Motherwell home, Fred

CB

3 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

I agree the significance of those two players cannot be understated. But even Mcaleny and Jones back would vastly improve us. We went into the season with no creative players and we’re paying for it 

100% mate. That was just the 2 main examples. Our current players a high amount of them were bottom of the league under McCulloch. 

Honestly wouldn't be gutted to see any of today's 11 go in January.

Stuart Findlay the only player who is total quality for me

1 hour ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Far better today from Killie, a far more encouraging performance. 

I thought it was much improved on the Livi performance. At least we had a  couple of shots on goal but the ball was still played backwards far too often for me. If you have the ball level with your opponents 18 yard line and ut subsequently ends up back with your keeper that is not "keeping posession" that is just poor football. I lost count of the number of times it hppened particularly at 1-0 down. It just takes the pressure right off them and is a really weak way to play IMO.

Just listened to the AD post match interview and on the positive side he never said we just need to work harder.

Edited by gdevoy

Pretty grim let's be honest. 1 win in 9. Three straight defeats. Haven't scored in 4. Make that 1 win in 10 after we go to Ibrox and 5 straight defeats. The way its going wouldn't bet on us beating St Mirren away. 

At the half way point of the season top 4 is away and unless we add some actual players of quality I can't actually see us improving significantly. We could well get involved at the wrong end of the table. 

I thought we were better today than last few performances. Obviously can talk about some individual errors - enough has been said about keeper - but no matter how well that squad play they will not provide the goals we need. Unless we get the right new recruits in its difficult to c were the wins to go with performances will come from. Allot of pressure on fowler and others in next few weeks. Still confident we can turn things round with couple of quality attacking options.

3 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

my biggest bugbear today was el makrini and Mckenzie in particular never turned to face up an opponent once, everything came back the way. 

Agree 100%. Power and Dicker are 2 of the best defensive mids in the League. I feel sorry for  Makrini as hes not a 10. They try to push him on to link with Brophy but it's not in him. He doesnt have the passing ability to play Brophy in or the legs to run off or beyond him. I feel Power especially is better when were not crowding the midfield  with these guys. I like Rorys energy but he has next to no creative ability. Thomas did more today in 5 mins.

We badly need the creative player we should have signed in the summer as every team in the League now knows we aren't going to hurt them.

3 hours ago, jh2633 said:

He’s no a winger. He’s a far more effective player on the inside and coming more central. He affects the play both on and off the ball in a far more efficient manner in that part of the field. He’s not helped by being played in a formation and system that requires him to hug the touch line for 90 minutes.

He's barely a footballer....

3 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

Thought it was more or less the same as many other performances this season. Turgid, chance-free football for most of the game. Fifteen minutes of huffing and puffing from us towards the end when it was getting too late. 

We were up against a team that seemed a lot more streetwise and organised, even though their alleged quality was nowhere to be seen. 

We  are heading back to the pre clarke days to be honest

7 minutes ago, chubbs said:

He's barely a footballer....

He’s been here through a lot of absolute s***e and the highs of last season where Clarke clearly valued his role within the side. So to say he’s not a footballer? His 200+ appearances for the club you “support” suggest otherwise. 

Edited by jh2633

Thought we played well second half after a slow first 45 , and IF we had attacking players who knew how to score we could probably have got the 3 points ........

It has been  said far far too often this season but ATM we have one of the poorest attacking threats in the league which means often if we lose the first goal it's a hard struggle ....

At home I would be opting for either El Mak or McKenzie in that attacking midfield role and someone else out wide . As both when get the ball look to protect and often play backwards which means apart from Brophy it takes us far too long to get people in attacking areas 

Big onus to make the right quality attacking additions as early as possible in January 

Edited by Scouser2

Just now, jh2633 said:

He’s been here through a lot of absolute s***e and the highs of last season where Clarke clearly valued his role within the side. So to say he’s not a football? His 200+ appearances for the club you “support” suggest otherwise. 

He isn't a football, although a football would have made as much impression on the game as he did. 

8 minutes ago, jh2633 said:

He’s been here through a lot of absolute s***e and the highs of last season where Clarke clearly valued his role within the side. So to say he’s not a footballer? His 200+ appearances for the club you “support” suggest otherwise. 

His 200 appearances show how bad we have been over the past few years... 

3 minutes ago, chubbs said:

His 200 appearances show how bad we have been over the past few years... 

Any way possible and some on here will pile on negative after negative. It’s beyond tiring. We can criticise, we can express our opinions as paying fans but when it’s just constantly doom and gloom with nothing else in sight - what do you gain from this? 

10 minutes ago, jh2633 said:

Any way possible and some on here will pile on negative after negative. It’s beyond tiring. We can criticise, we can express our opinions as paying fans but when it’s just constantly doom and gloom with nothing else in sight - what do you gain from this? 

Last few weeks have been poor so I think most fans are feeling a bit disillusioned! No manager and players under performing. Fans pay their money and are entitled to moan although it doesn’t gain them anything 

30 minutes ago, dasboag said:

I like McKenzie.

He’s a solid reliable player.

If folk can’t understand what he offers across a season there’s not much hope for them, but yes today - bad game.

Cant think of anyone that played well though, so why the hate?

He was rank rotten today. His touch was shocking and passing was even worse. He gets a hard time because to be quite frank for an attacking midfielder his technical ability is not quite at the level required when on the front foot, yes he can one off pieces of brilliance but so can most lower league players. If you cannot understand that then there is not much hope for you. Hence the question i asked, do you think he played well?

What he offers to the team is hussle and bussle when playing away from home, he’ll give a tonne of energy and majority of time will track his runners whilst adhering to the defensive game plan. That is what appreciated by managers and team mates. That is not what is required when playing as part of an attacking front three at home - maybe with the exception of the old firm games.

1 minute ago, DuncD said:

Last few weeks have been poor so I think most fans are feeling a bit disillusioned! No manager and players under performing. Fans pay their money and are entitled to moan although it doesn’t gain them anything 

I dont think it is at all helpful to single out individual players. As a unit it was not good enough today. IMO we just did not move the ball around quickly enough to cause problems and passed ut backwards far too frequently.AD seemed to think we were unlucky. Not sure I agree with him. I think we got what we deserved.

7 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I dont think it is at all helpful to single out individual players. As a unit it was not good enough today. IMO we just did not move the ball around quickly enough to cause problems and passed ut backwards far too frequently.AD seemed to think we were unlucky. Not sure I agree with him. I think we got what we deserved.

Totally agree. 

The number of times we break with ball wide going forward only to find its way back to Branescu is appalling and very frustrating.