets in the way when Power breaks into space. McKenzie was dire today and I think he knew himself. Keeper must be dropped that’s unforgivable today. 

Brophy needs to our chance away but thought he played well. Need 5-6 players in January. Urgency and tempo is lacking and we are so predictable. With the keeper and that it’s a losing formula. 1 in 9 now and 4 without scoring. Big shake up needed now. No hanging about James Fowler/Board. Thomas came on and put in two great balls and Millar tbf looked lively. 

Very Frustrating but predictable afternoon. That’s twice Branescu has conceded poorly from free kicks against Motherwell. 

30 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Thought we were marginally the better team either side of half time, once we went behind the result seemed inevitable. The lack of quality and belief up top is soul destroying. 

Not picking on anyone as its a team game but was it Brophy or Mckenzie that put the sitter over the bar, couldn't see from my seat. 

Brophy

Far better today from Killie, a far more encouraging performance. The stats would indicate this too. We must've had more shots at goal today that we've had in about 10 games combined. 6 on target which is more that the last 4/5 games combined.

Unfortunately we lost, and we were unfortunate - no doubt. I actually felt as though I was engaging as a fan again which I haven't felt since last season. 

A lot of negative comments on here. Calling down the players and AD probably says more about the posters on here than anything else.

It was a relief today to see the team engage in the game in a more positive manner, which tells me they were comfortable with what they were asked to do. 

I said to my mate before the game: the malcontents will use a loss today to somehow justify their faux outrage at the club/players. I think it likely we will lose to a Well side flying high.

And, hey ho, whadaya know!

Really surprised to see a few being critical/wanting rid of Dyer. Absolute clowns! 

2 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Far better today from Killie, a far more encouraging performance. The stats would indicate this too. We must've had more shots at goal today that we've had in about 10 games combined. 6 on target which is more that the last 4/5 games combined.

Unfortunately we lost, and we were unfortunate - no doubt. I actually felt as though I was engaging as a fan again which I haven't felt since last season. 

A lot of negative comments on here. Calling down the players and AD probably says more about the posters on here than anything else.

It was a relief today to see the team engage in the game in a more positive manner, which tells me they were comfortable with what they were asked to do. 

I said to my mate before the game: the malcontents will use a loss today to somehow justify their faux outrage at the club/players. I think it likely we will lose to a Well side flying high.

Really surprised to see a few being critical/wanting rid of Dyer. Absolute clowns! 

Don’t think they want rid of Dyer, probably more bewildered at AA being sacked and our performance not changing in the slightest after the players basically blamed AA for our dip in recent weeks.

Everyone and their nan could see AA needed to be given a window or two to get us to where he wanted us to be.

5 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

I didn’t see much difference at all. We played a bit for about 10 minutes after we went one down and they sat deeper. 
The stats show we lost 1-0, that’s the only one I’m interested in tonight 

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Don’t think they want rid of Dyer, probably more bewildered at AA being sacked and our performance not changing in the slightest after the players basically blamed AA for our dip in recent weeks.

Everyone and their nan could see AA needed to be given a window or two to get us to where he wanted us to be.

If people can't see the difference between today and what we've watched this season then that's disappointing. 

'Everyone and their nan' as you put weren't inside the workings of the club. 

I think we deserved at least a point today, and did see some lift in player performances.

Today though, a few passengers. I love wee Rory, but he was poor today, Mo was poor as he has been for weeks and the less said about Dicker the better.

We need legs in midfield and I really think Wilson should be given a chance. I'd also recall Kiltie as he's a better attacking option at this moment in time than HSC, Sow and Liam.

In January I'd say a new keeper is as big a priority as two new strikers. He is now costing us points on a semi regular basis... today was frankly embarrassing for a professional keeper.

As for Dyer, he can only piss with the cock he's given. There was nothing that could be changed in the short term to get a reaction and I don't put any blame at his door.

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

I didn’t see much difference at all. We played a bit for about 10 minutes after we went one down and they sat deeper. 
The stats show we lost 1-0, that’s the only one I’m interested in tonight 

yep agree. Changed after we went behind. Needed to change it well before that 

9 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Absolutely agree with most of this. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and these malcontents are the people who want to line up the next singings and the new manager.

I would think BB, JF and probably SSC in an advisory capacity know much better.

Conflicted after today. 

Completely disagree with those saying it was exactly the same. Thought we moved the ball much quicker and got front to back faster and with more tempo. The passes were notably riskier in terms of balls in behind. 

That reflected in the chances we created and should have taken. Brophy was back to being a best and we actually got balls into the box. 

Positives. But we look worrying inflexible. Plan a working better is brilliant, but there's absolutely no plan b. For about ten minutes after the goal we were completely rudderless. Half the team seemed to be attacking one way and half another. Johnson went to pot. 

Sounds daft amongst the positives, but it left me worried about Dyer having the job longer term. We need an identity and today made me feel like someone new needs to come in for that to happen. 

The transfer window is more infuriating by the week. Very little in terms of actual quality between us and the team in third. But they have balance, options and a bit of spark. We were capable of having that and blew it. 

Sir Alex Ferguson could work with that group of players and we would still be poor. As I've said previously Clarke was amazing, but Mulumbu and Stewart made it better than it might of been.

Remember the league cup before Stewart? Remember the January before we got Mulumbu back (outwith a great win against rangers)

We need that bit of magic back asap!!

7 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Sir Alex Ferguson could work with that group of players and we would still be poor. As I've said previously Clarke was amazing, but Mulumbu and Stewart made it better than it might of been.

Remember the league cup before Stewart? Remember the January before we got Mulumbu back (outwith a great win against rangers)

We need that bit of magic back asap!!

I agree the significance of those two players cannot be understated. But even Mcaleny and Jones back would vastly improve us. We went into the season with no creative players and we’re paying for it 

Today was almost like role reversal from last season. Motherwell reminded me very much of us under Clarke - solid without being spectacular, took their chance when it came along, and did just enough to get the job done. At least we did force their keeper into a few saves, but the overall performance was still lacking in any real creativity. We’re far too reliant on Burke to give us that spark.

On another note, I thought it was a really poor effort from their 750 fans today. I know it’s an expensive time of year but we had over 2000 at Hamilton this time last year and took 1100 to Motherwell for the midweek game in October. I expected better of a team in the top 4.

1 minute ago, cammy2012 said:

Turns out it was the players and not the manager who's rubbish. 

Not sure how the manager would of ended up but I dont think there is too much doubt that the players are generally poor.

Could easily create a team from other teams within our budget who are much better players